Reviews: joshlanza

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 42

Fauzi Azar Inn

Nazareth, Israel

Staff is amazing - when I was in a hurry to get to transport to Tel Aviv to make my flight, unsure of how to get the right taxi, bus, etc., Nadine actually walked me to the taxi stand and got the taxi driver to understand where I needed to go, even carrying my guitar for me. She and the other guy on staff (whose name I didn't get) wrote out explicit directions on which sherut to take and which stop to ask for - genuinely sympathetic toward my rushed situation. Exceptional.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

Surprising how much of Israel you can visit while coming home to this place every night. Clean, comfortable, great breakfast, you meet a ton of people. I've never seen a hostel so big, but this is actually an advantage in this place. It still feels small - you run into people at breakfast and in the evening due to the great common spaces. Highly recommended.

You get off the plane in Tel Aviv and this place is perfect. Close to the market, the old city, 20 minutes walk from the train. Also, it seems to attract a lot of interesting people.

YWCA Hotel

Vancouver, Canada

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel Erottajanpuisto

Helsinki, Finland

The Babushka Grand Hostel

Odessa, Ukraine

This place is awesome. Really cool old building, very spacious and comfortable. The beds are great (nice to have such a big bedroom). John and Masha are genuinely nice people who make sure you're comfortable and enjoying Odessa. I would not have gotten such an appreciation for Odessa were it not for this place.