AmicitiA (former Friesland)

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The view from this hostel is breathtaking, and the rooms have portholes that are right on the water, so nice. It was very quiet at night, not much going on party wise, don't know if this was because of the time of year. The captain is cool and the breakfast is huge. Only thing was the toilets smelled terrible (they were clean though) and every so often a funky sewage-y smell would waft into the room, is this a boat thing?

• 2nd Jan 2013

Intersail

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I stayed with my sister on new year's day, we were shattered after NYE and there were signs up everywhere saying that the hostel was mucho mucho serious about noise, but it was hands down the noisiest hostel that I have ever stayed in, and the thin walls and creaky floors are pretty unforgiving. Other than that it was really lovely, cute boat, friendly staff, very clean and amazing breakfast. The rooms are hobbit sized but a 2 bed room has plenty room for two.

• 1st Jan 2013

We are aware of the thin walls and small rooms. Unfortunately we have to rebuild the entire hostel to take care of this problem and so instead we put a lot of notes to ask people to be quiet after 22:00, it doesn't always work though :\ Good to read you had a good time