Reviews: marksnape4257

Location England, Gender Male, Age 42

Oblik the Railway Hostel, Bucharest, Romania
6.0
24th Nov 2013

I have selected 'Average' for everything... When I arrived & knocked on the door nobody answered! I kept knocking before giving up & looking for somewhere else to stay. The following day (after finding an alternative place to stay) I knocked on the door again & still no answer.. I later learned the Owner was taken to hospital. Hence my 'Average Score' However, quite shocking to be left stranded like this. I am sure other single travelers would be quite upset & annoyed about this.

• England, Male, 41+
Cruz de los Andes, La Paz, Bolivia
8.0
3rd Nov 2012

Very helpful staff with good clean rooms in an ideal location. Perhaps a little pricey.

6.7
3rd Nov 2010

My first impressions were very good, however... 1. Mattress was the worst ever, springs coming through. I had to double up my duvet to soften! 2. Rooms were never cleaned (only to straighten out my duvet!) 3. A ‘humming noise’? throughout the night, it was like sleeping next to a giant fridge! (Ear plugs were needed) 4. Taxi organised by them to Airport tried to rip me off Certainly not worth the money, even with the freebie soap etc, which I think they think justifies the price they char

• England, Male, 25-30
29th Oct 2010

Happy Travel, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
6th Oct 2010

I spent 3 weeks in Mongolia & stayed at Haliuna’s home on & off on a few occasions. I can’t stress what a lovely time I had here & was well looked after by her & her husband. Advice was at hand for all my concerns whilst I stayed including transport etc. Breakfast & tea/coffee etc was a nice touch & Haliuna also provides a laundry service at very cheap rates. It is located just off the Peace Avenue & so is very handy for the shops & restaurants etc. I look forward to a re-visit someday!

• England,
Green Stairs, Tbilisi, Georgia
18th Jul 2010

I was looked after very well at Green Stairs & the owner was a wealth of local knowledge which came in handy as I had lots of questions to ask! The Rooms are great fun with a brilliant view looking out to The TV Tower in the evening when it is all lit up. The owner even provides free tea & coffee facilities! A fridge & free wi-fi, what more can you ask for!!! I thoroughly recommend this Hostel, as it is ideally situated in the Heart of Tibilisi.