Reviews: rosiegreaves4643

We were given a basement room, which turned out to be under the kitchen, so was very noisy all night and very early in the morning. In addition, someone started hoovering the corridor outside our room before 8am on the Sunday morning! I don't think the basement rooms are good value for money, but I did not see any of the other rooms so I don't know how they compare. (We were in a private double room). However, friendly staff, 24hr reception and fairly easy to find.

• 2nd Nov 2013

Hi there and thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy your stay at it's best. It's very strange that you heard noise coming from the kitchen during the night since we close it at 23:00. Probably it was a noisy guest and we really apologise for that. Hope that this experience wasn't too bad and we wish to have you with us again soon :) Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge team.

Brilliant value for money - we had a private double room with en suite and it was only £40 each on a Saturday night... Would definitely go again and recommend to anyone.