Location: South Africa,

Gu Bay

Koh Chang, Thailand

I love love loved my stay at Gu Bay. The people are amazing and it is in such a beautiful area, lovely for sunsets and swimming in the pool. They have a nice bar/lounge, great to meet other people. You can rent a scooter across the road for just 200baht a day which makes it easy to get to the beaches. Close enough to get to Lonely beach for bars and parties by scooter/taxi/long walk but nice and quiet to get a good rest. I extended my stay, as did almost everybody that was there. Thanks guys!

• 24th Feb 2014

Cliff Cottage

Koh Chang, Thailand

Cliff Cottage was a nice place. much better for couples or groups of people. I was a solo traveller and found that everyone else was on their own agenda. Nice restaurant, altough a bit more expensive. BangBao area is good for shopping at the pier, diving, and there are a couple of okay beaches that end of the island. I would recommend backpackers to rather stay at Bailan Bay or Lonely beach areas.

• 21st Feb 2014

Sihome Backpackers Garden

Vientiane, Laos

great helpful staff. comfortable rooms. good breakfast. will stay there again next time.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Amazing hostel. Lockers to well designed. Stafff friendly and helpful in booking onward transport and gave lots of info for hostels in the next couple of cities. Food was great. Evening activities fun.

The staff were really accomodating even though they were really busy. The breakfast was nice. Its more a hotel, so doesn't hace a common room. but nice place. Beautiful pool but the beach directly outside was not great ~ need to walk about 10 min for really nice beach. The restaurant next door served great cheap local food.

• 29th Dec 2013

Khoi Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

There was always at least one English speaking staff around. Very helpful with city information, buses, tours etc. Breakfast was nice. Not a big common area, but still easy enough to meet other travellers.

Green Forest Hostel

Yangshuo, China

Green Forest hostel was amazing! We stayed in a private twin room. The staff were so friendly and helpful in every need, from booking airport transport, renting bikes, travel advice, lending umbrellas.... they thought of our every need. There is also a nice coffee shop at reception. It is a little hard to find, but right in the middle of the town with a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this hostel and stay there again!

• 16th Oct 2013

Thank you for your love and recognition of our service! I also hope you can give us more recommended to your friends who wanna come to Yangshuo ~

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

We really enjoyed our stay at Han Tang Inn. Great atmosphere and very clean and safe. The bar downstairs was a great place to meet other travelers, and LeiLei was a great host. The tour to the warriors was well organised and interesting. I've stayed in many hostels across Asia and Europe, and this has been one of my best hostel experiences.

Sanya Backpackers

Sanya, China

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at in all my travels. Chris and Linda were great hosts and made everyone feel so welcome. They also had all the information we needed for day trips and interesting places to go. The hostel's Wipeout Bar was a great place to meet other travellers.

This hostel was a great price, and nice and warm at night! The hostel organised transport and tickets for the snow and ice world, which was really convenient.

• 31st Dec 2012

The Planet Guesthouse Korea

Busan, South Korea

Wow! This hostel was awesome! It is like a big apartment with a beautiful kitchen and lounge. The owners have thought of everything a girl needs to make our stay feel like home, with hair straighteners, conditioner, dressing table... everything! Thank you planet guesthouse... I loved Busan, and I will be back, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Taipei Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Bad internet connection. Bad service. Good location - one stop from the mainstation, but not much at this MRT stop.

• 8th Oct 2011

98SG

Singapore, Singapore

This hostel was pretty average. One of the cheaper places, so you can't expect to much... nothing really fantastic, but nothing wrong either.

Guest House Puli

Nantou, Taiwan

This was a great place to stay! The owner was so helpful and friendly! He helped us with transport, ideas of places to see, and he also took us to see the fireflies, which were beautiful.

Chiostro delle Monache

Volterra, Italy

A lovely, beautiful hostel. Great staff and very clean. My dorm had a large locker which fitted my whole bag. About a 25min walk from Volterra Town Centre, but a very pleasant walk. If I visit Volterra again, I will definitely stay there again - very good price and availability.

Ciak Hostel

Rome, Italy

Very nice hostel - will go there again when I next visit Rome! Thanks :)

B&B La Tana

Verona, Italy

La Tana was a lovely, clean & affordable place to stay. The free connection to the internet was a big plus! It is also really close to the main square. I would definitely recommend the B&B to anyone travelling to Verona.