Reviews: thomaseinstein1917

• USA, Male, 31-40
HI NYC Hostel, New York, USA
8.0
24th Mar 2013

I agree that scale is pretty huge, so that you don't friend as easily as you would in a smaller place. That said, I liked the diverse clientele, and I felt like everyone was relatively friendly. There was a vague spring break cliquishness to some of the groups...

• thomaseinstein1917
  • USA, Male, 25-30
6.6
21st Mar 2012

It's essentially clean but absolutely nothing beyond that. Spare, worn rooms and toilets, chipped tiles, a tub shower (like at home.) Blankets are clean but worn. Brusque staff, to different degrees, which is New York. Still, enough that I felt discouraged from asking "what's cool to see?" etc. One night I had a male singles room. There are two people living there who have been there for 30 years, rent control, grandfathered in. And do to room smell, dress gave it a flop house feel.