Reviews: calinychic4117

Center Ramblas

Barcelona, Spain

The smallest room of any hostel I'd ever been in. It's like they found a closet and thought, "Hey, we can get 2 bunk beds in here!" As long as you know that, the rest is fun. Nothing great, but it was very cheap and 2 blocks off Las Ramblas!

Cowgate Tourist Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel is all apartments. So you get a building, an apartment in the building, and then a room within the apartment. There were only 2 bathrooms for the 3 or 4 rooms (6 or so in each room) but I never had to wait for a bathroom. There is a bar RIGHT OUTSIDE. It was really fun to go to this bar and stumble home, not so fun when there were people SCREAMING at 3:30 in the morning outside my window. I stayed on a weekend and week night, no problem on the week night. All in all, good value.

Acacia Hostel

FIRST if you are a student, book on their website to get 10% off. They wont give you the discount if you book through hostelword. I picked this hostel specifically for the location, but was disappointed by the place. I was on my own and hoping to meet people and there was no opportunity to. The only lounge the staff reserves for themselves. Also this is all ages, so Im 26 and only saw people who were 15 years younger or older than me. I also got no wifi in the room.

Urban Holiday Lofts

Chicago, USA

This was a great hostel with some MAJOR flaws. First, there are only 2 bathrooms on each floor for over 30 people. There are also no mirrors in the rooms, only in the bathrooms. Because its lofts, the floors make a lot of noise. It was also probably the squeakiest bed I've ever had to sleep on, and bunk beds, so if one person turns their head it wakes the whole room. The location is great, i would probably stay again. Just bring some ear plugs and plan on mid day showers.

Ciao Hostel

Florence, Italy

It was as expected for a hostel. Pillow and linens could have been better, but otherwise, facilities were fine. We had a fire alarm at 4:30am and there was no one on staff to respond or call the fire dept., fix that.