Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Aqua Hotel & Hostel

Konstanz, Germany

Overpriced on weekends and out of the way but with great beds and bathrooms, etc, it's a place to sleep on this overpriced and overrated lake, if you don't mind spending the extra cash. Breakfast is a 10 euro rip-off - better to go to one of several grocery stores between you and the town centre. I had a good stay but I'd look elsewhere next time.

• 19th Jun 2014

Ciarus

Strasbourg, France

We took the two bed room. It made a university dorm look like a palace. The beds were some of the worst I've slept on in a hostel. The shower button had to be held down constantly. The room was too cold. The breakfast was very limited. The girl at the desk didn't seem to know too much (and somehow she didn't even know Canada wasn't in Europe). The "common area" is not very good for meeting people. Great location but not a good "hostel". More like a bad student dorm. Would stay elsewhere.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Dear Mr., We see the evolution of our customer comfort through their comments; and we thank you for your comment. Nevertheless we are sorry that during your stay your comfort was for you not the one you wished to find coming by us. I don't think we are the worst hostel in Europe (by the way we all know in France that Canada is not in Europe !!!), i was in Edimbourg last weekend, and was two nights in really bad hostels ... Yours sincerely, Dominique Floux Front office manager

Steffi´s Hostel Heidelberg

Heidelberg, Germany

Can't complain at all. Lockers for your stuff. Beds were comfortable. Showers were working good and clean. Just a couple minutes from the train station and maybe a 20 minute walk from the main pedestrian street. Breakfast cost a few euros extra but it was unlimited and good (German style breakfast), so it was worth it. I'd stay here next time I go to Heidelberg.

• 18th Apr 2014

Miss Sophie's

Prague, Czech Republic

I stayed in the 15 bucks 5 person room and it was absolutely great. With the kitchen just outside the door and your own bathroom, there is little to complain about at this price. The main problem was they have huge problems with their Internet connection. The wifi signal is amazing but the Internet connection itself fails at random, sometimes seldomly and sometimes quite often. Also, there was an odd smell in the bathroom from the drain. Anyway, I will stay here again next time I go to Prague.

• 25th Oct 2013

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Great location and super friendly staff with those criminally low Eastern European prices but there was just one bathroom for our floor, split into one room for the toilet and one room for the sink + shower. So if someone is showering, you've got to go to another floor to wash your hands. The bathroom is also not so nice. Still, if you can suffer through the bathroom stuff, everything else is good. Although I didn't have a chance to do it, they even have cooking classes in the evenings.

• 24th Oct 2013

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber

Zurich, Switzerland

Great location and friendly staff. The laundry is way too expensive, so avoid doing it here. Renting your sheets is absurd and is obviously a gimmick to make the price appear lower. But Switzerland is expensive, so you have to bite the bullet. Good lockers. Bathroom is about as clean as you can expect for a hostel.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

Staff is very helpful and the location is awesome if you're making day trips from the train station or even if you're exploring Rome, as long as you don't care about a relatively short walk. The breakfast is decent. My only real complaint was that nobody hung out in the common area at all or, if they did, they weren't interested in talking. The hostel was very much treated like a hotel by pretty much everyone there, so the only way to meet people was in your own room.

• 20th Oct 2013

Eurostudent home

Florence, Italy

This place is infested by bed bugs, which seems to be known by other travelers I've met in other cities. The staff is also very rushed and rude. There was ONE toilet/shower for the floor. The lockers take only absurdly thin locks and so are not useable. Did I mention BED BUGS EVERYWHERE, even on the terrible common room couch? If this place burned down (which I hope it does), it would improve. Don't stay here unless you have brain damage.

• 19th Oct 2013

Hostel Meyerbeer Beach

Nice, France

There were no lockers in my room and the door was pretty busted but busted in a way that it was very hard to get into the room, so maybe that made it more secure...? The staff were helpful and the location was good enough. The common area is a bit cramped but there's a decent bit of seating and there's a kitchen right there. Overall, it was a good stay.

• 18th Oct 2013

Pop' Hostel

Avignon, France

No complaints. Great location, beds, and common area. Everyone has their own light, curtain, and outlet. I wondered if the breakfast would be good but it was great.

• 17th Oct 2013

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Nice beds, great location. Wifi works great in the common area. My only complaint would be the hot water was already gone by 9am, which really sucked.

• 15th Oct 2013

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

The hostel had pretty much everything I needed, except that the wifi was terrible and unusable in most locations. There are a lot of computers to use but they don't work. Lots of toilets and showers, though. You should definitely take the "party hostel" thing seriously, though. This is a hostel for the people who are drinking across Europe. The nighttime quiet rule is not respected. If that's your thing, great. If not, you might have a small problem sleeping but it's okay.

• 11th Oct 2013

Hostel Hemingway

Pamplona, Spain

The bathrooms are like in your own home. They're great. The beds too. Breakfast is the standard fare. Staff is friendly. You also pay so little money that you feel like you're committing a crime. Stay here.

