Reviews: powerchiropractic209

• Australia, All Female Group, 31-40
Surf City Hostel, Los Angeles, USA
2.0
31st May 2013

Actually I am unable to comment on this hostel, as although we made our reservation about 4 or 5 months ago, when I emailed them about 5 days before we were due to arrive to confirm, I received an email saying they had a problem with their booking system and now didn't have a room for us! Which basically means they put priority over the people who made their reservation after us and kicked us out. I have stayed at this hostel in the past and was very disappointed with this service. Horrible.

Surf City Hostel, Los Angeles, USA
10th Jun 2010

Fantastic hostel, possibly the best place I stayed in the States! The location is fantastic, right at the beach, with bars and restaurants all right down stairs. If you are looking for somewhere quiet to get away, this would not the place. But if you are travelling alone, like I was, and want a fun, friendly, great priced hostel, this is a winner!

6.0
6th Jun 2010

Good location, but the front desk staff were not very frendly or helpful. Also, as a single traveller, it was not the best hostel for meeting people - many of the guests would just sit upstairs on their laptops all night and not socialise. Also, I was staying in a 2 bed dorm, which is 2 blocks away in a different building and the magnetic key kept getting wiped, which is annoying having to walk back to the office in the middle of the night!

Samesun Montreal Central, Montreal, Canada
31st May 2010

One of the best hotels i've stayed in Canada and North America! The rooms are large and very clean, the staff are fun, friendly and helpful and the karaoke night was great!

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel, San Francisco, USA
8.7
25th May 2010

Since I was in a private room, i actually stayed at the Dakota Hotel, around the corner from the Adelaide. I was hoping to meet some people and see the city, but in the end i just spent the trip alone, so that was a bit disappointing. But the location was fantastic, just 2 blocks from Union Square, and the rooms where clean and quite large. I would stay here again only if travelling with another person.