Location: India, Age: 34

Reykjavik Backpackers

Reykjavik, Iceland

The plus sides first- excellent location. Plug points by every bed. Bathrooms not en suite but there are enough so it's never busy. Helpful staff. Downside- it's noisy. They gave us only one key card for the room for the two of us and it was a pain when we wanted to go and do different things. They said they were short on key cards but they should get some more. It is not fair for guests to have to share key cards. Also, I found some security concerns which I have written to hostelworld about.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • India

Dear Guest, thank you for the review and also for the note about the security issue. We fixed the problem already. Regards, Michal

Reykjavik City Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Reykjavik City Hostel was great!. Friendly staff, ample kitchen facilities, ensuite bathrooms, quiet. Good blinds in the room so the room could be made dark even with long daylight hours! :) Also, it is right next to the best swimming pool in the city with geothermally heated pools and tubs. The downsides were that it is along walk from the city centre (about 30-40 mins). Also, the plug points were not next to the bunks so charging devices was a pain. Also, you have to pay for linen.

• 6th Jun 2014

YHA London St Pauls

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel immensely! The staff were very helpful! My friend who had just flown into the country, needed a SIM card and the hostel gave her one. When it didn't work, the gentleman at the desk called up the help centre to get it to work! The rooms were clean. The beds and sheets were clean! Hot showers were actually hot and not lukewarm trickles! Wi-fi and breakfast were expensive though. Also not enough plug points. Those were the downsides for me. But all in all a big A+!

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion, it's great to know you had such a nice experience at our hostel. Come visit us soon! YHA St. Paul's Duty Manager

Russell Scott Hostels

Sheffield, England

I had a nice stay at this hostel. Staff incredibly helpful and polite. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and always smelt fresh. The breakfast room was clean and well stocked. The only problem was that the 4 bed female dorm does not have a lock on it so it felt a little unsafe at night. It would be nice if they could put a lock on the door and get 4 keys and give it to the guests. The location was a steep uphill walk but close to a tram station. All in all, good value for money. I recommend it!

• 10th Feb 2013

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and had attached baths which were super-clean too. The rooms also had lockers which were very useful for leaving your lugagge when you go out to see the city. The security was good too and as a single woman travelling alone, I felt very safe. The location is great and it's about a 5-6 minute walk to the Dam Square! I would highly recommend this place!

The Towne Hotel

Nassau, Bahamas

1. We were charged 93.50 USD while the Hostelworld page said that the amt due was USD 72. We were charged extra. I have used Hostelworld many times in the past and this has never happened with any Hostelworld booking before!! 2.The eggs got over during the complimentary breakfast time and when I asked for more, the lady pointed to the ones my friend had taken and asked me to share(??!!). In addition, the staff was not very friendly. All in all, not a very pleasant experience.

When you asked for additional eggs you should have gotten them, we apologize for any rudeness you had from the Staff and assure you that is not common in this hotel, in fact the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is always complimented on. Regarding the additional tax and service charges which are mandatory in the Bahamas....Hostel world does show on their web sit that they ARE NOT INCLUDED. We are sorry that this was not made clearer to you at your time of booking with them. We do hope that if you are back our way we have a chance to show you the best of the Towne Hotel.

Surfers Manor

Gregory Town, Bahamas

Had a great time! Would definitely go back here. The staff is incredibly friendly and accomodating. Rooms are clean and well maintained and any problems are promptly attended to. Very close to the beautiful "Surfer's beach". Is a little far from both the closest airports, but is very close to the Hatchet bay caves.

Pax Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The staff are friendly and helpful. It is a place with a lot of hustle bustle and you can meet backpackers from all over the world. Breakfast is good. I did feel a shortage of bathrooms though....they\'re located out in the hallway and you have to wait for them to be available. But overall, a fun place!

Small but clean place. Laundry service available. Helped us arrange our tour to the Amazon. Good breakfast. Was good value for money.