Reviews: sdtravelbug

Location: USA, Age: 27

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed here with friends for about a week. This is without a doubt the friendliest hostel I've ever stayed at. It's an amazing location, with Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque within a 5 minute walk, and the Grand Bazaar within ten minutes. The nearest tram stop is also about a 5 minute walk. Everyone who works here is very nice and really helpful, I asked a lot of questions and there was always someone to answer. Many thanks to Tarik, Samet, Veysel and Veyuz. It was great to meet you all!

• 26th May 2013

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I was so impressed with this hostel, one of the best experiences I've had in Europe. It's a small intimate atmosphere which I loved because you actually get to meet everyone. The staff were super friendly and helpful, and participated in the pub crawls which was awesome. The pub crawls themselves were excellent, though a bit too touristy for me. But as I was only there for a couple nights, I didn't have a chance to explore the nightlife on my own, and felt safe in the group. Plus free entry!

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed here for a week over the winter storm last year, and this place became like home! The people are amazing, and they love to hang out with the people staying there. Their Thursday night pub crawl rocks! The rooms are very clean. They got a little cold, but that's because of the giant windows with amazing views. Also, the character of this place is amazing. It's very unique and well decorated. The location is amazing, right below the castle, and just off of the Royal Mile.

• 28th Nov 2010