Reviews: cathomas366170

Nomads Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Stayed for two nights in a private room. Received an upgrade on check in to a room with a window, which was appreciated, but meant that the bar was directly below my room and noisy being a Friday and Saturday night. Chose this hostel based on location, and that didn't disappoint, super easy to get around the central Auckland area where we were based and pop back if you need anything. For over $90 a night, a hand towel and bath mat would have been nice, and the room was pretty sparse.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi there, thanks very much for your review.We are glad you received your free upgrade and unfortunately the noise from the bar is out of our control but we supply free ear plugs from reception to help with the noise level. We hope to see you again some time soon. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Absoloot Value Accommodation

Queenstown, New Zealand

• 19th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Very nice hostel, close to the subway even if it is a bit of a ways out of the attractions. Clean and friendly, and great facilities, just a little confusing how breakfast works. Lots of tours and events on offer, did the Brooklyn tour but it was a bit of a waste of time and money as we didn't really see anything.

• 11th Aug 2013

Parthenon Hostel

Chicago, USA

Good as a cheap option, my single room was the cheapest I could find and decent value for money. Not far to walk into the city,my taxi back from the loop at night was only $6. Breakfast was good apart from the owner watching you the whole time. Otherwise staff were friendly and atmosphere was good. Good luck getting heavy suitcases up the stairs to the third floor!! It can be loud with doors slamming, and I could hear a heated conversation 4 doors down perfectly, so bring ear plugs!

• 5th Jun 2013