Reviews: wannabeaussie6226

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

The location was the best place to be in Athens, near the acropolis, close to the metro walking distance to plaka and Monasteraki. The hostel was clean, spacious dorms, friendly staff especially in the sports bar. Enjoyed it so much that my friend and I went back to stay after our trip round the Greek islands. Highly recommend this place

PLUS Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Plus Berlin is a great hostel, easy to find from the S-Bahn station, friendly staff, clean, the breakfast was well prepared and worth the 6euro. Wanted to re-book for another 2 nights but it was full ..definitely a great hostel in Berlin and a good base to see a great city. #Ichliebeberlin

PLUS Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Great hostel, not far from the metro station 10 min walk. Was a great stay would definitely recommend staying here. Monika on reception was very helpful when I left my room key in my room. #plusprague is one of the best hostels to stay in. :)

Smart Russell Square

I stayed here last year and had no problems. This time, the guy on reception couldnt find my booking and thought I used a different name, then I get into the 15 bed dorm and was woken up at 3am by a guy thinking my bed wasn't in use and when I asked the next morning about staying an extra night was told the price doubled for the same room.

Thank you for your review. We provide bed tag at reception that you should display into the plastic wallet attached to you bed to save confusion like the one you had and be less disturbance to our guests. The price offered for the next day was the normal price for this day, however your booked night was sold to you at an online promotion rate, hence you felt the price was too high for you. Kind regards

A great place to stay in Menaggio, close to the ferry and the town, stunning views of the lake. The food and drinks were reasonably priced, staff were friendly and approachable and enjoyed my stay there. Definitely recommend this one!!!;)

Zebra Hostel

Milan, Italy

Good points: great location, friendly staff, free wifi, free breakfast, close to the duomo and easy to reach by metro. Bad points: too noisy at night to sleep, lacks security no locks on doors, bathroom cleanliness was lacking and paying for a 'tourist tax'. If u want a party hostel in Milan, this is it.

Smart Russell Square

while the location was good and the hostel in general was okay for one night, I do feel that the staff didnt meet customer service expectations with their couldn't care less attitude especially when it came to reclaiming my luggage after I checked out. The three tier beds are quite scary looking, my socks were stolen in the room and while I have slept in many hostels all over the world, didnt sleep much due to the LOUDEST snorer above me.

Step Inn Guest House and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Our dorm room lock on the door was broken as we tried to enter the room. Connie the manager was helpful and very sweet about it. Connie also sorted out for me to extend fooor 1 more night as my flight plans changed. Giresh was also helpful. Will definitey stay here again, friendly staff, good location not far from Chinatown, Bukit bintang and petronas towers.

Tauranga Central Backpackers

Tauranga, New Zealand

With 2 signs on the front saying they were VIP, I showed my membership card to the guy when we checked in and was told they dont accept it and I said well you have signs in the front saying they do. So he said my boss just told me this is what you need to pay. My friend asked if they took BBH he said he didnt know that one. The kitchen was so dirty on our first night that we had to eat at a restaurant and there wasnt enough bowls to eat cereal.

Hi, I am sorry you felt that way. The person at the desk was inexperienced and your booking 'remaining balance' was as provided to us via hostelworld, however, had I known I could have offered something for you. We have rectified the kitchen situation, thank you for letting us know so that we could improve our services. Cheers- Gina

Sequoia Lodge Backpackers

Picton, New Zealand

Great hostel a bit out of town though. The free choc pudding with icecream is worth it :p very nice place to stay.

Blackcurrant Backpackers

Taupo, New Zealand

Loved this hostel one of the best in nz. Henry was supa friendly n should have stayed longer but will definitely stay again.

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Nomads Capital Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Hollywood Youth Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

Great Location for all Hollywood locations. In general a good base to stay at. Downside was the outside noise penetrating through the rooms making it 2 noisy to get a good nights sleep:)

The Australian Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

some of the staff were helpful and made you feel welcome. Nothing australian about it though but great place to meet fellow travellers

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

this was the best hostel i have ever stayed in, in the world. The staff, facilities, food, prices were amazing. I will definitely recommend this hostel to everyone.