Reviews: cherylbaker3258

6th Mar 2016

3rd Jan 2016

26th Jul 2015

1st Mar 2015

I had made two booking, to stay fri 27/2 and sun 1/3/15 here. Unfortunately I had to cancel the friday accom at last minute. When I rang the hostel they confirmed my sun booking and allowed me to pay the fri & sun accom on my c.card upon arrival on sunday. As I arrived early and was attending the V8 Clipsal Car races till late that evening after the concert, I was given a key and allowed to put my gear in the dorm room and lock it up - which was a great relief. Staff are always helpful.

Glad we could help out and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Adelaide during the Clipsal 500. Happy travels - maybe we will see you next year. Cheers

8.0
27th Feb 2015

I had to cancel accommodation for this date, called them about it and was able to pay with my c.card when I arrived for my next booking for accommodation on sun 1/3/15.

OK good - glad we could amend the booking - thanks for staying with us!

Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort, Cairns, Australia
8.0
20th Dec 2014

Only stayed one night and Calypso suited me for this purpose. Walked a few blocks towards the city and found a nice Vietnamese restaurant where I had a good meal. They offered a free shuttle bus from the airport to the backpackers, and it is only a 15 min ride away so not sure why 3 people had to wait one hour for them to collect us from the airport, especially since I had previously advised them at the time of booking the arrival time of my flight.

26th Feb 2014

Stayed at the Guest House while in Adelaide for the Clipsal 500, found the hostel located close to the track as expected and it was easy to get around on public transport or by foot. Next time I will take advantage of the free bikes at the hostel to see more of Adelaide. It was a good location, not too noisy but close enough to the main drag to be an easy walk each night for a meal or to visit the fringe festival. Also enjoyed the free breakfast.

Thanks for your nice comments. We got a brand new fleet of bikes last week so make sure you use them next time you stay. They are provided by the Council and are totally free!

8th May 2013

I enjoyed my stay at University Residences as it was clean & comfortable and well located to the city centre and other neighbourhoods I was keen to explore. HAving stayed in hostels prior to my arrival I was used to making my own meals, however asthere was no plates, cutlery etc, I ended up eating out most nights which can prove expensive. Overall I would stay there again as well located to public transport for getting around the city.

Guesthouse Akureyri, Akureyri, Iceland
2nd May 2013

I booked this at last minute during my stay, and though the guesthouse did not have kitchen facilities or a fridge or tea & coffee making facilities in the room, I found the staff at the Akureyri Hotel exceptional in the assistance they provided me during my short stay. I would stay at either the Akureyri Hotel or guesthouse again for this reason.

Akureyri H.I. Hostel, Akureyri, Iceland
27th Apr 2013

Great place to stay, quiet but close to everything. Staff very helpful and the hostel was spotless at all times. They can also get you good discounts on tours and restuarants. It was easy to cook my own meals while others were doing the same as the kitchens are well equipped. Overall could not fault.

Town Yard Hostel, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
8.7
7th Aug 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Oyuna's, the family were very friendly and helpful with any requests. Only a 15-20 min walk to State Dept Store, I could get away from the Chaos of Peace Ave and enjoy the quiet of the guest house and mostly had the place to myself as other travellers were out in the countryside directly after Nadaam when I stayed. The only issue I had was the computer wouldnt work on my last day, so could not access emails, however this was a minor inconvenience. Good value for money!

Mongolian Steppe Guesthouse, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
6th Aug 2011

Once I found the hostel I was taken to another apartment owned by the same hostel. The 2nd was way more appealing than the first and I enjoyed a quiet night. Did see others from the dorm room, but no space for interaction as I was in the private room, however as it was only 1 night I didnt mind. Safe and secure building and good area, though not sure I would venture out at night here.

Hostel Arrabal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
13th Mar 2010

The toilets need cleaning more regularly and the bin emptying, otherwise the hostel seemed clean and tidy.

Hostel Suites Obelisco, Buenos Aires, Argentina
11th Mar 2010

Thankfully, I had a clean double room on floor 3 away from the extreme noise of the music in reception, combined with tv and pool players. The music in reception should not be so loud. Otherwise hostel seemed ok. Free meals too ages to come and not really worth having.

La Casa en Ushuaia, Ushuaia, Argentina
10th Mar 2010

Although I only stayed one night here, Sylvia the hostess was very helpful and accomodating. She has a lovely home and though is a little hillclimb from town, is close and convenient.

Eco Hostel, Santiago, Chile
9.3
11th Feb 2010

Found Eco Hostel a few blocks walk from Bellavista restaurants and has a supermarket nearby. Staff helpful and friendly, hostel clean & comfy good music but not a party hostel when I stayed just laid back & relaxing. Highly reccommend.

Hotel Fuentes, La Paz, Bolivia
22nd Jan 2010

Hotel was cheap and close to everything. On arrival the shared bathroom was disgusting and had to ask twice for it to be cleaned, then it was not cleaned during the 4 days I stayed. This let the hotel down. Breakfast was extremely basic, awful juice, bread, jam and coffee or tea so I ate out each morning. Overall my single room was very basic not tv heat or air but well positioned.

Albergue Buenos Aires, El Calafate, Argentina
21st Dec 2009

Nice place to stay, single room was great. Carlos very helpful and let me continue to use the hostel facilities while waiting for a bus to Puerto Natales late on checkout day. If I could not arrange a bus, he was happy to arrange accomodation for me with another hostel. Close to bus station, information and main street.

Las Retamas B&B, Ushuaia, Argentina