Reviews: rosskidson3701

HI Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

By far one of the best hostels I ever stayed at. Breakfast was good. Communal areas were large, plentiful and very well laid out, which created a great atmosphere to meet people and hang out. Modern building and good facilities, comfortable bed, clean showers. Everything was perfect!

• 6th Jan 2014

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

No communal areas! No where to chill out and meet people. No kitchen. Zero Atmosphere. Also the heater in my room was very loud and not so functional. It had two modes; off and sauna. And it was loud enough to wake everyone up. Other than that it was ok. Location was really good.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your review. As space is limited in Manhattan and no large communal area, guests hang out in our lobby and meet other guests there or on a varity of our activities. We do have refrigorator & microwaves in most rooms. We appoligize about your heating. There we no notes or complaint on your reservation. We try our best to fix issues when we are aware of them.

HI Washington DC Hostel

Washington DC, USA

The breakfast guy was great! Every hostel should have a guy like this. Breakfast was good, and always a very social experience. Met lots of cool people there

• 1st Jan 2014

HotelHotel Hostel

Seattle, USA

Not enough showers for in the morning, I always had to wait. Otherwise a really good hostel. Location was in a cool part of town. Somewhere I probably wouldn't have discovered had I stayed in downtown instead.

• 25th May 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. I stayed at this hostel before and booking it again was a no brainer.

• 20th Apr 2013

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

100% from me without a second thought. This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Great facilities, great breakfast, great rooms (max 4 ppl), and great atmosphere. Lots of free activities - bar crawls, free tours, club nights, movie nights. Also I want to comment on the security. They don't let people access the luggage room themselves, they control the bags that go in/out unlike most other hostels. This was great for me as I had my guitar with me at the time.

• 12th Apr 2013

Interhostel

Stockholm, Sweden

WIFI was unrealiable, didn't work in the rooms. The entire kitchen is crammed into one corner. This makes it really busy when everyone is trying to cook or make tea/coffee. The locker assigned to me was too small to fit my large backpack. Room doors did not lock by default, which meant they were invariably left unlocked

• 19th Mar 2013

Townside Hostel Bremen

Bremen, Germany

Fantastic Hostel. Not enough toilets

• 1st Feb 2013

Inveraray Youth Hostel

Inveraray, Scotland

Quiet hostel, relaxed atmosphere. No wifi. Otherwise everything was good.

• 29th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

The curtains were not big enough in my room and I couldn't sleep so well in the morning. Otherwise I had a good stay there. The hostel bar was fantastic, I met a lot of really cool people. Breakfast was also very good, although maybe a little expensive.

• 3rd Sep 2011

Hostel Stadion

Helsinki, Finland

This was the second time I stayed at this Hostel. It is a good hostel in that it caters for everything; decent kitchen facilities, lockers, clean rooms, communal area etc. The staff are very helpful and generally quite friendly. It is simply devoid from any kind of atmosphere/fun. Both times we were there, there were either families or school groups. Not the best hostel to meet people/hang out/party. If you just need a quite place to sleep then its perfect.

• 21st Jul 2011

Hostel Stadion

Helsinki, Finland

Nice, clean hostel. Plenty of big communal areas was a big plus. Breakfast is expensive but they also have good kitchen facilities and supermarkets nearby. You have to rent to larger lockers but there are also smaller free ones in the rooms. Location is not bad - a short tram ride into city center but its a little too far to walk. Staff were helpful and generally friendly. Not much party atmosphere nor did we meet many people but I think we were there during a quiet time.

• 22nd Jun 2011

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

Good Hostel. The outside communal area and bar downstairs were both outstanding. Easy to meet people. Only disadvantage was that it was a bit of a walk into town, about 15min.

Thank you for your review! Maybe you did not know, but there is a very easy tram connection to the historical center for those who don´t prefer walking...

This place advertises itself as a Party hostel but we were all woken up at 7am and kicked out at 8am due to some kind of "maintenance". When I came back in the evening they had moved my stuff to a different room. In addition, there were people there with a reservation to check in who got sent to another hostel half an hour away. The hostel itself is rather small, and the common area is not that good. This place is by no means good for partying or meeting people.

• 18th Feb 2011

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Nice rooms, clean toilet/showers. Friendly and helpful staff. Only complaint is that there were no lockers in the rooms.

Red Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

The staff were very helpful and friendly. Good common area and nice large ktichen. Only complaint is that the facilities list has breakfast but it cost 2€ and is pretty average.

Hi there, thanks for your great reviews. You are right, our breakfast costs 2 Euro but you can eat as much and as many times as you like! I think is not a bad deal ;-) Happy travels! Natalia Red Nest Hostel

Advantage Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This hostel was great! My only complaint is that the lockers in my room were made out of wood with flimsy padlock bolts screwed on. These could have been easily MacGyvered open with a screwdriver or something similar. Staff were really helpful and friendly, internet is free and fast, and works everywhere, and the common area was quite good (although not so big). Location is great, you can walk to the city center or take the subway which is nearby. I would stay here again

Hello, thank you for your rating the hostel. We are happy to hear you liked the hostel and enjoyed your stay here. Regarding the lockers, this is one of things we plan to improve during winter time so I hope that next time you will stay here you will find lockers which you can use easy. thank you for your comments and if you will have any question next time you will come to Prague feel free to contact us. See you soon. Marketa - hostel manager

A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof

Hamburg, Germany

I was here just after Wacken metal festival and thus the Hostel was filled with metalheads, so I had a great time. The bar downstairs was really cool and I met some cool people there. The rooms were good and the showers were clean. Good value

• 4th Aug 2010

Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Had to pay 2€ a day for lockers, and they were in the lobby, a minor inconvenience. The included breakfast was very good. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall it was very clean and modern, a nice place to stay for sure.

A&O Leipzig Hauptbahnhof

Leipzig, Germany

Really modern, clean hostel. Very good rooms. Only complaint is that there was no good communal area to hang out or meet people.

• 19th Dec 2009

Pegasus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Its what you expect for the price, but certainly nice enough to stay in. Kitchen was not so good for cooking and showers were average. No lift in the building was not so good either. Nice lounge though and free wifi. I would stay here again.