Reviews: katyferreira14530

Avoid this place ! I've stayed in many hostels, but this place was by far the worst. More than a hostel, it's a building with beds in overcrowded small apartments, sometimes rented for long stays. So yes it is cheap, but everything is dirty, the common areas are shady, the "office" (a windowless messy room) is open only a few hours a day, they have no computer to keep track of reservations and not enough keys for all guests. Chose to spend my 2nd night at the airport rather than there.

• 20th Jul 2013

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

Beautiful building in an interesting Brooklyn neighborhood. The common areas are very nice, especially the patio. But I still find the place very expensive. Over $70 for a night in a 12-bed dorm is too much (and it was much cheaper a few months ago only...). That price doesn't even include a towel... The place is also very noisy (squeaky beds and slamming doors). If you're ok with the noise and the price, this hostel is a good place to stay at in Brooklyn.

• 10th Sep 2010

New York, USA

This is a very nice hostel but unfortunately it has been SHUT DOWN by the City of NY. Nobody contacted the guests beforehands so I had the very bad surprise to show up Friday 26 March at 5pm and to find the buiding shut down!!!!! Was really upset about that! But I hope the hostel will reopen soon

New York, USA

Probably the best hostel to stay at in NYC if you're on a tight budget. Really well located and very clean compared to all the other places I've stayed at. This was my second stay there and will definitely go back.

New York, USA

Definitely the best hostel I\'ve stayed at in NYC. Perfect location, nice staff and my room and bathroom were really CLEAN. I will definitely go back soon and would recommend it! And there\'s a free breakfast! Only (minor) negative points: no elevator so it might be difficult to get to the 6th floor through the steep narrow stairs with big suitcases... and there was no lock on my room door (lockers inside but no lock on the door) but the whole place felt pretty safe.

Hello , Thanks for your stay and your comments . Just a correction : it's 4 floors up .. There is no 6th floor . And before the room door there is a big metal door where you must have the key for it . Best wishes !

Broadway Hotel n Hostel

New York, USA

Really enjoyed the hostel and its character. Staff was very nice, patient and helpful. But when the hostel's full, there aren't enough bathrooms and waiting for the elevator can be quite long. Also if something could be done to prevent doors from banging in the hallways, I'm sure that would be greatly appreciated by many light sleepers! It was still a nice hostel and I would recommend it.