• 10th Oct 2013

Hostel Martindozenea

Irun, Spain

It was good overall for the facilities, breakfast, etc. but it was a ghost town, apart from a couple teenagers and a mentally disturbed woman. There were cheaper budget hostels available and and since no one goes to this hostel, probably a better bet to go there. Still, it was a good place. Free laundry was great.

Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

Pretty good hostel overall. The kitchen works as a common area and the breakfast is good quality bread. My only big complaint is the Internet connection often didn't function while I was there. Also, the lockers are so small than you can only store your valuables, not your whole backpack.

Thank you for your comment! Our lockers are for valuables only since you can store your backpack in your dormitory. And they are big enough to fit a small backpack or even a big bag. Hope to see you soon, Oops! Staff

Grand Hotel de Nantes

Nantes, France

Your only choice in Nantes is a budget hotel but you can probably do better than this one. The Internet still doesn't work after a month since the last user's review, which makes me think it is intentional. Otherwise, you get what you'd expect from a budget hotel. I'd look elsewhere.

Citotel Le Bretagne

Rennes, France

It's a budget hotel and since there are no hostels about, you don't have any option but to pay through the nose. Still, friendly staff and you get what you expect. Oh, the wi-fi forces you to sign up for an account and watch commercials before use.

2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Great overall but because of the construction, the hallway and the shower room were freezing. Also, the common area closing during the day is a bit annoying. Overall, I would recommend this hostel, though!

• 28th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Two person room was good enough. Only one bathroom for the floor could be a problem but it wasn't (bring your own hand soap). The breakfast was average but the inner courtyard to eat in was great. Lots of space to sit down and meet people. The location is also awesome - close to nice areas and just a couple minutes from several subway stops. Security is no problem with a police precinct down the street. I'll stay here again next time I go to NYC.

• 19th Aug 2013

Hello Marseille Hostel

Marseille, France

Great location and friendly staff. Good breakfast. There are two main problems. The first is that no rooms are lockable and you don't get a key to the front door; they buzz anybody in who wants in. The second is that there is only one toilet for the entire hostel. When I read the reviews, I thought people meant one bathroom but it's literally one toilet. And that toilet doesn't even flush properly. There are also only two showers but that's not as big of a deal. Still, good hostel overall.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Hotel Majestic

Montpellier, France

The hostel was overall good but be careful if you select the 3 bed room. We were put in a two bed room, with one big bed. On the second night, we got a second bed but only after asking on the first night. Don't count on much noise insulation from the outside. Also watch out for the child thieves at the tram stop! The hostel people won't warn you about them. The pillows suck like in every hostel but the mattresses were good.

• 19th Jun 2013

Oporto City Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Everything was great, except that the staff comes very late on weekends and isn't there so early on normal days. The beds were new and awesome but the pillows were awful. Bring your own pillow and you'll get the best value for your money of any hostel you'll stay at. Also, the bathroom was built for hobbits.

• 5th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi!!! Thank you for your comment which was really helpful for us. We have now extended reception hours and we're always here from 9:00 to 23:30. Also we've changed all the pillows in all the room so if you visit us again, you don't need to bring your own :)! Anyway, hope to see you again in Porto someday. Regards, Márcio, Ricardo, Tiago and Joana

Ca' de le Fiabe

Venice, Italy

The blankets and pillows didn't have covers and some smelled like smoke. The place was generally very unclean. The shower head was broken and the bathroom was dirty. The apartment was very cold for the first few days, as the heat had been off. Don't expect much but if it was clean, it would be a good place. Don't expect it to be clean.

• 27th Mar 2013

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

• 25th Jan 2013

Pal's Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

We stayed in one of the apartments, which was right beside the basilica. This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in in my life, hands down, and probably the best value for money I will ever get in my life. If you are going to Budapest, stay here. The apartment was huge. The staff was amazing and helpful. I can't think of a single negative thought. The location was great. The recommendations of things to see were great. Stay here, seriously.

• 1st Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

The window in our room was broken and wouldn't shut. The hot water was random but usually there in the showers. The showers smell one day like a sewer. The security cards required up to 20 tries to open the door. Other than that, it was okay.

• 25th Oct 2012
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi Thanks for your feedback. We are aware that there was a problem with the window in the room you stayed in. This has now been fixed and I can only apologise if this caused you any inconvenience. regards Russell Newby General Manager

Itaca Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

• 22nd Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

Great - only bad parts are no breakfast (which sucks in expensive Switzerland) and the beds are very narrow and thus super uncomfortable. It is like sleeping in a coffin. That said, I'd stay here again because of how great everything else was.

• 6th Apr 2012

A Casa di Amici

Palermo, Italy

• 4th Feb 2012

La Corte de Milan

Milan, Italy

We paid for a four person room and received a three person room with a cot. For 30 euro, we expected better. It also felt unsecure to have to give back our key every time we left the hostel. Other than that, the hostel was very clean and comfortable.

The door to my room was broken and didn't shut from the outside. The window was also broken such that it never closed.

Kinlay House Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

The bathrooms were pretty trashy but that's to be expected, I guess. Other than that, I can't really complain.