Reviews: calinychic4117

AAE Portland Downtown, Portland, USA
7.1
29th Aug 2014

It's very dumpy, but good location. Right next to PSU in SOuth Downtown area, next to 3 different MAX(metro) lines. No breakfast from what I could tell. And my bed was visibly broken. Looking at it from across the room you could see it was broken,

HI Portland - Northwest, Portland, USA
28th Aug 2014

Standard hostel. HI is known for good hostels. The only things I was disappointed in were: 1- No breakfast, only toast and coffee. 2- From what I saw there was only 1 bathroom for girls on the floor with only 2 stalls and 2 showers. I didn't have an issue because I showered at night, but I could this causing a big problem.

AAE Loyal Inn, Seattle, USA
24th Aug 2014

So let me preface this by saying that I stayed in a "private" not the dorms. I never saw the dorms, so I can't say what those were like, but for the private room....we were SO HAPPY! It's a Best Western that uses some rooms as a hostel, so our private room that we paid $89/night for was just a normal hotel room with 2 double beds and ALL the hotel amenities. I looked it up, and other guests were paying $169-229 for the exact same room, but because we booked it as a hostel, it was cheap!

Center Ramblas, Barcelona, Spain
6.6
8th Jun 2014

The smallest room of any hostel I'd ever been in. It's like they found a closet and thought, "Hey, we can get 2 bunk beds in here!" As long as you know that, the rest is fun. Nothing great, but it was very cheap and 2 blocks off Las Ramblas!

Hostel Prague Tyn, Prague, Czech Republic
7th Jun 2014

Great location and hostel! Found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They give you a sandwich for breakfast (in addition to cereal and coffee) that is pretty horrible, but it's a free sandwich. About a 3 minute walk from the clocktower square and all the great things that brings. Could use some more showers and bathrooms, but everything was super clean.

Lollis Homestay, Dresden, Germany
6.3
3rd Jun 2014

First, know that you are staying away from all of the tourist stuff, which is on the other side of the river. But, there are 2 trams about 10 min walk away that will take you to all of those things. There are a lot of restaurants and shops along the street which is nice. They obviously had past issues with security, because there are signs everywhere. The nice thing is they give you a big locker with a lock. Also have to pay for linens and breakfast.

BackpackerBerlin, Berlin, Germany
6.3
30th May 2014

I have to say that when I walked up to this place I felt very unsafe. In the end it was an ok place, but had I not been in a group, I would have left. The area is very grungy and you have to walk 8-15 minutes (depending on your speed and luggage) from the train station, not 5 like they advertise. You also have to pay for Wifi and the free breakfast is cereal hidden in a corner. Wifi wasn't a bad deal, 1 euro for 12 hours (not consecutive), but hard to use multiple devices.

Abigails Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
27th May 2014

Great location! Although we happened to be there during "warm" weather, and there is not much (if any) AC, so we had to leave the windows open, and the street is very loud. Might be different situation during a not so hot week. That being said, I would definitely stay there again. Right down the street from the airport shuttles, local bus stop right outside the door (adds to the noise factor), and one street away from all the fun of temple bar!

Cowgate Tourist Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
25th May 2014

This hostel is all apartments. So you get a building, an apartment in the building, and then a room within the apartment. There were only 2 bathrooms for the 3 or 4 rooms (6 or so in each room) but I never had to wait for a bathroom. There is a bar RIGHT OUTSIDE. It was really fun to go to this bar and stumble home, not so fun when there were people SCREAMING at 3:30 in the morning outside my window. I stayed on a weekend and week night, no problem on the week night. All in all, good value.

Acacia Hostel, London, England
5.4
22nd May 2014

FIRST if you are a student, book on their website to get 10% off. They wont give you the discount if you book through hostelword. I picked this hostel specifically for the location, but was disappointed by the place. I was on my own and hoping to meet people and there was no opportunity to. The only lounge the staff reserves for themselves. Also this is all ages, so Im 26 and only saw people who were 15 years younger or older than me. I also got no wifi in the room.

Urban Holiday Lofts, Chicago, USA
4th Oct 2013

This was a great hostel with some MAJOR flaws. First, there are only 2 bathrooms on each floor for over 30 people. There are also no mirrors in the rooms, only in the bathrooms. Because its lofts, the floors make a lot of noise. It was also probably the squeakiest bed I've ever had to sleep on, and bunk beds, so if one person turns their head it wakes the whole room. The location is great, i would probably stay again. Just bring some ear plugs and plan on mid day showers.

Ciao Hostel, Florence, Italy
17th Aug 2013

It was as expected for a hostel. Pillow and linens could have been better, but otherwise, facilities were fine. We had a fire alarm at 4:30am and there was no one on staff to respond or call the fire dept., fix that.