Reviews: gemgem1988342

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

My friend got bed bugs from one of the rooms and friends I made at the hostel told me there were bed bugs on level 5 and 2. The bunk beds were also so high off the ground it was scary. Wi fi was quite good. Kitchen good, breakfast was just 2 slices of toast and a cup of milk or orange juice but you can upgrade. Bathrooms were cleaned often and new and modern. Could be a great hostel if they got rid of the bed bugs which sounded like an ongoing problem...

• 8th Oct 2013

Many thanks for your comment. we are happy u liked our hostel. We really take very seriously the cleaning of our hostel and we do daily checks on every room as we aim to be the cleanest hostel ever. In addition, we work with a pest control company to prevent this things. We only got a single case in one room, which now we know, the BB has been brought from some other client. In any case, just to make sure, we have close the room and disinfected, so is totally safe to sleep at our hostel

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Good hostel, right next to wombats but much cheaper. wi fi worked great, not much of a social feel. I had an old rude man (in his 50s) that decided to eat boiled eggs in the room at 10pm so that was gross. hostel should not calle YOUTH if they mix people who are clearly not youth. nice hostel just would have been nicer if i didnt have to share with an old rude man.

• 31st Aug 2013

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel, homely feel. staff were really really great, sat you down and gave a run through of the city at check in, was awesome. wi fi worked great. kitchen good too! deff do caving if you are in budapest long enough. reception can sign you up.

• 20th Aug 2013

Strawberry Hostel Wien

Vienna, Austria

I was really sick and the staff were fantastic helping me out. really nice girls and helpful. wi fi only worked in the lounge and dropped out lots, and i stayed in the hotel rooms they also have for a week after being in the dorm one night and my bathroom was not cleaned at all in 7 days. wasnt a very social hostel but good for couples and friends who want a good bed, kitchen and decent price. easy to get to bratislava from and budapest.

• 12th Aug 2013

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

The hostel is in a few different buildings, our room was ok size but the bathrooms were damp and not very clean. our last night was ruined by a 40yo in our room who was a complete idiot. all the activities at the hostel involved the same pub and it seamed like the same group of friends, outsiders didn't feel welcomed into the live in residence as much as hoped. good location and helpful staff. not many choices in Toronto, cheap and decent.