Reviews: darylwarren007

The Hostel Paulista

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Good setup but was let down by poor showers and a toilet that overflowed. The guys in my room did not help leaving a bomb sight on departure.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi, Daryl. Unfortunately, it's hard to control how people use the bathrooms and showers. Our cleanners staff works untill 17h and after that if we have to count on good sense of guests.

A good place in good location but the bathroom was in a bad state even after cleaner. I was there for World Cup and there was no one there. I still had to pay a premium rate via hostel world even when a friend paid 40% less with no booking.

• 6th Jul 2014

Santa Semente

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Shower was the worst I had seen in South America. It stank and was ice cold. The area is good but due to being out if the way the owner could provide a small info sheet for busses and metro etc. instead you get a map drawn on a napkin. Quaint but not good in this age of travel. Most people staying there spent all their time on computers etc and there was little interaction and atmosphere.

• 4th Jul 2014

Klein Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Nice place. It is a little out if the way though. Clean with good facilities and very safe.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Hostel Akilpo

Huaraz, Peru

OK hostel but nothing special. Would advise that they do not book the Santa Cruz trek!!! You need to go elsewhere to do this. Also the advice given to a French girl was poor dating that she could trek it alone was stupid as not an easy trek at altitude.

• 22nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

Hello Dear Customer We give information very flexible, not only trying to sell tours. You can book tours here when we have an organized group,if not you have to book in another company. We do not make transfers nor do we like to get commission for these. So you should not exalt and please do not consider "stupid" the desicion of a person. She made ​​the decision to do it independently. Plus she was informed before undertaking the trek. I wish you the best from Huaraz. Akilpo Team

This rating could have been a lot higher had Nishan the owner not forgotten to re book our room for our final night in Sri Lanka. We had been looking forward to staying in one of their very nice rooms but were left at a loose end after traveling all day from Adams peak. We were forced to take a room next door at ocean view (awefull and not clean). Not an ideal way to finish trip. That said they stored my bag and helped book many things for us however we were left with a bitter taste in the end

• 9th Dec 2012
  • New Zealand

Dearest Guests, We all at Marine Tourist Guest House Thank you very much for sharing your experiences about Marine House. We will attend to the point highlighted in your valuable review.Further we thank you staying with us for 3 times,while you were in sri lanka.On your second stay you booked a dorm room for the last day,so we kept the dorm room for you.I applogise,that we couldnot entertain your request at the last moment to upgarde your roomto a balcony room in new building,since it was fully booked. Wish you all the Best ! Looking forward to serve you in future too.

SurfCity

Unawatuna, Sri Lanka

I arranged this room on hostel world and found it to be of an average standard in comparison to others I had stayed at in Sri Lanka. They seemed to only be after my money and not interested in good service. I have limited needs but the ability to make simple decisions was lacking by the staff. Very overpriced for what you get.

• 4th Dec 2012

Brunei Hotel

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei

Very nice place, cheap but very well located. They also took care of my bags for 5 weeks while in Malaysia at no cost and extended my checkout time both days as flights were later at night.

Stay-In Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

They have a great location in China town, and I arrived to the Xmas market which was great. They also organise the Mt Kinabalu trek at the cheapest price around. It can be on the noisy side but that was kareoke xmas carols at BB cafe across the road.