Reviews: sarahalhowell7158

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Hostel is probably one of the best I have stayed in regarding room, facilities, cleanliness and location. The girls who looked after me in Kennedy's were a bunch of sweethearts. The Fort does advertise as being next door to a busy bar; this includes some rooms either facing the street or facing the beer garden. If you wake easy or are a light sleeper, please bare this in mind as you probably won't sleep much. Met some absolute legends, beds are cosy as hell!

• 25th Aug 2013

Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

Phil is a very sweet charming guy willing to help with anything.

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Close enough to everything, Koh San Road is only a 20min walk away. Clean and conveniently attchaed to a coffee house. Excellent wi-fi connection. Huge lockers for your backpack. Clean showers. Excellent DVD library too, cant fault it.

La Lomita del Chingolo

Punta del Este, Uruguay

It was like living at home but 100 times better. Such a great atmosphere and a pretty location. Rodriguez is a wonderful host as is his wife Alex and there pooch Hush. As i didnt bring my license i had to hire a bicycle to navigate anywhere which was exhausting in that heat, but at least I got fit at the same time!!! Would definately stay here again.

Hostel Suites Obelisco

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I am travelling alone and was anxios to meet a group i could hang with. 1st night here in the common room and i had made friends with 5 great people and we stuck together for the rest of the trip. The staff are very helpful, the batheroom was always spotless and the location was perfect. The 4th floor kitchen doesnt have a cooker or a fridge so be prepared for the stairs...alot.

El Sol Hostel de Recoleta

Buenos Aires, Argentina

My 1st time travelling and obviously aprehensive of the whole hostel scene. I checked out of a hotel early because i was so lonely and booked El Sol last minute...it was so worth it. Paul the owner is so friendly and funny and approachable for everything, as was his colleagues. The cleaning lady was adorable! Croissants and coffee every morning in the TV room, great. There were no locks on our doors (lockers for smaller bags though) but i never felt it unsafe. Bloody good start to my trip.