Reviews: klwhite1478

I was really disappointed with our stay here. I booked a twin room for two nights but we ended up only staying one night because it was so bad and I'm normally very easy to please. The walls of the room were mouldy with chunks of plaster falling away. The bathroom was filthy and the seat wasn't even attached to the toilet. The whole place smelt musty from the mould. Everything felt unclean. In the end we walked out and when I complained to the girl she didn't even seem surprised. Really awful.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Absolutely loved my stay here, even if it was only for one night. The hostel was easy to find, situated beautifully in the old town of Tallinn, close to everything you might want to see. The rooms were clean and the one I was in was quite spacious. My only small concern is the bunk squeaked every time I rolled over (I hope my bunk mate was a heavy sleeper). The staff were very helpful and the gorgeous Taro is super friendly and is eager to help point you in the right direction. So glad I stayed!

The Phoenix

Shanghai, China

We had a lovely clean twin room. Quite spacious, hardly any noise and the AC worked beautifully. We enjoyed our stay here and would happily come again.

• 7th Jun 2014

The dorm room was hot and didn't have a outside window. Room was a bit small but the bathroom was clean. Location fantastic.

• 23rd May 2014

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

We loved this hostel. We stayed in two deluxe doubles are they were very cute, set amongst a small courtyard, with a split level between the bathroom and the bedroom area. The walls are very thin, but luckily our party were next to each other so the noise didn't bother us. The bathrooms are very clean and the shower pressure was fantastic and the beds are soft and comfortable. The local is unbeatable, close to the pedestrian street and lots of restaurants. We will definitely stay here again!

• 25th Apr 2014

Shanghai Dock Bund Hostel

Shanghai, China

The standard twin room had very comfortable beds and a great shower! Sadly the walls are very thin and our room was right under the stairs, so we could hear people running up and down them all night. The location is great though, only a very short walk to Nanjing Road and the Bund. All in all quite reasonable for the price.

• 28th Mar 2014

The hostel is wonderfully located and is surrounded by lots of great places to eat and shop. The dorm itself was not overly clean and the bathroom was a little frightening but the beds were incredibly comfortable and I slept like a log. Staff have minimal English but they try their best.

• 13th Dec 2013

The Cosy Garden

Yangshuo, China

I can't say I was overly impressed with my stay at the Cosy Garden. While the hostel was quite nice, it was quite a way out from the town. The staff would often ignore you and they weren't particularly friendly or helpful when they did speak to me. I would suggest going down the road to their sister hostel Carpe Diem. Most things were cheaper there and the staff were much nicer. Be aware that they offer pick up on the "directions" page and then charge you for it when you arrive.

Thanks for the feedback, Unfortunately you where staying when we fully booked which does mean we don't have as much time to spend on every guest as we would like, If your nice and friendly to the staff they will return it as you can see from all our other guests. Carpe Diem offers exactly the same prices as we share the same tours, bikes ect Unless you see the word 'free' on anything, normally you expect to pay for it, please read the full description! :)

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

I love love loved my stay here at Wada! The staff were amazing and knew me by name after only a few hours of being there. They are nicely located near the train station and it is super easy to get around the city with the wonderful help of the staff. They even have lockers that I could leave my huge backpack in while I went on overnight trips around the area. I loved the whole vibe here, but it is DEFINATELY the staff that make this place so awesome! Best hostel I've stayed in while in China.

We love love love you! Thank you for your wonderful review! =)

Five Elements Hostel

Dali, China

I enjoyed my time here and would happily stay here again. I was lucky enough to stay here during the Naxi Torch Festival and got to join the staff as they participated and took us around the town. The food was also delicious and the atmosphere was serene and lovely. Definintely recommend this one!

Yeap, lots of fun at that time, once a year, thank you for joining us. Torch Festival is a big thing to Bai, Yi and Naxi people.

