Reviews: hksj1984

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Only stayed one night but really liked this wee hostel. It almost feels like a B&B and having a 4 dorm room with an en-suite definitely rivals a lot of other hostels I've stayed in. Excellent location across from the train station, super close to town and the owner was very friendly and helpful. This would definitely be one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Only downside was there was no-one around to give the key to when I had to check out early, and no guidance about where to leave it.

• 4th Apr 2014

Dublin International (YHA)

Dublin, Ireland

I appreciated having a dorm to myself on the first night, would have been better if it wasn't for several different people having obnoxiously loud conversations in the hallway keeping me awake!! Also, just a suggestion, it would be nice to have some gluten free options for the breakfast. Not expecting GF bread or cereals but just some fruit or yoghurt would be helpful. :)

• 2nd Apr 2014

BackPacker's Republic

St Petersburg, Russia

This is a really new hostel but it's really well set up! Veronika and the team do an amazing job, including making breakfast for everyone! It's a small, homely hostel, they only thing that could be improved is more toilets/showers. :)

• 17th Aug 2013

Comrade Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Amazing hostel-staff were very helpful and super close to the Kremlin. When I arrived off the Trans-Siberian they let me check in early, have a shower etc which was greatly appreciated! Had a great stay here and would recommend it to anyone. Only thing that could be improved would be lockers in the dorms! Thanks for a great stay! :)

• 13th Aug 2013

Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya

Kumamoto Shi, Japan

Really nice hostel, great character and super clean and modern. Loved the effect of all the traditional Japanese items!

• 14th Jul 2013

Casa Noda

Nagasaki, Japan

Clean hostel in a great location. Staff were really friendly and helpful and the shower/toilet in the room was very convenient!

• 13th Jul 2013

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

Only spent one night while passing through but had a really good stay. Onsen was an added bonus!

• 2nd May 2013

Guesthouse Namaste

Kanazawa, Japan

Was a bit hard to find at first but once I located it it was easy to get to. Could maybe do with one more shower but apart from that a really nice place to stay, owner was very friendly and helpful, thank you! :)

• 1st Apr 2013

Sakura Guest House

Hida Takayama, Japan

There was a mistake made with the booking of my room which wasn't inconvenient but they went out of their way to make sure this was sorted for me. Nice place to stay, only problem was it's a bit of a walk from the railway station...

• 30th Mar 2013

Lovely Jubbly Place Hostel

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice modern rooms, good size and so were the bathrooms. Front entrance area/restaurant was a bit disorganised and confusing but that's really the only down side. Staff were helpful and arranged transport for us.

• 3rd Jan 2013

Sam So Guesthouse

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Staff were really friendly and helpful and booked us tours, boats etc. Only thing was when I did laundry all the clothes had tag labels stuck into the material to stop things getting mixed up and some of my things got holes in. Would be much more helpful if the washing/information labels sewn into the clothes had been used to put the tag labels in, so the clothes didn't get holes in. :)

• 31st Dec 2012

Sen Guesthouse

Matsuyama Dogo Spa, Japan

• 2nd Dec 2012
  • Japan

Koyasan Guest House Kokuu

Koyasan, Japan

Super friendly and helpful staff, enjoyedy stay and would definitely recommend it. The building is really cute too.

• 23rd Nov 2012
  • New Zealand

Overall the hostel was nice, reception area was well set out. However I found most of the staff to be unhelpful and rather rude. For example the first night (Saturday 21 August) I asked if they had maps and the girl looked at me as if I was crazy/offensive for requesting it. They 'didn't' have maps. However on the last night, the one staff member who was helpful (a guy, worked Sunday morning and Tuesday night) gave me a mini map of the area. That would've been helpful when I first asked for it

• 18th Aug 2012

Oak Hostel

Tokyo, Japan

Had a great stay, would definitely stay again. The guy at the front desk gave us a good recommendation for an Indian restaurant! :)

• 31st Mar 2012

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel! I wanted to book it for another night but it was full up. Would definitely stay there again!

• 22nd Mar 2012
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your stay and comment!! We are so sorry about we didnt have a room for extra night... It will be full when its busy season like now. But we are happy to hear that you want to come back! We are looking forward to seeing you again!!

Hotel Eco Dogo

Matsuyama Dogo Spa, Japan

Third time I have stayed at the hostel. It's basic and in a convenient location. Only problem was when we arrived the guy seemed to not know much about hostel world reservations and was a bit flustered...

• 1st Dec 2011

Bonsai Guest House

Osaka, Japan

Had a great stay! Staff were super friendly and helpful. Good social space too. Not particularly close to Namba, 4 stops on the subway, but Tsuruhashi subway is an easy 10 min walk from the hostel, so taking the JR to there is not necessary. Would definitely go back!

• 23rd Sep 2011
  • New Zealand

Thank you very much for staying with us and a comment. It should be great if you come back to this hostel when you visit Osaka next time.Thank you very much again!

Old Penang GuestHouse

Penang, Malaysia

Really enjoyed my stay, facilities excellent, staff helpful and bathrooms modern and super clean! Beautiful building too. One of the best hostels I've stayed in :)

Sayang - Sayang Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

agree with other comments about the size of the toilet/bathrooms. Also would be nice if they let you put your own lock on the locker rather than paying to use one. but overall really enjoyed it, nice and clean and convenient area :)

Footprints Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

hostel fine overall. Just the people who stayed there ruined it for me. Ie getting up at 6am and talking in dorms or talking in dorms on cellphone at midnight when there's people trying to sleep. Basic courtesy when you're sharing a room with ppl (from different time zones) would be nice!

it wasn't so much a backpackers hostel as it was a long term hostel...was okay but wouldn't recommend it as somewhere backpackers would want to stay. Poor kitchen facilities and the beds were uncomfy.

Hostel Rynek 7

Krakow, Poland

very cute character hostel right in the centre of the old town :)

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

didnt get very good sleep there. partly from other guests coming in at stupid times, partly from the room being right next to the kitchen and breakfast was prepared very early.

You was in the cheapest 10 bed dorm for 8,50 euro and the breakfast time is from 8:00 until 10:00 ....

Barocco Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

the first night I was in Budapest their heating system was not working so they arranged before I left to put me up in another backpackers for that night. Both were good, small and cosey and because it was winter I got a room to myself 2 nights!

Vintage Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

no lockers provided for luggage. Ensuite bathrooms were good, but was there for 2 nights and they weren't cleaned in this time. Also floor boards very thin so if you plan to stay here take earplugs! Overall enjoyed this hostel and would recommend it :)

staff friendly and other travellers friendly. Only problem was people smoking inside the hostel which stunk it out as no ventilation. They had maps and info etc there but these were not easy to find at first.