Hostel Casa Moreno, Ometepe Island, Nicaragua
4.3
22nd Dec 2016

Really hot room with just a small fan on the wall. Not very clean in the room or the kitchen area. The person at the reception desk couldn't speak english, and my spanish wasn't enough, so very poor communication. We left a night early because we couldn't have an other night there. No refounds.

Thank you for posting this useful comment. I am sorry, we could not fulfill your expectation, I am really sad, this was not expressed to us directly, because I am well aware that my staff is not fully bilingual. However, they understand english so if someone says ¨The room is too hot¨ they would understand it and I am sure they would go along with plan B, which is providing extra fan that we have next the tv in our lobby or in the worse case if they don´t understand they call me. Another option could have been, to change to a room with A/C, but this option includes addition payment for the A/c. I have spoken to my staff and they do not recall any refund request or any complaint and I also worked on the Dic 24th when you did check out and I did not hear any complaint of a guest. With the cleaning, we really focus on this are a lot and as a habit, we offer cleaning in a daily basis, we happly do it! and for our future guests please give us the chance to make you feel confartable in our hotel and if you feel unhappy for any reason please let us or let me know I am fluent in English. It seems that you used our kitchen and our kitchen it isn´t available for guests because we use it for multiple things since we do not have a office and I understand some people feel uncofortable when the see a kitchen that it is not only use to cook and to avoid a bad comment, our preference is not to used by guest and do not get me wrong because if a guest need hot water or put something in the fridge we are more than happy to help with this. Thank again for this comment and I hope you at least enjoyed this beatiful Island. Juan Barrios

Il Padrino, Granada, Nicaragua
20th Dec 2016

We had a private doubleroom ensuite, really clean and nicely decorated. Gabi and her mother are really sweet and helpful! Filling and good breakfast. Also close by good restaurants and city center, but i a quiet area. One of the nicest places we stayed at during our 3,5 week long vaccation.

Casa Lucía, Managua, Nicaragua
19th Dec 2016

Big room, comfy beds and AC. Hearty breakfast. Helpful and kind owner.

Students Residence, Ljubljana, Slovenia
8.0
23rd Aug 2014

We booked 2 beds in a 6 bed dorm, but it was 3 rooms with 2 beds in each with a shared kitchen, WC and shower. So it was really nice for us to have our own room. And the hostel is located very central. Kitchen was good, but there was no sharper knifes to prepare food with. Maybe not the cleanest shower, but ok.

Anandamayi Hostel & Hotel, Bogota, Colombia
17th Aug 2013

Wonderful place with a lot of atmosphere, kind staff and free tea and coffee.

La Serrana, Salento, Colombia
14th Aug 2013

Very cozy hostel, felt like a home away. Good kitchen, good common area and great dinners. There was some problems with internet/wifi when I stayed there, but hopefully they fix it by now.

La Masia Summer Hostel, Taganga, Colombia

21st Jun 2013

20th Jun 2013

Urban Holiday Lofts, Chicago, USA
17th Jun 2013

Guess I would have liked a little more information on what to do and see in Chicago when I came. Felt like I didn´t get so much and like you guys were very busy. But overall super nice hostel!

Pars Teatro hostel, Barcelona, Spain
16th May 2012

Very good and organized hostel. Clean, good kitchen, great with the locker. Rather quite and the rooms are fairly big.

Riad Arous Chamel, Tangier, Morocco
2nd Apr 2012

Lovely B&B. Moroccan architecture and furnishings, felt like staying in a fariy tale of Scheherazade. Breakfast was awesome, traditionell moroocan breakfast and fresh juice. Rooms pretty and beds comfortable. A bit tricky to find as it´s in the medina, but on the other hand, it's a great location. Staff helpful, but be aware of that the resturant they show you after you arrival is a real tourist trap. Would go there again!

• Sweden,
INNer City, Beijing, China
6.3
7th Nov 2009

Sweet hostel in a traditional hutong and nice staff. But the beds were like knocking on wood and the room was cold.