Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 25

HI-Baltimore Hostel

Baltimore, USA

Great staff and awesome breakfast, thanks!!

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

Absolutely wonderful place to stay! Extremely clean in a great location with friendly and knowledgeable staff. Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at and better than some hotels. I definitely would stay here again.

• 6th Aug 2013

WOW Hannah we loved your review and look forward to your coming back! So happy you had a good time it makes our day to feel appreciated. Kind regards The Backpack Team

The Hostel

Jackson Hole, USA

Great place to stay and great price. Comfy beds, hot water, but *really* dark rooms. Staff was kind but not the most helpful. Location is great and would definitely stay again.

• 30th Sep 2012

Great location and friendly staff with good recommendations (particularly Uday).

Pickwick Hall

The good news is that staff was helpful and accommodating with our early check-out time and the location is fantastic. We had a sink, mini-fridge and microwave in our room which was a pleasant surprise. The bad news is the hostel building is not very clean with mildew/mold in the shower, vines growing in the bathroom, mold/mildew on the bedroom walls. The beds, towels and kitchen were clean though, so it was ok to spend a couple a nights but wouldn't stay for an extended period.

This is the first time I've booked with an American hostel and was shocked to see an additional $90 on the bill when I paid (a fee more than 1/3 of my bill)! Never had that happen before. The security within the building was good but outside there were a lot of unsavory characters that made me stay indoors and not by myself. The hotel was really clean, including the kitchen area which was nice. The staff was hit or miss, with some being incredibly helpful and others not caring or being rude.

Wow, and extra $90? After looking at your reservation, the room rate does post the per person pricing, and there were 2 of you, so perhaps that is why there might have been a misunderstanding of the price. The hostelworld totals were accurate though.. Sorry if there was some confusion. We hope you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay while you were here. Take care and happy trails!

Mowbray Court Hotel old

Excellent place to stay with lovely staff. Good breakfast food and near tube stop to Heathrow airport and city center.

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

The staff was very helpful and kind and the hostel was incredibly clean. We had a lovely time and would definitely go back!

Location Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Location is excellent but there is no common room and staff barely did their jobs. Unorganized and untidy, the room was clean but the toilets and showers were not. Plus there was no toilet paper during one night of our stay.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The location is great, the staff is kind and helpful, breakfast is free and the environment is nice. However the showers are in another building that you must walk through the bar and an outdoor patio to reach and there are few toilets. Overall great.

Globetrotters/The Townhouse

Dublin, Ireland

This was my second visit and it was even better than the first. The full Irish breakfast is amazing!

Hotel Elysee Park

Paris, France

One block from the Champs-Élysée and near a convenient metro stop, the staff was incredibly helpful. A little pricy though.

Modern Hotel

Paris, France

Very close to key metro lines with a lot of good bakeries and cafés in the area.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Staff was friendly and helpful with an excellent location and great price. Would definitely return!

Hostal Welcome

Madrid, Spain

Really far from center of Madrid, very clean and affordable though. It seemed like mostly men stayed there.