Location: USA, Age: 48

A lot has improved in this hotel since the last time I was here 6 months ago. The main improvement was the staff. This time around, Eboni, Tamika, Gerald and Lilian were all very helpful and gracious to me. I would say that this hotel deserves a try from you for that reason. Still, I must say that, if you don't like surprises on your payments, then beware of the proclivity in the USA to not include tax on the initial payment report. You will end up paying probably 7 US dollars more.

Mexico City Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

This hostel has a good location, very close to Zocalo. They have a free breakfast which is pretty substantial. You may struggle just a bit if you need to use their computers for the internet. If has a colonial feel to it which is attractive. Showers have hot water.

The Lazy Hostel Vieques

Vieques, Puerto Rico

I enjoyed my stay here. Charlie was professional and conscientious. The vibe here is pretty good, and it is steps away from the shoreline. A good price for accommodation so close to the beach area, but don't expect those good prices to extend to the restaurants there in Esperanza. Keep in mind that this place is probably more geared for younger, partying kind of people.

San Juan International Hostel

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Francisco, the owner, is a good guy and the hostel is a good value for the low sum of money you pay. The location doesn't seem so good, but you can get around it OK. There's a computer available for internet, which is nice.

Fortaleza Guest House

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Look, with a location and price like this, you just can't complain.

There hotel left me with a general impression that it could improve itself in the area of common courtesy. Ingrid, the driver, was very curt and brusque. The hotel did not appear to me to follow its policy of picking up at the airport every 30 minutes. The one computer for internet was not functioning, there was no toothpaste, and I did not receive the wake-up call I requested. I found the staff to be lounging in the lobby and socializing with each other instead of being at there stations.

This is a nice hostel to stay at. The free breakfast is especially nice. Just remember that these are young, partying people here, so be prepared for a party atmosphere. The location is nice and it's surprising that you can get a price this good. The staff, especially Aisha and Nazza, were quite helpful. They will let you know about the most interesting sights to see. At first, I didn't mingle right away with the younger crowd, but they proved to be friendly in the end.

Bus Hostel Reykjavik

Reykjavik, Iceland

The staff at this hostel are very friendly. Sophie and Diego in particular were so accommodating and helpful. This place has a good vibe. Don't worry about it being a bit far from the city center. The 20 minute walk is interesting enough and it will do you good. You also pass the all important BSI bus terminal along the way, not to mention the fact that this hostel is only about 10 minutes from the Perl Center. The design of the hostel in Scandinavian wood minimalist, and quite cool : )

Many thanks for your kind words and for your review. Sofie and Diego are the best! Love from the Bus.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Travel Joy Hostels came through for me again : ) Marine, Nicole, Shannen and the crew were super as always. They go out of your way to make you feel welcome. I don't see how much longer they can keep this up and stay at these good prices. So, hurry up and book here while it still lasts : ) Oh yeah, the free drink legend is true and it makes all the difference in the world!!!!

West Two London

The last time I wrote about this hostel, I commented on the lack of bathrooms; however, when I returned, I saw that they had a very nifty extra bathroom above the second floor (floor 2 1/2). So, this will be a good tip to all that come: this bathroom has two extra showers and a toilet, and it has an open door for continuous access. This will help you very much when you need to go in the middle of the night, not to mention helping you with the scarce shower space. So, a good hostel overall :)

Albatross

Newcastle upon Tyne, England

The staff at this hostel are supreme, especially Daniel, so try to seek him out : ) A very, very good location right down from the train station. A very good price. All kinds of social meeting space: don't miss the den downstairs. The staff here were really good to me and, because of that, I can't recommend them any higher : ) I've got to stress that an eight-bed dorm is really worth the extra pound or two. Try to get that room with a fire place if you can.

