Banjos Backpackers

Perth, Australia

Great hostel, really friendly staff and fantastic facilities. Lots of areas to hang out and meet people. Really clean bathrooms and comfy warm beds.

Brown Sugar Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

The hostel was very far from the city (or a shopping centre) and it was very expensive to travel anywhere, particularly if you're a solo traveller. The staff weren't overly friendly or helpful, didn't give me a map upon check in or show me around the hostel. The dinner at the hostel was really expensive also. I would never stay here again.

Shari. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. I will have meeting with the staff member that signed you in. Showing you around the hostel is the standard. We have local & city maps and you should have asked for one. We are only 5km from the city. There is cheap taxi's at R9 to the city. We have our own drivers & shuttles and charge R10 or R20 for a single passenger to the shops and local restaurants. Our dinners are only R65 (Meat, Starch, vegetables and salad) a standard 23cm pizza is R55?

Great hostel, a little out of town but easy to take a minivan there. Big common areas, big fully-stocked kitchen, clean bathrooms, lovely helpful staff

Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

I stayed at CTBP for 3 weeks and I would never stay anywhere else. It's in a really lovely safe area of Cape Town close to wonderful restaurants/bars/supermarkets and a short walk to Long St. I booked a wine tour through them and it was one of the most fantastic days. Excellent, well-equipped kitchen to cook in and great bathrooms with hot showers. Comfortable beds and plenty of storage space in the room. Lots of different areas to chill out and use the wifi, and a great bar to meet others!

Shoestrings Backpackers

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

Everything was great except for the showers, there was really only one that worked properly... Otherwise awesome hostel!

Livingstone Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

Awesome hostel, really well equipped kitchen for travellers, big open spaces to chill out in the sun, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, hot showers, great tours desk and easy to get to the falls.

Lusaka Backpackers

Lusaka, Zambia

The staff had zero customer service skills, particularly when dealing with major problems. When I arrived their internet was down so they didn't have anyone's reservations- a difficult situation that they didn't deal with well. Then the water supply was cut

Hi, we are sorry you didn't have the experience that we would have wanted with us, we pride ourselves on customer service and have done for years. I don't want to make excuses but the internet was down because the local authority are putting new fibre optic cables in the street for us :), and they accidentally cut through the old cable :( The good news is next time you stay you can try our new superfast internet. The water issue was sadly the same workmen issue :( We will do better next time.

New Teddy's Place

Zanzibar, Tanzania

Some of the staff were pretty incompetent with simple kitchen orders (

Siamaze Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, nothing bad to say. Close to the MRT, great clean facilities

LPQ Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

Fantastic stay at LPQ, they have all the basics you need, great wifi, great breakfast, close to town

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

I had a very average stay at Sihome. The only great thing I found about the hostel was it's location, but I feel staying in a guesthouse in the same area would be better value. The bathrooms are small and not very clean, the common area is not great for meeting people, the food was limited and over priced (and they often forget about orders), the city tour was over US$20 which is extremely expensive, the staff had limited english and weren't very helpful. The rooms don't have locks either.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

This was my second stay at the hostel in a month and I would never go anywhere else. The atmosphere is fantastic, it's so easy to meet people and relax in the common area, Driess plays some awesome tunes during happy hour and gives great advice about the city. The pool is extremely relaxing after a hot day at the temples, the rooms are all spotlessly clean with spacious bathroom and wonderful air conditioning. You can access the wifi from anywhere in the hostel as well. Thanks for everything!

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

The security isn't fantastic, anyone can walk in or out

Hiya. The doors lock on all our rooms -there are notices in all dorms asking guests to do so. Our check in form you signed advises guests to use the lockers provided. Added to this we also have an extensive CCTV & alarm system throughout the premises for top security. No-one is allowed in to the Hostel without registering with reception first - if there is an issue we can always check the footage to see who it is. Happily, our guests are fantastic & we don't have any such problems. :-)

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

Really fantastic location, great value from a hostel- only problem was with the lockers, we were told our bags would fit in a medium and when they didnt, we wanted to cancel the medium locker and purchase a large one instead. but instead of this they made us purchase another medium one as well which was frustrating- as the solution was quite simple...

Hi great that you enjoyed your stay, with regards the lockers unfortunately we are unable to change lockers on the system as yet but its something that we are working with the people who make the lockers to ensure that the system is more user friendly and provides you as the customer with a secure and convenient means of storing your baggage.

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

Everything was amazing. Large variety at breakfast, helpful staff, clean rooms/bathrooms and really great location.

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

Met some great people, friendly staff, great breakfast, clean modern rooms and bathrooms, ONLY draw back was unpredictable showers! So often I had a cold shower...

Euro Hostel Newcastle

Newcastle upon Tyne, England

There was a problem with the toilets at the time of our stay, however the staff were very informative and this did not cause us to have an unpleasant stay. HOWEVER, there was a problem with the wifi; they offered free wifi in the lobby and it was not working during our stay. Instead of offering free use of the available computers or even apologising for the problem, the staff couldn't care less and we simply got a 'bad luck' attitude. I will never stay here again.

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

The staff were very friendly and the location was excellent (very close to the station) however our bedroom barely fit all of the beds in it, you couldnt move on your bed without waking everyone up, the bathroom door didnt even shut properly (let alone lock) and although they said breakfast was at 8, no one showed up til at least 8:30. Lucky we only stayed one night, we wouldnt stay there again though.

The rooms were excellent and new, really great bunk beds with pull-across curtains for heaps of privacy. The bar downstairs served really decent food at a discount price (very handy when Paris is so expensive). We also got to meet a bunch of great people while socialising over breakfast (basic but still plentiful) and their internet cafe was extremely well run and cheap! The only issue was the lack of personality most of the staff had. Definitely staying there again. Free tours of Paris as well!