Pensione Giamaica

Rome, Italy

Nice hotel within walking distance of the main train station and metro to get around the city easily. We had a nice size room with shared bathroom facilities. All was very clean. My mum and I were happy staying here. The owner is a lovely guy when you have a chat with him!

Rialto Star

Venice, Italy

This was a great find. Very quiet place in the heart of Venice. We were very happy to find this place, as inexpensive as it was and in the heart of venice. About a 20 minute walk from the main train station - that is probably the worst bit if you are lugging large suitcases... but worth it. Pretty basic place, and not very social if you are looking to meet people, but for the two of us, we were very comfortable. Secure, clean and quiet.

Guest House Taso

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

A fantastic stay here. Would definitely stay again. Great atmosphere, very friendly and helpful owners. Pick up and drop off at the station, daily tours etc. close to attractions, safe and super clean! Thanks guys x

Dink's Place Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

Dink and crew are great! Very helpful and fun. Great area for meeting people, Clean and safe. Close walk to town. I would stay here again!

Situs Hostel

Split, Croatia

It is difficult to rate this as when I arrived they were full and had me booked at another place called centro anni. I rate the staff here highly, they were very helpful and situs hostel did nothing. I went back and stayed at centro anni again because they were so lovely.

Villa Banana

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Lovely family run hostel. Very friendly and hospitable. Big walk up the hill from old town but nice view and quiet when you get there !

Varna, Bulgaria

Hikers Hostel Plovdiv

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Thanks to Stephan for daily breakfast and tour ideas in and around Plovdiv and thanks to Slavvy for the winery tour!

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

We have already recommended Istanbul Hostel to many other travellers as it really made our stay in Istanbul amazing. The staff as\re very friendly and helpful. Their recommendations were great. Especialy the Turkish Baths and Gallipoli Tour. Thanks so much, we hope to return soon!!

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Nice clean and modern hostel. Great value breakfast. Social free pasta nights and weekly social activities.

HelloBCN Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Good fun hostel! Great for single travellers to meet people in the bar/hangout area. Bathroom facilities were good. Rooms comfy with good security lockers and aircon. Safe area and close walking distance to La Rambla and the beach.

Lisboa Central Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

We were very happy with our stay at Lisboa Central Hostel. The staff are overly friendly and try to remember everyones names! Breakfast fruit pancakes are amazing! We missed milkshake Monday.. But think its a great idea. The rooms are a good size with secure lockers and light and airy. Bathrooms were ok, they could do with more toilets. Location is easy, safe and near metro. 10 min walk to main square.

Merida, Mexico

Great hostel. Clean, friendly, helpful staff, free salsa lessons and a great pool and hang out area. We stayed an extra two nights because we liked it so much.