Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

Great hostel staff extremely helpful and highly recommend you stay here.

• 24th Jul 2014

Pensao do Norte

Porto, Portugal

I did not like this hotel and would not recommend it. When I arrived the receptionist was on the phone and made no apology for leaving me waiting for ten minutes. There was 70 steps to my room and as she was the only employee in the hotel there was no one to help get my bag to my room. The key HAD to be handed in whever I left the hotel or they had the right to enter the room 24 hours whether I was there or not and gave me a handout that said no responsibility for stuff stolen from my room.

• 21st Jul 2014

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

I found this hotel to be very good. Staff were helpful air conditioning worked well and food in the restaurant was good. I did not experience problems other people describe and was very satisfied with my stay. It is also on the Camino Way and the hospital is right behind it. I would use this hotel for a break from walking the Cameno for a day or two if the option is available.

• 11th Jul 2014

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Good location great directions from train station but having to climb over 100 steps to get from reception to my room would stop me from staying there again

• 3rd Jul 2014

Kelly's Courtyard

Beijing, China

Great choice, friendly staff and my bed was very comfortable. If you want an alternative to a western hotel this is it. Make sure you have the phone number and map for taxi driver. Thanks Kelly Cortyard you are doing a great job

• 31st May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Fabulous have a great time staying here, enjoy the cake made by the hostel owners and make sure you do the free walking tour from the information centre.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I had the single room over the stairs was very good value and Internet worked well. Highly recommend this hostel great staff and easy to get around KL I am fussy and could not fault. Thanks Patrick and staff

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

Cheers for the amazing review and for choosing to stay with us at Sunshine Bedz Kuala Lumpur. We always love to hear great reviews like yours and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Take care, see you soon! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team~

Anna houseboat

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Highly recommend this as an alternative accommodation to stereotyped 3 star hotels. Initially I found it hard to find, so take care with directions. As you get to the bridge look for two very large marble lions. The boat was opposite, or it was when I was there! Enjoy.

• 13th Jul 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

I stayed in this hostel because I was travelling with Busabout. In the same street there were two other hostels that had won TripAdvisor awards. They were a better option than this hostel.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hello and thank you for your comments. However, we are a little confused by your remarks. We are the only hostel on the Langestraat - on our street there are also 3-5 star hotels but no hostels, so we think you may be a little confused. We wish you safe further travels from the Bauhaus Team.

Having lived in China for nearly two years I have spent a lot of weekends in Shanghai in 5* hotels and hostels. This place beats them all and you will not regret staying here. Staff are very helpful, hostel is constantly being cleaned and rooms are well kept. Internet is sometimes a bit slow for skype but otherwise works well. The hostel is on the 6th floor of a building which means you get some great views out over Shanghai and is only five minutes walk from metro and Bund. Aussie Gwen

• 19th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

If you can find it this hostel is in a great position and is very clean. The room I had was also very large. But the negatives were that there was no wifi in the room and the hostel wifi was poor, the staff were not welcoming and failed to care about one persons stuff that was thrown into a bin in his room. They could have been more helpful to him. They do not take local plastic cards which other hostels in this area do. All night something kept walking back and forwards in the ceiling.

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Nanjing, China

This hostel was very clean. There was only a handful of people there when I stayed but the staff forgot to tell me the power would be off the next morning; I could not charge my phone or battery before a day of sightseeing. Despite the fact that there were very few people in the hostel it was VERY noisy. It is also very hard to find - about a fifteen minute walk from the metro. They need to put clear instructions on the internet (as other people have said). The internet was also very slow.

• 1st Nov 2012
  • Globetrotter

First, we DID make a notice in hostel both in Chinese and ENGLISH. Second, from 1st-3rd when Ms. Davis-Goff stayed here, the occupancy rate is over 65%. She leaves early in the morning ,comes back late at night and never stays in our lobby. When Ms.Davis-Goff came to our hostel, she said our phone number was empty number. Though we had explained to her our phone works well all day, she didn't believe it. Those who complain all the time cannot enjoy their trip anywhere.

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

This hostel was easy to find and well located near the main street and transport options. Staff were very helpful. they booked tours for me on the boat and to the rice fields. The tour group they use are excellent; value for money, information provided and responding to individual requests. As a westerner who travels frequently in China I thought this was the best travel company I have come across so far.

• 15th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

hello, Thanks for choosing us and give us the feedback. we have many options for the tour in GUiLin, like the rice terraces tour , we also have the tour from our hostel,it is more funny, we will try our best to make here more comfortable for everyone here. welcome back.helen

I am an Australian living in China for a year; in Shanghai I always stay at this hostel. Great location easy to get to, very helpful staff and always clean. Tried lots of other hostels before I found this one.....

• 9th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

I enjoyed staying at this hostel and will use it again. However the staff could be a bit more helpful. They also need a map which shows where local tourist spots are and where there are good places to eat and buy food.

• 19th May 2012
  • Globetrotter

Take it from this middle aged Australian who lives in China that this is by far the best hostel in Shanghai. Clean, great location and the best selection of beer I have come across in any hostel. Just remember when you turn into the side street look for the tallest building on the right. Have a great stay!

• 29th Apr 2012
  • Globetrotter

I have stayed at this hostel a few times while in Shanghai. This will be the last time; not many people seem to stay there and it lacks atmosphere. It could do with a good clean and the staff are not as friendly as they were.

• 9th Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

Staff were very friendly and helpful. They speak good English and had lots of good ideas about how to deal with the cold and maximise the options available in Harben. The hostel is easy to find and in a great location. I am Australian living in China and spend a lot of time in hostels; the size of the room I had in this one was excellent and it was very warm. Beds are hard, but hey this is China. Make sure you do the City Tour, its good value, see the sights and stay warm.

• 14th Jan 2012
  • Globetrotter

This hostel lacked atmosphere, at the end of a dark alley did not feel safe at night. Would definately not use again. My room had been allocated to someone else and I had a small room without exterior window or hanging space. Smelt. Taxi driver found it very hard to find. Staff not particularly helpful. If you are looking for a very clean hostel you might like it, but otherwise much better available in Shanghai.

• 1st Dec 2011
  • Globetrotter

Would not stay there again; we liked the location and staff were very helpful. But do not expect to get a cab it is hopeless, and each time I did manage to get one I had to ring the hostel staff to talk to the driver so he knew the way. Walls are very thin, we found it noisy and did not like the stairs in the loft rooms. Not a good choice. Be very careful if you need a taxi in this location.

• 21st Oct 2011
  • Mixed Group, 41+

thanks for your rating. we always write both chinese and english name/address for guests, help you to catch a cab to the place you are going, and it does help. Don't forget to check with the reception before your leaving.

Great value; as one of the baby boomer generation appreciated the assistance provided and got to meet lots of interesting people. Great place to stay and easy to use metro from this location.

• 4th Oct 2011