Reviews: jpokarney7334

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Perfect hostel and great price! The person who runs the desk is so lovely and helpful. Would love to return here!

Coziee Lodge

Singapore, Singapore

Small but "cozy" place, with a wonderful and accommodating staff. Would definitely stay here again.

In Da Lodge

Ubud, Indonesia

Had such a good stay I decided to tack on a few more days here. Excellent value for price! Would love to return someday...

Banjos Backpackers

Perth, Australia

Good place...would stay again...lots of people here so the few bathrooms do tend to get messy...rooms are great though...my only real complaint is the terrible Internet connection...this shouldn't happen in a major city in Australia.

Brisbane City Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Decent stay, comfortable rooms, okay staff. Internet is horrible!

The Jack Backpackers

Cairns, Australia

Adventure Queenstown Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

Perfect hostel! Would live here if I could. Of the dozens of hostels I've stayed in around the world Adventure QT is probably my favorite. Do yourself a favor: get away from the rowdy Kiwi Experience crowd and stay here!

Nice place! A little bit out of the way, but not a bad walk to get there. Would stay here again!

JV's Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Excellent value for money, and a great location. Would stay here again.

Godzillas Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Solid no frills place to stay. Would stay again.

Soul Kitchen

St Petersburg, Russia

Far and away the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Only regret is not staying longer...

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

Excellent place to stay, for the most part. Only complaint is the pathways from the rooms to reception/restaurant/out flood during heavy rains. There's maybe six inches to a foot of standing water and it requires wobbly blocks to step on. Annoying, but better than walking in water I suppose. Would be nice if they could put in some sort of drainage system. Otherwise, great stay!

Wonderful place. Hope to stay here again someday!

Beautiful old house, great place to stay. Takeshi & Mika run the place and they are so kind. Would stay here every time in Nara!

Very nice place to stay. A bit far from train station (have to take tram), but nice and close to Peace Park and museum. Rooms and facilities are great, but the building is cold during winter. Not a huge deal, but apparent. Regardless, I'd definitely stay here again!

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment buddy. Enjoy your travels in Japan and all the best for the new year. :0)

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Had stayed at Khason Kabuki a couple years ago and it was booked this time around, so I opted for its sister hostel, Ninja. Not a bad place to stay, but much prefer Kabuki. Stayed in a twin private and there was just enough room for two suitcases between the bunk beds and wall. Had to shuffle things around each time one of us needed to get out of the room. The room was tiny, even by Japanese standards. But hostel was clean and convenient and the staff excellent. I'd consider staying here again.

Lotte - The Backpackers

Heidelberg, Germany

Excellent hostel in an awesome town. Great location for sightseeing, far from hauptbahnhof (have to take bus). Super friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

Great hostel, but as others have indicated, the in-room bathroom is so tiny. Just use the big one down the hall. Lot's of room. Very good breakfast, nice/clean rooms and an excellent location - steps from the Hbf.

Not a bad place to stay, but not as good as I remember it being the last time I was in Berlin 3 years ago. Perhaps a place geared more toward the real young traveler. Dorm room was incredibly noisy at all hours of the night, and I'm quite tolerable to that kind of stuff. Not the hostel's fault, I suppose. 5.50 Euro breakfast was terrible compared to others around Germany. Orange juice - 0.2 L - is an extra 3.50 Euro...Highway robbery if you ask me, especially when it's free at other hostels.

Kangaroo-Stop

Dresden, Germany

Not a bad place. No frills.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof

Nuremberg, Germany

6 bed dorm a bit small. One staff member kinda rude. Other than that, nice place!

Awesome hostel! My only qualm would be lack of air con. Rooms get very warm and stuffy. Other than that, great stay!

Awesome place! Sebastiana, the owner, is an absolute dear. Very close to the beach, though a bit farther from "nice" beach (with sand, not rocks). Lots of good restaurants nearby. Goa is awesome. Would definitely come back and stay here.

Nirvana Hostel

Jaipur, India

Very disorganized. They over booked rooms and had to send me to a different place. I ended up with a single room (had booked a dorm) for the price of a dorm, so I guess it worked out all right. Just a frustrating situation to be in early in the morning following an overnight train. Also, and more importantly, this place is WAY out of the way. The rickshaw driver had no clue, had to ask a half dozen locals who also had no clue, before we finally stumbled upon it. I'd steer clear of this joint...

Mewargarh Palace

Udaipur, India

The family who runs this guest house is so kind. Great rooms and food options. Every facility you could need in India. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Udaipur outside of the Lake Palace...

Mystic Jaisalmer

Jaisalmer, India

Great stay. The staff is very accommodating and their desert tour pretty good. Ashrif and JJ are very kind and helpful.

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel and staff. Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Only recommendation would be to post more specific directions or a map online...

Thank you very much for the comment on our hostel! We put so much energy into keep this newly renovated hostel clean for the coming guests. so it's really nice to hear you thought we are the cleanest hostel you've ever been. Hostelworld only shows one map but we have really a good direction to the hostel with some pictures, and a better map which is made by our staff on our website. Please check the access page next time, you will never lose your way :) Arigato !

Nice place, GREAT location. Would stay here again...

Shanghai Koala Garden House

Shanghai, China

Dorm room was great, staff very friendly, and not a bad location - fairly close to a metro stop and pretty easy to find. Would definitly stay there again.

Thank you for your comment. Welcome to Koala next time.

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

John on tapas tour was outstanding! Wifi Internet connection was horribly slow. Other than that good place!

Wonderful place. Not only a great location in Bern but Switzerland as a whole, Easy trips to Zurich, Geneva, Interlaken, Lichtenstein, etc. Set up shop in Bern. Would stay here every time I'm in Switzerland...

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Great staff, offered beers, tea and food, and were very engaging. Some people who work at other hostels in the area hang out at FT every night, and say it's far and away better. Shower was hit or miss as far as warm water, but only a problem because I had a cold at the time.