Reviews: simondix

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 40

Luke's Place

New York, USA

Great place to stay very close to Williamsburg. Great location. Nice vibe - a bit like staying in bunk beds in a friend of a friend's place while they are away rather than in a hostel. Bit different from staying in a hostel as there are only 8 beds in total and it's a lot smaller, which can be better or worse. Nicely decorated and very clean, towels & bedding provided, air-con and free wifi. There's a great view of the Manhattan skyline from the roof terrace which is a great place to chill out.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

Really great hostel! One of the best I've stayed in! Would definitely recommend it. Enormous rooms with proper beds rather than bunks. The huge 3-bed dorm I was in would have had 16 beds crammed into it in some other hostels. Air-con, great outdoor lounging area, massive flat screen TV area, computer area, free wifi, clean, large individual bathrooms. Location is good with several bars nearby - a little further from central Williamsburg than I'd thought, but still great. Not far from subway.

Samesun Venice Beach

Los Angeles, USA

Great hostel - brilliant location right on Venice Beach with a good bar just downstairs under the hostel. Great party vibe (there was when I was there on 4th July anyway!) The staff are very good and helpful and there are a few activities like bar crawls organised if you want to join in. Very relaxed vibe though - no hard sell and most activities are free. There are individual bathrooms which are generally clean. Good communal area with a great view of the beach. Would definitely recommend!

PodShare

Los Angeles, USA

Great place to stay in central Hollywood, not far from Capitol Records Tower. Unique vibe with individual pods rather than bunks. Larger / more luxurious than standard bunks, with added extras like personal TVs, power, etc. All 10 pods are in one large area, although everyone seems to keep quiet at night so it's actually chilled and peaceful most of the time. Could do with more bathrooms as there is only one on the ground floor and one on another floor. Clean and staff were great! Recommended!

Plug-Inn Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

The location was great in a nice part of Montmartre / Sacre-Coeur. Small winding streets and little bars and brasseries dotted around. Very nice area to stay. Lots of bars and clubs nearby too. Hostel was perfectly ok though not outstanding. Dorms were clean and tidy. En suite bathrooms were very small but still functional and clean. There was not a big area to socialise - only the fairly small reception area - so this isn't really a party / socialising hostel.

Perfectly reasonable hostel right on the seafront near Brighton Pier. Good location. Clean throughout. Pub downstairs and continental breakfast included (if you're up early). Checkout time is very early (10am), especially if you've been out the night before!

Hiya, thanks for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We do offer a late check-out option at a small extra cost, all the money of which we donate to Build Africa Charity. Our apologies this option was not made more aware to you during your stay. We hope to see you next time you're in Brighton. Regards, Reception

Hotel Marcianito

Isla Mujeres, Mexico

We actually ended up staying in the Marcianito's sister hotel: HOTEL XBULU-HA. We booked the Marcianito through Hostelworld but when we arrived were told we were in the sister hotel. Very glad too, as the Xbulu-Ha was VERY MUCH nicer than the rather grotty room at the Marcianito that we saw first. I'd recommend staying at the Xbulu-Ha - nice, clean room with air-con, fan, large, comfy bed & big bathroom. I wld definitely NOT recommend staying at the Marcianito itself tho! Check with the hotel B4

Casa Angel Youth Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

Very nice hostel. One of the cleanest and fresh looking hostels I've ever stayed in. It was a little quiet when we were there so not many people to meet, but it may have been because it was low season and everywhere was quiet. I've heard from others since that there is often much more of a party vibe there so I'm sure it would be better for that when it's a little busier. Great roof top terrace which has BBQs on Sundays. Would definitely recommend it. Helpful staff too.

Casa Angel Youth Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

Great hostel! - one of the best I've stayed in. Good location, great bar that's fun for partying. Met some great people there and had an amazing time. Would definitely recommend it highly. Free internet. Good taco place round the corner. Stayed in a dorm one night which was fine and in a private room another night which was excellent. Very good overall!

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

Great hostel! - one of the best I've stayed in. Good location, great bar that's fun for partying. Met some great people there and had an amazing time. Would definitely recommend it highly. Free internet. Good taco place round the corner. Stayed in a dorm one night which was fine, apart from a couple of snorers. Private rooms are very nice if you want to avoid that. Very good overall!

Acceptable budget hotel on the outskirts of Austin. We chose it as it was the only affordable place left during SXSW. Perfectly ok and had a convenient bus stop right outside for getting into town (around 20 mins; cost: 1 USD). Hotel was good value compared to the hotels in the centre. A little tired looking and not super clean, but acceptable if you're on a tight budget. Not a hostel so not the place to stay to if you want to meet people. No bar or restaurant.

Great value place to stay if you want something bang in the middle of Manhattan. Very close to Times Square, so it was convenient for the centre of town. Clean and tidy with more of a hotel vibe than a hostel vibe. We booked a mixed 4 bed dorm which we had to ourselves (two of us). The bar was shut for renovation when we were there, so difficult to tell what it would be like normally, but because of this there was no communal space when we were there so it was not somewhere to meet people.

Broadway Hotel n Hostel

New York, USA

Good hostel for the centre of a city - good location in Upper West Side. Stayed in a twin room which was fine. The hostel could do with its own bar to make it a more sociable place to hang out - there was a communal area downstairs but it wasn't as sociable as other hostels I've been too. Not really a party hostel from what I saw. Reasonable clean and a good place to stay if you want something not too expensive though.