Reviews: Prunes17

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Casarao Verde Itacare

Itacare, Brazil

This was an average hostel. We stayed a couple nights based on the recommendations on hostel world but ended up moving to a nicer, cleaner hostel. Most importantly, they need more plug sockets. We were in a dorm of 4 and there was ONE plug for all four inc the fan!!!! Not great, but okay for 1-2nights.

• 6th Apr 2014

Hostel Galeria 13

Salvador, Brazil

The best hostel in Brazil! I was meant to stay 2 nights but ended up 8 in total I just couldn't leave! Paulo runs a very tight ship! He looks scary Brit but he is absolutely lovely, has travelled lots and genuinely wants people to have fun time. The 8 bed dorm was spacious, enough room for bags and lockers and a big bathroom. Very clean hostel. Fantastic location! Fantastic atmosphere. Free caipirinhas each night and the breakfast by vanda is AWESOME! Best time, I'll definitely be back!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Paraty Beach Hostel

Paraty, Brazil

This has got to be one of the best hostels in Brazil! Gus, the argentine owner, is fantastic. I was travelling alone and as soon as I checked in, he introduced me to everyone, we had a group BBQ (yum!) and it resulted in everyone mingling straight away. Fantastic vibe. Dorms ok (definitely needs aircon installing which he's doing). Staff super friendly...and most importantly, breakfast was fantastic! Definitely stay here!

• 29th Mar 2014

El Misti Hostel Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Staying at El misti totally depends on the people staying. Unfortunately I was in a 9 bed dorm with a bunch of mean Israelis so it dampened my experience. Dorms are really tightly squeezed, bathroom (bit ming) but there's hammocks and a fun bar area to chat! It's in a fantastic location, so defo stay here.

• 26th Mar 2014

Dear Dave, We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

This is a good hostel to say in. as a single traveller, it made my experience a lot better being able to have fun at the bar meeting new people. Downer is the amount of bed bug bites i got! YUK!