Reviews: ss28505269

Summer Hostels - Cowgate

Edinburgh, Scotland

It is new, has high standard mattrasses, and every room has its own bathroom, the windows have double glass, excellent. The staff was a bit strange though and there is no wifi (just lan cables, so if you brought a laptop it works, but they refused to give out the code for the wifi network which had a strong signal but I could not access with the mobile phone). Also I would not leave luggage, it is put below a staircase on the ground floor and anybody can access it, as there are no entry controls

• 12th Aug 2013

Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls

Edinburgh, Scotland

There are no elevators, so being on the top floor can be exhausting. Bathrooms (showers especially) are worn out (while for example the fridges look quite new). There is a fee (5 pounds, if I remember correctly) for storing luggage (but they put it in a secure room, so that is good). Free wifi works welll.

• 11th Aug 2013

LSE Bankside House

Well, it was a busy period when I was there. Staff seemed to be stressed out. Facilities are dated esp. the bathroom. The mattress was not good, it is very springy and hurts your back.

• 29th Aug 2012

Very nice staff at check-in, very freindly. Buidlings are newer than others of University of Westminster.

• 23rd Aug 2012

Edinburgh Metro Youth Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

For 49 pounds a night and staying for 5 nights I expected a nicer or at least quieter room. I was in the middle directly opoosite the bathroom, so it was noisy. There was also a strange smell. I was offered a different room, but it was exactly in the same middle position in an apartment that had a dirty bathroom and kitchen, so I stayed in the first room. When I was there before I had smaller apartments I believe, at least i cannot remember having to stay opposite the loo with squeaky floorboard

• 16th Aug 2012

Abercorn House Hostel

The kitchen rooms and bath rooms are renovated, which is good. But the actual room was terrible: it smelled strange, there were stains on the bed linen, pieces of the wall were broken. It also had no plug, so I had to use my hair dryer in a kitchen. It is a place that seems to cater more for long-stay guests that are not well off at all.

• 2nd May 2011