Reviews: donaldpereira7131

Location: Netherlands, Gender: Male, Age: 32

ABC Premium Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

I was impressed by the facilities. It's a well designed hostel very close to a MRT station. It's clean and the staff is friendly. That being said, I thought the hostel had the atmosphere of a damp rag. This hostel doesn't seem to attract the bagpacker crowd. Instead, most guests are Asian tourists who come for a cheap deal. Also, some guests seem to live in the hostel for longer periods of time which gives the place a different kind of atmosphere compared to a traditional bagpacker hostel.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great atmosphere, great location, great staff, nuff said.

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

Stayed here for only one night, but I left with a good impression. The facilities are good, its very clean, the location is perfect, and the staff friendly. They also sell bus tickets to other Malaysian cities in the hostel, which was GREAT for me, as I did not have to find the bus terminal on my own. I was even picked up at the hostel by a shuttlebus for no extra cost. I recommend this one.

U-Baan Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

This is the second time I stayed here. It is just the best place to be in Bangkok. It's far from the tourist crowds, but close to the real Bangkok, and the real Thai people. Joy is the best host I have ever experienced, and I'm going to invite her to my wedding! Just stay at this hostel already! There is no other choice!

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

Jakarta is a fascinating place but highly inaccessible at the same time with all its pollution and traffic jams. Therefore I found it even more surprising to find such a quality hostel like Six Degrees here. I don't believe I've ever seen a hostel with so many facilities before, and I've been around. On top of that its a very clean place. What really makes this hostel special though is the great staff and the very social atmosphere. I gave this hostel a perfect score, it is simply that good.

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed for only one night, and I was asleep most of the time, so I couldn't get a full feel of the place. But the thing that immediately struck me was the social character of the place. It also has a fantastic location near the Phaya Thai station, with its trainlink to the airport. This was very convenient for me, as I had to catch a very early flight. This place is pretty good.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Stayed here for the second time, and they actually remembered me although it had been a year that I first stayed here! The place is brimming with character, and the facilities are great. I like it that you can smoke in the common room, although not everyone would appreciate that ofcourse. I stayed in a 4 star hotel in the same area, but somehow I felt much more at ease at the Red Palm hostel.

Good value for money,. The wifi was fast, and I felt very safe indeed. Good location as well.

This is a very big new hostel. The location is very good, close to a tube station, and there are many shops and restaurants nearby. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly, and the facilities are more than adequate. It's a bit lacking in character though, and it doesn't have that cosy hostel like atmosphere. Go here if you need a place to sleep. But if you're looking for something more social, look elsewhere.

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed here for the second time. Apparently there has been a change of staff, which gives the place a different vibe. Nonetheless, the character and attention to detail still make this a great place to stay. And I still LOVE the Thai milk tea that they serve!

Thank you for coming back to stay with us in Bangkok and great details of your comment.

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed here for only one night, but the location, value for money, and personal touch made it stand out. The staff are really nice guys. I recommend this one.

MSA Green Garden Hostel

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

I stayed here for only one night, but the personal attention for the guests immediately stood out. The house itself is full of character, and its clean and well kept. The location is a bit out of the way though, and my taxidriver had a difficult time finding it. The area is a residential area where middleclass Indonesians live, so if you go to this hostel you can truly experience what it's like to live among Indonesians. I recommend this one.

Harris Suites fX Sudirman

Jakarta, Indonesia

This is ofcourse not a hostel, but a full fledged hotel. I thought the rooms were impeccably clean, the hotel was extremely safe and secure, and the location was pretty good for Jakartan standards. Jakarta is a somewhat inaccesible city with its nightmarish traffic and its lack of tourist destinations. This hotel though more than makes up for Jakarta's faults. And the view from the 42nd floor isnt bad either...

Hunny Hostel Jakarta

Very good.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This is certainly not the cleanest or fanciest hostel you'll ever see... BUT!!! This hostel represents everything that is good about a traditional guesthouse. It's smallscale, the staff is attentive and great to hang out with, it's safe and secure, and it has an ubertastic location right in the heart of KL. It's not a party hostel though, and the staff will remind you of that. It's still very social however, and the common area is cosy and full of character. I highly recommend this one.

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

I loved it. The wonderful staff made all the difference. they were extremely helpful and great to hang out with. The building itself was old as I was told, but it has been renovated so nicely it feels like a luxury environment. It is far from Khoa San road, but thats what I like about this place! I don't get the obsession with Khoa San road anyway, Khoa San stinks! The only gripe I have is the distance to the MRT and the BTS. It is a LONG walk in the heat to get to either of them.

Ringos Foyer Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

I have mixed feelings about this place. The owner works really hard to make you feel comfortable. During my stay he took all the guests to this strange Malaysian Chinese temple party. We all ended up pretty drunk and wasted. On the other hand, the accommodation is extremely basic. Its dirty and the dorm rooms only have fans which makes them very hot to sleep in. This ruined my stay because it was impossible for me to sleep in that kind of heat. Its sad to say, but I will not be coming back.

Hi, Thank for you command. About the Chinese Temple Celebration, you can choice coming or not coming. Before booking the Dorm, we have all the Description about the dorm. If you want the room with AC , Why not Just pay for little bit more ,and get the room with AC.

Dexter House Hostel

New York, USA

This is NOT a hostel. There is NO common room, NO kitchen, NO place to watch TV or even sit and relax. The beds are uncomfortable, and they look as if they could collapse any minute. The place has no character whatsoever and the rooms smell funky. I regret coming to this place, I actually left after one day. Do NOT go to this horrid place, it is not worth your business!

I fully recommend this hostel. Its the best hostel I ever stayed in, and Ive seen quite a few hostels around the world. You will feel at home here because its a pretty small hostel. It will give you excellent opportunity to meet other people and hang out with the staff who really enjoy your company. The neigbourhood is really safe too. Its one of the more calm areas of Harlem where nice old people live. White women walk alone on the street here, its really safe! And they have beatles rockband!