Reviews: alexmacfarlane5279

Aviemore Youth Hostel

Aviemore, Scotland

Great location for hiking and the staff are very helpful. Continues the frustrating tendency of SYHA hostels of not putting plug sockets in the rooms.

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Scotland

Urban Holiday Lofts

Chicago, USA

Possibly the most spacious hostel I've stayed in: a vast dorm, with sofa and kitchen, and high-ceiling with large windows. Unfortunately the blinds were sparse, and entirely missing by my bed, so I was woken at 5.30am and even with a t-shirt over my head had trouble sleeping after that. The walls and ceiling also let a lot of sound in. But very helpful staff, clean, comfy bed and pillow.

• 27th May 2013
  • Scotland

Babushka House

St Petersburg, Russia

There was a lot to like about Babushka House: location, cleanliness, comfy mattress, decent facilities. Unfortunately, this was ruined by the tiny, windowless, stuffy dorm with paper-thin walls. I could hear the washing machine, the toilets, the showers, the movies being watched by the night staff and the loud conversations of the night staff, and as a consequence sleep was more of a concept than a reality.

• 23rd Feb 2012

Hostel Good Luck

Yaroslavl, Russia

A simple, comfortable hostel in the centre of Yaroslavl, near the attractions, trolleybuses and minimarts/restaurants. The beds are comfy, the facilities are decent, the staff are very friendly. If you're looking for a cheap and pleasant option in Yaroslavl, this is the place to stay.

• 6th Oct 2011

Godzillas Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Great hostel to stay in! 20 mins walk from Red Square, very near a metro station and various minimarts and restaurants. Wonderful staff, comfy beds, very good facilities. I would definitely recommend Godzillas to a friend.

• 3rd Oct 2011

Friendly helpful staff, a comfy bed in a clean and non-cramped room, free wifi, free breakfast (at certain times of the year), good showers, close to all the sights, peaceful at night - just what I wanted! Thanks guys!

About the only complaint I can make for this place is that one of the staff replied with saracasm when a friend and I asked for directions to a mosque - apparently we couldn't be helped if we couldn't find it on a certain street, which it is not on at all. Two side-streets and some friendly vendors later, we actually found it. But, that aside, I really enjoyed my stay at Xiangzimen and would definitely return.