Reviews: betts5459

Pickwick Hall

• 19th May 2014

YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe

Lake District, England

Absolutely beautiful location in the village of Grasmere. Some lovely walks directly from the village. Accommodation is in 2 buildings. We were in the How building where there was an excellent kitchen and eating area. The main building has a very good cafe operating if you don't feel like cooking. The staff were very helpful and friendly. My only disappointment was the lack of free wifi - £1 for 20 minutes is very expensive compared to experiences elsewhere. However otherwise a lovely spot!

• 15th May 2014

International Hostel Rooms 1

Inverness, Scotland

We found Ali's system of getting into the flat on first arrival was simple and convenient. It is helpful to look at the info and photo on internet so you know what to expect as there is no signage- it is just a regular door into a flat in a street of many others. There was no one in the second bedroom so we had the place to ourselves. Ali was very friendly, helpful and easily contacted. It has everything you need - small kitchen and bathroom - and was very good value for money.

• 11th May 2014

Northumberland Hotel

Edinburgh, Scotland

This place would have been acceptable if the price had been substantially lower. The room was tiny, the walls were very thin and the bed was hard and uncomfortable. We didn't have problems with hot water or heating as some people have mentioned however I would agree that it was not the cleanest room we've had. Overall I would have been okay with it if it had been priced accordingly but this was definitely not the case.

• 9th May 2014

Pickwick Hall

My husband and I stayed here on our first trip to London. We chose it because it was modestly priced for London so I was a little concerned about what it might be like. However we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was a lovely quiet haven to come back to at the end of busy days of sightseeing. The location is great (tube station close by) and it felt very safe even walking home at night. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and it was convenient having breakfast included each day.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Pioneer Hostel Prince Rupert

Prince Rupert, Canada

Our double room was really lovely as was the whole of the hostel. There were lots of little touches which made this place memorable- from the beautiful flowers to the decor of our room. After spending 8 weeks travelling round Canada and Alaska this hostel was one of the most comfortable and attractive that we encountered. I definitely recommend it.

• 26th Jul 2012