Siem Reap Holiday Garden

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Rooms, building, staff/owner were great, but there were many downsides too: bathrooms have clearly seen better days, wifi didnt work, don't even think of getting some sleep after 8 am (HGV is a construction area right now). Most annoying: booked bus tickets for a minivan to Phom Penh, but ended packed up in an highly uncomfortable, old car with 5 other people. Had to argue once with their tuc-tuc driver over price we agreed on beforehand. To sum up: It was a highly ambiguous stay there for us.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Hi, I do appreciate your comments regarding the staff... I am very proud of them. The wifi is terrible in Cambodia and due to concrete structure best in reception as you were advised. Yes I do agree about the construction and plead with owner daily to stop... Is affecting business but stops on 1st December. The bus? Please email me regarding... They are new from what ive been shown... Tuk Tuk driver I was unaware of problem but will address. If informed me and would have changed. Brian

This hostel could also run for a 3-star hotel: rooms are big and bright, well-equipped and extremely clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect in terms of safety and with many sights and places to eat nearby. What else could you ask for? I can definitely recommend This Old Place!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Austria

Hi, We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay here! Thank you very much for your reviews and support.Hope you have a nice day! This Old Place

Dragon King Hostel

Beijing, China

Staff was helpful in every way, location is a quite far away from the forbidden city but there is a metro station just around the corner. My double room was dark, the bathroom smelly and wifi didnt work in my room, so i had to go to the computer room opposite the reception. Ok for a cheap 1-2 night stay.

Nerpa Backpackers

Irkutsk, Russia

Great hostel with super-friendly staff working there. Its conveniently located near the train-station (about 15 min), so it takes you a bit longer to get to the city center of Irkutsk (just take the bus near the hostel). They can organise you a ride to Olkhon at Lake Baikal and even a cheap place to stay there. As a backpacker taking the Transsib, Nerpa is the place to go!

• 18th Sep 2013