Reviews: wannabeaussie6226

The Backpack Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
7th Apr 2016

Loved it. Will definitely stay there again, friendly staff, breakfast was fresh every day, good location waking up to see table mountain every day was worth it.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us! We hope that you will be back again soon. Kind regards, The Backpack Team

Island Vibe Port Elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
4th Apr 2016

Sue on reception was amazing. She took care of my needs to go to addo elephant park and booking a taxi for early in the morning. I just wished time would have allowed me to stay longer in PE and longer at island vibe. Would deffo recommend this place. Thanks sue you are amazing😎

Diamond Diggers Backpackers, Johannesburg, South Africa
5.4
30th Mar 2016

Nina was very nice and Aubry who kindly picked me up from the airport and dropped me off at the gautrain station to catch a train to Pretoria to see a friend. However, the dorm room had no lock and one of the guests, a South African man entered the room to kiss me goodbye. Kim's son, a 7 year old also walked in the room to ask if he could play games on my iPad frequently. Other guests warned me against going into the city on my own for safety reasons.

Generator Hostel Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
12th Mar 2016

Staff were friendly, the bar was good with happy hour specials, the food was good. The hostel was in a great location close to everywhere.

Dear E, thank you for your review - your feedback is important to us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. All the best, Team Generator Cph.

Backstay Hostel Ghent, Gent, Belgium
6th Jul 2015

Amazing hostel. Staff friendly, breakfast was included and very good value. Even the food at the bar was good. Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here for a night or 2. Gent is cheaper than Brussels and prettier.

PLUS Camping Roma, Rome, Italy
27th Jun 2015

Overall enjoyed our stay. Supermarket and restaurant was well priced. The bus to the Vatican was a great deal.

Vienna City Hostel, Vienna, Austria
21st Jun 2015

Overall great stay in Vienna. The breakfast was good. Didn't have any issues, just needed hand soap in the bathroom.

A&O München Laim, Munich, Germany
17th Jun 2015

The breakfast was worth €7, great choices. The hostel is a bit far from the city but close enough to the subway train. The only downside was too many school groups making a noise during sleep hours. Overall I would recommend this hostel

Athens Backpackers, Athens, Greece
4th Mar 2014

The location was the best place to be in Athens, near the acropolis, close to the metro walking distance to plaka and Monasteraki. The hostel was clean, spacious dorms, friendly staff especially in the sports bar. Enjoyed it so much that my friend and I went back to stay after our trip round the Greek islands. Highly recommend this place

PLUS Berlin, Berlin, Germany
18th Jun 2013

Plus Berlin is a great hostel, easy to find from the S-Bahn station, friendly staff, clean, the breakfast was well prepared and worth the 6euro. Wanted to re-book for another 2 nights but it was full ..definitely a great hostel in Berlin and a good base to see a great city. #Ichliebeberlin

PLUS Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
12th Jun 2013

Great hostel, not far from the metro station 10 min walk. Was a great stay would definitely recommend staying here. Monika on reception was very helpful when I left my room key in my room. #plusprague is one of the best hostels to stay in. :)

Smart Russell Square Hostel, London, England
6.3
22nd May 2013

I stayed here last year and had no problems. This time, the guy on reception couldnt find my booking and thought I used a different name, then I get into the 15 bed dorm and was woken up at 3am by a guy thinking my bed wasn't in use and when I asked the next morning about staying an extra night was told the price doubled for the same room.

Thank you for your review. We provide bed tag at reception that you should display into the plastic wallet attached to you bed to save confusion like the one you had and be less disturbance to our guests. The price offered for the next day was the normal price for this day, however your booked night was sold to you at an online promotion rate, hence you felt the price was too high for you. Kind regards

Lake Como Hostel La Primula, Lake Como, Italy
19th May 2013

A great place to stay in Menaggio, close to the ferry and the town, stunning views of the lake. The food and drinks were reasonably priced, staff were friendly and approachable and enjoyed my stay there. Definitely recommend this one!!!;)

Zebra Hostel, Milan, Italy
7.1
16th May 2013

Good points: great location, friendly staff, free wifi, free breakfast, close to the duomo and easy to reach by metro. Bad points: too noisy at night to sleep, lacks security no locks on doors, bathroom cleanliness was lacking and paying for a 'tourist tax'. If u want a party hostel in Milan, this is it.

Smart Russell Square Hostel, London, England
5.4
17th Jul 2012

while the location was good and the hostel in general was okay for one night, I do feel that the staff didnt meet customer service expectations with their couldn't care less attitude especially when it came to reclaiming my luggage after I checked out. The three tier beds are quite scary looking, my socks were stolen in the room and while I have slept in many hostels all over the world, didnt sleep much due to the LOUDEST snorer above me.

Step Inn Guest House and Hostel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7.7
3rd Nov 2011

Our dorm room lock on the door was broken as we tried to enter the room. Connie the manager was helpful and very sweet about it. Connie also sorted out for me to extend fooor 1 more night as my flight plans changed. Giresh was also helpful. Will definitey stay here again, friendly staff, good location not far from Chinatown, Bukit bintang and petronas towers.

Tauranga Central Backpackers, Tauranga, New Zealand
5.3
8th Sep 2011

With 2 signs on the front saying they were VIP, I showed my membership card to the guy when we checked in and was told they dont accept it and I said well you have signs in the front saying they do. So he said my boss just told me this is what you need to pay. My friend asked if they took BBH he said he didnt know that one. The kitchen was so dirty on our first night that we had to eat at a restaurant and there wasnt enough bowls to eat cereal.

Hi, I am sorry you felt that way. The person at the desk was inexperienced and your booking 'remaining balance' was as provided to us via hostelworld, however, had I known I could have offered something for you. We have rectified the kitchen situation, thank you for letting us know so that we could improve our services. Cheers- Gina

Sequoia Lodge Backpackers, Picton, New Zealand
9.0
2nd Mar 2011

Great hostel a bit out of town though. The free choc pudding with icecream is worth it :p very nice place to stay.

23rd Feb 2011

Loved this hostel one of the best in nz. Henry was supa friendly n should have stayed longer but will definitely stay again.

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel, Auckland, New Zealand
6.7
26th Oct 2010

Nomads Capital Backpackers, Wellington, New Zealand
20th Oct 2010

The Australian Hostel, Cairo, Egypt
6.0
6th May 2010

some of the staff were helpful and made you feel welcome. Nothing australian about it though but great place to meet fellow travellers

PLUS Florence, Florence, Italy
14th Nov 2009

this was the best hostel i have ever stayed in, in the world. The staff, facilities, food, prices were amazing. I will definitely recommend this hostel to everyone.