Reviews: missmie_895629

Location: Sweden, Gender: Female, Age: 24

PERFECT!!!!!!!! Completely new. Lovely rooms with clean, modern bathrooms. AMAZING.

• 21st Sep 2013

The Walrus Hostel

Disgusting. I was supposed to stay 7 nights, but left after 4. It was very run down. No living room/dining area (if you didn't want to sit in the bar). Beds were old and seen their best days. "private" rooms were essentially part of the dorm but had a curtain. No secure locker to keep valuables. Horrible. And I have stayed at lots of hostel - eewwww. Oh, and showers were disgusting and mouldy and old.

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

A bit pricey, but one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

• 9th Sep 2013

MidTown Hostel

Nottingham, England

Very small hostel. Very basic, no character. Thin walls. The bathroom was large and newly refurbished.

• 8th Jan 2013

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Quite run down, but cheap.

• 7th Jan 2013
  • Sweden

Thanks for your comments!! Our hostel is in a Victorian building, which is full of old features, which we hope add character!! Come and see us at reception if there is ever anything you need, even if it's just pointing out something we may have missed!! Your opinions help us improve our hostel!! Hope to see you again at Hatters Manchester!

Cheap. Good quality. Not very unique, felt more like a cheap hotel. Would definitely come back.

• 22nd Sep 2012

Hotel Taj Plaza

Agra, India

The room was dirty. We caught insects with glasses, when the cleaner came, he didn't remove them--- just ignored them.. NO hot water for the next month---- didn't tell us at check-in. When asked when it would be fixed... they didn't know. Said "about a month". Rooms were probably nice---once upon a time, now they were run-down and shabby.

• 2nd Aug 2012

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Nanjing, China

Staff spoke poor English, barely knew anything about surrounding sights (new in town). Over-priced food and ran out of breakfast stuff already at 10. AC was on for a very limited time, hot in the attic. Showers were on first floor--- dorms on 3rd. Mostly Chinese visitors (they actually lived there for a long time, working in NJ, so not tourists).

• 17th Jun 2012
  • Sweden

Two of our staffs were new recuits,they were not familiar with the surroundings at that time.We feel extremly sorry aout that.And we only turn the AC on from22:00 to 10:00 ,in regards to environmental protecting& energy saving.As the summer coming,we have turned the AC on as long as someone in.When it comes to the Chinese visitors,though it's the graduating time,only a very small number of them living here to finding the job.We think everyone have the rights to live in the hostel,no matter who they are.

Nordic Osheania Hostel

Qingdao, China

The staff was very nice and helpful; decent English skills. Western toilet on the third floor. Other toilets were quite disgusting; unclean and illkept. The restaurant was very cozy, food/drinks was cheap (but not very tasty). Rooms were small but OK. A bit outsid city center, but good bus links and taxis in was really cheap. Though I may have sounded a bit negative, I really liked it. Primarily because the staff and fellow guests were so nice.

• 14th Jun 2012

Peking Yard Hostel

Beijing, China

Showers, sink and toilets were great. But the rooms were very small and cramped. No wifi in rooms either. Nice lounge but no lunch in the restaurant.

• 13th Jun 2012

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

• 1st Sep 2011
  • Sweden

The food was disgusting!! I ordered a gong bao chicken and it was the worst I have ever eaten (and I have eaten MANY, lived in China for one year).

• 9th Aug 2011

• 5th Aug 2011
  • Sweden

Charming. Good food. Thumbs up!

• 1st Aug 2011
  • Sweden

We gor a very very rundown room, but we saw the day after we checked in that other people got newly renovated rooms. CHECK BEFORE YOU CHECK IN. Bathrooms OK, but we couldn't fully close and lock the windows (on the first floor!) when we went out so it didn't feel safe. Staff wasn't very friendly.

• 29th Jul 2011

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

Charming. Staff was helpful (even though Mama was annoying sometimes). Difficult to find (like everything else in Old Town!).

• 26th Jul 2011
  • Sweden

The location felt a bit outside the town, even though it just took a few minutes to get to the city entrance. New place. Great rooms and bathrooms. Clean. Staff spoke great English.

• 24th Jul 2011
  • Sweden

Big rooms. Clean. No wifi. Shared shower was pretty bad though.

• 21st Jul 2011

Tone on Lex

New York, USA

Bathrooms were disgusting. Unclean. Old. Shower didn't work. I felt unsafe. The lock to the room didn't work properly so no one used it. Receptionist wasn't very helpful. Tiny place. One of the worst places I have stayed at.

• 11th May 2011

Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

A little bit run-down but I loved what they had done with the place. Very homey.

• 9th May 2011

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

It felt old and worn out. Good shower per person though.

L Hostels

New York, USA

WOW I was sooo impressed!!! This is one of the nicest AND cheapest hostels I have stayed at. Newly renovated (=fresh) and it was awesome in every way. The only negative was that there wasn't a mirror in the room, just in the bathrooms.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

The included breakfast consisted just of unhealthy stuff, like marshmallow cereal, white break and pancakes.. The cleaning people took my own personal towel and my favorite hat and lost it. The lockers were on wheels and anyone could take them. No lockers for sale in reception. The area didn't feel safe. Cheap, though., Nice bathrooms. Helpful staff.