Reviews: ClareBear1234

Location Australia, Gender Female, Age 35

• England, Female, 31-40
Dink's Place Hostel, Hvar, Croatia
29th Sep 2014

They really went above and beyond! Really new digs... Great kitchen and bathroom, nice beds. I rented a moped through them too. I recommend!

10th Jul 2014

This hostel was excellent. One of the best I've stayed in, mostly because of the stag and the beautiful location. Mondello is gorgeous and a great place to relax. They have a great breakfast every morning. Enjoy :)

On the way Hostel & Bistrot, Palermo, Italy
7th Jul 2014

Great place to stay in beautiful Palermo. The staff are lovely and there's a pretty cool vibe about the place. Also, breakfasts are great!

Crosspoint Sofia Hostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
7.4
20th May 2014

It's in a good location in Sofia and the staff are helpful.

Youth Hostel Anna, Santorini, Greece
12th May 2014

I had a lot of fun here. Amazing value for money (6 nights was less than 25eu). Close to the beach and an excellent, cheap gyros place next door. They pick you up from the port and provide a free ride into the port every day at 1430 (otherwise 20eu for taxi). You get a locker, showers were basic but had hot water. Only two drawbacks I can think of is that I was cold with only one blanket (but they gave me another) and the door to the dorm doesn't lock- anyone could walk in. I wanna go back!

Hatters at Hilton Chambers, Manchester, England
7th May 2014

I stayed at both the Hatters and liked this one more. It's a bit newer and fresher. But staff in both places were great, free breakfast, excellent location. The lockers here were broken, though. I left my laptop etc in the locked luggage room though, which was no trouble.

Hello :) We're glad you were able to experience both hostels!! You do need quite a large lock for our lockers to work so that may have been the case, but we'll have a look and get onto it of not!!

Hatters on Newton Street, Manchester, England
6th May 2014

Location is excellent and easy to find. Staff are lovely. They probably need to check the toilet paper situation more regularly. Free breakfast. I'd go back again :)

Noted!!! We can get very busy on reception and as the building is so big it's difficult to get to all the floors, but we will definitely keep that in mind. We do also keep toilet paper here at reception for cases like this. We're glad you found us easy to find, there's a Newton Street in the middle of nowhere in Manchester which google maps can sometimes trick you into visiting ;)

20th Apr 2014

It's reasonably close and cheap (by metro) to get to the places you want to see. The staff were really lovely and helpful and seemed happy, which helps. They let me store my luggage all day before check in and all day after check out. Nice common areas. I'd definitely stay here again.

Thanks for your nice comment about THE LOFT. We are glad you liked staying with us. For your next trip to Paris, we invite to contact us on our website. The Loft Team

Altea Hostel, Nice, France
7.4
18th Apr 2014

I was only there for one night, bit everything was fine. Close to train station, easy to walk anywhere in Nice, nice staff. Triple bunk beds, though, which I don't like.

Vertigo Vieux-Port, Marseille, France
15th Apr 2014

There was one really, REALLY nice, helpful and pleasant woman on reception. They were helpful, there were good kitchens and bathroom facilities. I stayed in two different rooms. One 4 bed female, the other was the 8 bed dorm. The 8 bed had no wifi and no lockers, so I had to carry my laptop with me all day. Also, there were problems with wifi both days which had a big affect on my booking and I had to stay in marseille longer than I wanted to- very big negative for me.

Hey! Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you liked Serine! She is in fact really nice! You are totally right, the 8 people bedrooms have no lockers. The room is quite new and we're still waiting for the lockers we ordered, should be in a few days now. Next time come and ask us at reception so we can keep your laptop. Regards, Remy

Funky Fes, Fez, Morocco
7.7
10th Apr 2014

The location is good, the staff were nice, and quite helpful when the place I wanted to go to was booked out. It was nice enough.

Thank you Clare. See you

Hotel Central, Casablanca, Morocco
8th Apr 2014

The staff were lovely, location excellent, breakfast good. Wifi was pretty bad though.

Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
19th Mar 2014

Perfect! Stay here. They even have a dog :)

jep, and it's called Fenris :D Thank you C., hope to see you soon.

• England, Female, 31-40
X Hostel Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
17th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really lovely and fun and made the atmosphere a very positive place to be. BTW, Chris did a great check in :)

Residenza Muropadri, Verona, Italy
15th Nov 2013

A really nice place to stay. It's an apartment that has been made into a mini hostel. It's quite home-like and lovely. The owners were very nice and easy-going. Pretty good location! You can walk to everything. Nice, hot showers :)

Oxford Backpackers Hostel, Oxford, England
6.6
24th May 2013

Average stay, but only overnight to be fair. Luke-warm shower. And no heating in the bathroom. I hate a luke-warm shower! It's England - it's cold!

Home London, London, England
6.9
13th May 2013

Pros: Excellent location. Good vibe. Good common areas (tho a little small). Free WiFi. Ordinary breakfast. Cons: Toilets flush less than half the time. Poor showers. Not enough toilets. FREEZING in basement rooms (deal-breaker). One of the WiFi connections didnt work. Can't sit upright on beds.

Samui Hostel, Koh Samui, Thailand
4.6
14th Apr 2013

This place was a bit of a dump and the staff were lacking. Not very clean. But it is the cheapest place I could find in the area, so tbh I would brave the disappointment and stay again if I went back to the island.

