Reviews: calinychic4117

Center Ramblas

Barcelona, Spain

The smallest room of any hostel I'd ever been in. It's like they found a closet and thought, "Hey, we can get 2 bunk beds in here!" As long as you know that, the rest is fun. Nothing great, but it was very cheap and 2 blocks off Las Ramblas!

Hostel Prague Tyn

Prague, Czech Republic

Great location and hostel! Found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They give you a sandwich for breakfast (in addition to cereal and coffee) that is pretty horrible, but it's a free sandwich. About a 3 minute walk from the clocktower square and all the great things that brings. Could use some more showers and bathrooms, but everything was super clean.

• 7th Jun 2014

Lollis Homestay

Dresden, Germany

First, know that you are staying away from all of the tourist stuff, which is on the other side of the river. But, there are 2 trams about 10 min walk away that will take you to all of those things. There are a lot of restaurants and shops along the street which is nice. They obviously had past issues with security, because there are signs everywhere. The nice thing is they give you a big locker with a lock. Also have to pay for linens and breakfast.

BackpackerBerlin

Berlin, Germany

I have to say that when I walked up to this place I felt very unsafe. In the end it was an ok place, but had I not been in a group, I would have left. The area is very grungy and you have to walk 8-15 minutes (depending on your speed and luggage) from the train station, not 5 like they advertise. You also have to pay for Wifi and the free breakfast is cereal hidden in a corner. Wifi wasn't a bad deal, 1 euro for 12 hours (not consecutive), but hard to use multiple devices.

• 30th May 2014

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Great location! Although we happened to be there during "warm" weather, and there is not much (if any) AC, so we had to leave the windows open, and the street is very loud. Might be different situation during a not so hot week. That being said, I would definitely stay there again. Right down the street from the airport shuttles, local bus stop right outside the door (adds to the noise factor), and one street away from all the fun of temple bar!

• 27th May 2014

Cowgate Tourist Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel is all apartments. So you get a building, an apartment in the building, and then a room within the apartment. There were only 2 bathrooms for the 3 or 4 rooms (6 or so in each room) but I never had to wait for a bathroom. There is a bar RIGHT OUTSIDE. It was really fun to go to this bar and stumble home, not so fun when there were people SCREAMING at 3:30 in the morning outside my window. I stayed on a weekend and week night, no problem on the week night. All in all, good value.

Acacia Hostel

FIRST if you are a student, book on their website to get 10% off. They wont give you the discount if you book through hostelword. I picked this hostel specifically for the location, but was disappointed by the place. I was on my own and hoping to meet people and there was no opportunity to. The only lounge the staff reserves for themselves. Also this is all ages, so Im 26 and only saw people who were 15 years younger or older than me. I also got no wifi in the room.

Urban Holiday Lofts

Chicago, USA

This was a great hostel with some MAJOR flaws. First, there are only 2 bathrooms on each floor for over 30 people. There are also no mirrors in the rooms, only in the bathrooms. Because its lofts, the floors make a lot of noise. It was also probably the squeakiest bed I've ever had to sleep on, and bunk beds, so if one person turns their head it wakes the whole room. The location is great, i would probably stay again. Just bring some ear plugs and plan on mid day showers.

Ciao Hostel

Florence, Italy

It was as expected for a hostel. Pillow and linens could have been better, but otherwise, facilities were fine. We had a fire alarm at 4:30am and there was no one on staff to respond or call the fire dept., fix that.