This hostel was very nice and beautifully located with a great view (though very hard to find in the dark, bring a torch!!). The staff were nice and helpful and the rooms were pleasant. However I'd probably avoid the food here, I ate eggs here and ended up sick for 10 days with a parasitic food poisoning.

Dear ,Thank you for staying with us. As you know the altitude of Lijiang is about 2450M above see level, many people may get some altitude sickness, and the symptom is diarrhea and vomit.There are many guests having food at out hostel everyday, if it is food poisoning,but only you got that problem, so we think it was just because you got the altitude sickness like the doctor said. Thanks again for staying with us.Team Panba

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

Super unhappy with my stay here. The rooms are loud and very very bright all night. I found some of the staff to be dishonest and extremely unhelpful. Worst of all I accidently left a jacket in my locker when I checked out, I rang an hour later at the girl on the desk said they had found it and would keep it for me, but when I rang back a few hours later to organise picking it up they claimed it was not there and had not been found. I thoroughly regret having ever stayed here.

Happy Hotel

Mt.Emei, China

I was initially booked into a dorm room here but ended up switching to a twin, but I will base my review on the dorm. The staff here were lovely and the location was great but that is where it end. The dorm here is blatantly a linen closet that has had a bunk bed put into it, and to access the bathroom I had to walk down two flights of stairs and go through the restaurant and kitchen to access it, which is shared with the guests dining in and the kitchen staff. Don't book the dorm room.

I'm sorry I'm very sorry

I was very pleased with my stay at Flip Flop, I would definitely recommend staying here! Everything was clean, the staff were very helpful, and the facilities were excellent. I would stay here again for sure!

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

I really enjoyed my stay at Han Tang Inn. The staff were super helpful and spoke excellent English. The location is perfect and really close to all the main forms of transport. My only issue was the bathroom shower in our dorm took forever to drain and the wifi connection could be a bit iffy. But on the whole I thoroughly recommend staying here! Great value for money.

Luoyang Jujia Hostel

Luoyang, China

My stay at Luoyang was pleasant. The owner is very nice and the room was exceptionally clean, as was the bathroom. Location wasn't great but I was given plenty of help with how to get around. I struggled a bit with seeing the value for money part as the power was out for the better part of a night and day during my stay (no ac, no wifi, no hot water etc.)but that can't be helped I guess. The owner was nice enough to upgrade from a dorm bed to a private double room, which was nice.

Thank you very much!Electrical equipment maintenance once every year-one day. You come across,I am very sorry. Not my fault. If there electricity,To you need everything all have(have ac, have wifi, have hot water etc.). You phone damaged, I can no hear you voice, Also me wrong?

Quite happy with our stay at Le Tour Traveler's Rest. We were in a private twin room, it was comfortable and clean. It was an internal room, but still had a window to let light in. The staff were few, but all plesant enough. The location was the best thing, just a short taxi ride from most places of interest and most driver's knew where it was. Good shower with hot water available every time it was needed. WIFI was available in the reception area, but not in the room. Overall, very happy.

• 11th May 2013

Hutcha Resort

Koh Samui, Thailand

I was pretty happy here at Hutcha Resort. The staff were really nice and very helpful. We only stayed overnight on our way to the airport but was just what we needed. My only concern would be that the basic twin room is advertised as having air conditioning but our room only had a basic fan.

• 15th Dec 2011

I-Bed

Koh Samui, Thailand

I-bed had great facilities and was great value for money. It was nice and clean and the staff were quite helpful, though their English seemed to be limited which made booking taxis and tours a little difficult since I speak little to no Thai.

• 11th Dec 2011

Penzy Guesthouse

Koh Samui, Thailand

Penzy's guesthouse is great. Its a good locaiton, very close to the beach and the main street of Chaweng but still manages to not be noisy at night. Penzy is absolutely lovely and VERY helpful! I would thoroughly recommend staying here and would stay here again myself in a heartbeat.

• 1st Dec 2011