Sandeman Allen

The hostel is good, but it's probably better for long stays as there are mostly long term residents there. The staff is lovely. The hostel is quite clean. Showers, however, are awful. Nevertheless, for the price I paid it was great!

• 1st Oct 2014

Smart Stay Berlin City

Berlin, Germany

I would not go back only because the morning receptionist, Alexandra, was really unpleasant and made the impression of a person who thought guest were just annoying addition to her job. I had a chat about her with other guests - they had the e opinion. The hotel is great for the price, the decor is cool and the night staff was were awesome and super helpful, but this one morning receptionist's approach was just awful and it's a real shame.

• 17th Sep 2014

Rethymno Youth Hostel

Crete, Greece

Cool place, close to everything you'd like to do in Rethimnon and with helpful staff who will tell you where to go and what to see. Mostly lovely guests in the the hostel. The showers are fine, the rooms are quite spacious. The wifi sucks though at times, but all in all a great place to spend a couple of days during your holidays in Crete not being surrounded by tourists, but by travellers. I would come back.

• 10th Sep 2014

Dover Castle Hostel and Bar

The place is all right. The decor seems to he old and everything seems to be a bit worn out, but it is a good place to stay for a couple of days.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Poland

The bathrooms are great, spacious and modern. I had a single room, which as for London standards was quite big and well equipped. They have everything you need - hairdryers, iron, ironing board etc. Staff is nice. The only minus is location, but it's still quite convenient - near the tube. The neighborhood's also a bit weird, but shops are close and there's a variety of them. All in all if the hostel was more central it would be perfect. Still a very good one!

• 4th Jul 2014

YHA London Thameside

I got lost trying to find it - spent an hour wandering around before I got there. The receptionist - Luigi - seemed to be very confused and had problems with understanding that my bf will arrive later, the other receptionist(female) did not pay attention at all, in result when my bf finally arrived there later at night the night receptionist told him I wasn't checked in. The problem was solved however, but the day receptionists weren't too good. Otherwise a good hostel - up to yha standards.

• 14th Jun 2014

Dover Castle Hostel and Bar

It was a really short stay, but would like to go back there to check it out. The room was very hot and no possibility to open the windows - huge minus! but all in all a good location, nice people, rooms are big, it was clean enough, staff nice and the prices were really encouraging as for London.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Davies Court

The rooms look totally different than those in the photos! But all in all a good hostel, especially when you want to be close to the canary wharf, dlr or excel exhibition centre. Plus the bus straight to the city stops just outside the door. Although, minus for not having a single hairdryer for hire...

• 12th May 2014

St Christopher's Oasis

great hostel, cool ppl!

• 9th Feb 2014

• 27th Jan 2014

YHA London St Pauls

No free wifi is a massive disappointment on this place. But anyway, I really like it.

• 21st Jan 2014

YHA London St Pauls

There is no free internet access, but it is so central and so clean! The rooms are fine. It's excellent as for a London hostel. I'll be definitely coming back.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Poland

We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and we hope to see you again. Remember for next time that HI members always pay less for their overnights and they get free wifi access! YHA London St. Paul's Duty Manager

• 9th Dec 2013

Awesome as always.

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Poland

Do not go there! I mean it. The owner is definitely noone you would like to meet - I booked it just to find out that they did not have the room for me and they wanted me to pay twice as much for another room. When I refused they told me to get out... So I did. I found a much nicer place to stay. This place is below all expectations. I have never been treated in such an unrespectful way!

• 12th Oct 2013

Strand Continental

I wouldn't stay there again. The staff weren't very helpful - it's a common thing in good hostels that someone will help you with your heavy bag, here I was told that they don't offer such services... I would actually help anyone with that and I'm not a hostel employee.. The guests were also weird. There was literally no atmosphere. But it was clean. And the views were nice. However the rooms were so small! Even for London! And no elevator - six floors. No help with luggage. I don't recommend.

• 9th Oct 2013

Awesome like always! :D

• 7th Oct 2013

Gallery Hyde Park

Cool place! I've stayed there a couple of times and it's my favourite in London.

• 29th Sep 2013

Sandeman Allen

It is a nice place. The staff are mostly nice anc helpful. But the lack of kitchen and common are is a minus. Their showers are also nothing enjoyable.

• 26th Sep 2013

Gallery Hyde Park

It's one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. It shines bright among so many horrible London hostels - and it's definitely one of the best in Bayswater. It's clean, homey, has many bathrooms. The kitchen is cool. The common room is awesome. People staying there are great. The staff is helpful and smiling. Everything you want is there. The price is not the lowest, but everything you might need is free of charge, while in cheaper places you pay for everything. Go to 23 hostel!

• 24th Sep 2013

• 22nd Sep 2013

Sandeman Allen

The hostel is quite cool - I spent there just one night, but it was really nice. I think it was the best hostel I visited in London so far and I have visited a few. Rooms are quite spacious and well equipped. However, visiting the toilets is not very pleasant. The shower was not too nice as well, but I've seen much worse in my life, so all in all it was not so bad. People were ok. I will definitely come back next time.

• 31st Aug 2013

The Royal Bayswater Hostel

At my first stay I had thought I would be definitely coming back to this place, but the next stay - it turned out to be a nightmare. Everything is fine with the hostel, however the people who stay there are quite freaky members of society, who cannot afford anything else and do not know how to behave. Of course it depends on your luck, but I would not like to risk staying there again. It also seems to be cheap, but you could book sth at the same price and you'll get the wifi included.

• 11th Aug 2013

The Royal Bayswater Hostel

It's a pity you don't have a free wifi.

• 10th Aug 2013

Krakow, Poland

• 29th Sep 2012

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Great hostel, good location and Jessica is the best receptionist I've ever met!

• 1st Mar 2012