Parkview Guesthouse

Cambridge, England

This was a very cozy and comfortable guest house to stay in. It feels like staying in a typical English home. The dining area was charming, and a perfect place to have your breakfast, which is a good price and something I recommend. The staff were very accommodating and very pleasant. There were no problems with staying in this guest house at all, though the location might be just a bit out of your way. To me, it was worth it.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

You really need to take advantage of this hostel while it is still around. I doubt that they will be able to keep up this level of quality service. After all, they certainly don't have to give you unlimited free soft drinks and cook your omlet to order for free every morning. The staff (Shannon and crew) are super friendly and seem to have been specially trained to keep their customers happy and welcome. You can't ask for better customer relations than this. Like I said, hurry up and come!

YHA London St Pancras

This is my favorite YHA hostel, and probably my favorite hostel of all time. First of all, the dorms are only four people, and even in such a small dorm, they have your own bathroom. In some of the dorms, this even included separate showering and toilet rooms. The atmosphere is very cozy, clean and safe. The TV common room is cool. The staff are friendly. And all for such a good price! I wish they still had the free breakfast, but hey, you can't have everything ; )

West Two London

I found the staff to be OK. If you treat them with respect, they will do the same for you. I thought that, at this price, the other guests would be a bit dodgy, but they turned out to be OK people, no problem. The place is actually rather clean for such a budget accommodation. They have a nice lounge area with free coffee/tea, which is nice. It is true that the toilet is inconvenient, being on the landing, and they need to get an extra one, but then,t at these prices, how can you complain?

Kings Cross Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

This hostel has nice staff that will try to help. It also feels safe here. It really is a young backpackers place for people who probably like to hang out and have fun at night, but that's fine if that's what you want. The only thing that was a major problem with my particular stay is that the toilet on my floor was not working and I had to go up a long flight of stairs in the middle of the night just to answer nature's call. They really should get another toilet installed.

Canberra City YHA

Canberra, Australia

A very nice place. The staff were quite professional and friendly. Good location. You can't really go wrong, but remember, like all YHA hostels nowadays, they do charge for the extras (breakfast, and even extra for coffee with breakfast).

Mountbatten Hotel

Sydney, Australia

The internet computer was not working. The staff that I spoke to, Vernon, seemed to think such was in the normal course of things. Also, Vernon did not seem willing to make an effort to help with basic questions about the sights of Sydney. He didn't have some basic knowledge either, such as the numbers of the buses that one needs to take. I spoke with Stephanie later on, whom I think is the manager, and she explained that Vernon is new. Stephanie was more helpful with me.

Seoulwise Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

This is a very clean hostel. Young, the staff member there, works hard to make it look nice. He and Adrian, another staff, were very willing to give me tips on what to do in Seoul. Young is very knowledgeable and a good resource. Best of all, Young went out of his way to help me when I was sick. He took me to the hospital on his own time and translated for me. He supported me through that whole ordeal, and I am very much appreciative. You cannot go wrong staying at this hostel.

Suzy was a bit assertive.

San Juan International Hostel

San Juan, Puerto Rico

This hostel is a good value for the money. The staff, especially Francisco and Dan, are very kind and helpful. Francisco made me feel welcome and tried to help me out right away. I would only suggest that they make the hostel look a little more like a hostel so that people can recognize it easier from the street. Since it's a good hostel, they might as well be proud to show it off!

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

The guy from Senagal (I forgot his name) at the front desk really needs to go to charm school. The rest of the staff were super. You may also want to get a coffee machine.

Funky Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

Annie and Syd were very personable, freindly and generous. The cleaning lady was very sharp and keen to help. The location was very convenient. Very nice hostel. Keep up the good work.

Khaosan Tokyo Original

Tokyo, Japan

I was very happy to be at your hostel. The people there were very friendly. One of the staff went with me personally to show me the specific restaurant that I should go to for a traditional Japanese breakfast. She was also very patient with the other new arrivals who came in without a reservation. Your hostel makes it so much easier for many travelers who are coming to Japan for the first time and are afraid that it will be too expensive. Case I'm sorry about the late payment!