Pak-Up Hostel, Krabi, Thailand
9th Apr 2013

Really lovely, helpful staff. They play movies really often and are 5 mins from the beach. Can hire a moped really cheap through them, and try arrange for it to be dropped off and picked up. Dorm rooms clean and beds eye are nice. I'd lovely, helpful staff. They play movies really often and are 5 mins from the beach. Can hire a moped really cheap through them, and try arrange for it to be dropped off and picked up. Dorm rooms clean and beds eye are nice. I'd definitely recommend and stay again.

Fernloft (City) Hostel Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
6.3
7th Apr 2013

The entrance looks really nice, but the dorm I stayed in was dingy. As per previous comments, there were local employees living there. They slept at odd hours and one was pretty creepy. I've slept in a lot of hostels across Asia and the pacific, and this is the most uncomfortable experience I've had- not physically uncomfortable. It was just creepy. Nothing against local workers, but it kinda messes with the holiday atmosphere. Staff were lovely, location was fine. I wouldn't go back, though.

Hi, Thank you for your valuable feedback. During your stay, there was a foreign hockey team that shared the dorm with you. The characters that you have cited are the team officials. We apologies if they have caused discomfort to you in any ways. However, Fernloft always strives to place the guests of the same age / profile together but this is subjected to availability constraints. We also do not accept locals or workers in our dormitory, so as to maintain a positive travelers' hostel experience for all. Once again, thank you for staying with us. Cheers! Fernloft Little India Team

7.1
3rd Oct 2012

It's further from town than expected - at least a 25 min walk- and an uphill hike to get back. They do pick you up and drop you into town at the winning and end of your stay, though. That's free. It's actually a really peaceful and serene setting, with the main downside being the distance from town. The owners are quite eccentric, and tend to call EVERYONE darling, but are harmless and generally ok. The BBQ dinner was a bit dismal, and at 200 baht it was a bit of a rip. Hire a scooter!

Thailandwow, Chiang Mai, Thailand
26th Sep 2012

I really enjoyed staying here. Kai is super friendly and helpful and generally pleasant and lovely to be around. The dorma were nice to meet people in, and the common area was so welcoming and relaxed. Location is ok- well worth the price, though! Best place I stayed in Chiang Mai :)

Thank you for your email and lovely comment ;)

INBOX Hostel by FWD, Chiang Mai, Thailand
21st Sep 2012

I really loved the owners- genuine and helpful people! You can walk to the main attractions - location is great! The box beds do provide some privacy, but I found it a little isolating as I'm travelling alone and it was more difficult to meet people. Only one common area that was outdoor with limited an uncomfortable seating. Also, the air-con only comes on between 8pm and 8am, so being in the room outside of these times can be uncomfortable. The locker at the end of the bed was handy, tho!

Thanks for your feedback. We will improve better. Answer now we made only one area because guests could make a friends or a group in there. If who joined in, you would get a new group or FWD society that made very special and new experience for you.

Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
8th Sep 2012

The beds are super hard and squeaky, but generally a good place to stay. I was sick during my stay here and staff were really lovely and helpful. Excellent location! A bargain for 200b a night!

Caravella Central, Cairns, Australia
28th Oct 2011

Basic facilities but excellent location and lovely staff. A nice little place. I'll go back if ever in Cairns again!

Cairns Waterfront Backpackers, Cairns, Australia
6.3
18th Jul 2011

The girl who checked me in was a bit rude. Kept on serving other people when I had been waiting quite a while. And she couldn't find my booking. Other than that, the hostel was in a good location and I appreciated that I could leave my bags there all day.

Equator Hostel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6th Apr 2011

I stay here every time I come to KL. It's just feels like a second home. Very comfortable. Nice people. Great location next to a massive shopping centre AND a monorail. It's great here!!! Would recommend to anyone!

Kim Ngan Hotel, Nha Trang, Vietnam
8.7
31st Mar 2011

Lovely place to stay with lovely staff. No complaints from me!!

Villa Pink House, Da Lat, Vietnam
28th Mar 2011

Loved my stay here. The family who owns it are lovely and you should definitely do the tour with Rot - it's interesting and fun & great value for money. Only criticism is that there's no heating in the rooms, and Da Lat is freezing!

Blessing Mansions, Jakarta, Indonesia
7.3
15th Mar 2011

It is very isolating to be stuck there with no instructions on how to get to an internet cafe and no way of contacting anyone. It would help to have some info in the hostel for guests, especially as there were no other guests to talk to. Lovely owners, though!

Hi, Thanks for your review, we will try to make a direction card for a tourist so the tourist will be easier to get to public facilities arround the apartment. I hope you enjoy your holiday in Indonesia :)

G4 Station, Singapore, Singapore
13th Mar 2011

Excellent location!! It was right next to the subway which meant it was easy to get everywhere in Singapore. Two minor complaints... 1. the air-con was FREEZING! 2. The staff lacked personality and... helpfulness. They really didn't have the best customer service skills. But really, I highly recommend it!!

Hi Clare, Thank you for your review and comment. Glad that you like our location here and i will look into the matter regarding our service staff. Thank you for your feedback and please accept our apology as it might be due to our peak season. Hope to see you again and take lots of care! G4 Station Team Waren

Melaluka Apartments, Noosa, Australia