Location: USA, Age: 27

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

Bright and clean, excellent location, friendly staff. The bunk beds are spacious and each had its own shelf/locker and curtain. There is no common room/lounge area but it wasn't a problem for me.

Thank you for your kind comments. We have common lounge room at ground floor. Hope to see you again.

I booked a bed in the female dorm but had to stay in the mixed dorm because the hostel made a mistake. The beds weren't comfortable and the top bunks didn't have curtains (which would have been nice since it was a mixed dorm!). Location was good, only about a 15 min walk from Shin Osaka station, but it was a little hard to find the first night.

Thank you for staying. we are sorry for inconvinience and erro booking. we will be careful about it.

Guest House Atagoya

Kyoto, Japan

Atagoya GH is very small, but everything is clean and the private room was pretty spacious for two people. Only one shared shower and two small toilets, but since there aren't too many guests we didn't have a problem. The manager, Wada-san, was extremely friendly and helpful, and had plenty of recommendations for sightseeing in the area. Thanks to him we got to visit a beautiful garden that's only open 6 days a year. We had a key to the front door so we could come and go as we pleased.

Loved it and would definitely stay here again! Staff are super friendly and helpful, provide lots of great maps and discount coupons. Stayed in a private room, which was clean but pretty basic. Don't forget to bring your own shampoo, towels, etc. Location was excellent for sightseeing.

• 30th Mar 2013

Very good location, very basic hostel. If you need a place to stay in Ikebukuro for the weekend I'd recommend it but if you want a place with character and a longer stay there are better options in other parts of the city. It was decent for the one night we stayed there.

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

The staff here were super-friendly and spoke great English. A great spot in the Gion district--we spotted a geisha on our way back to the hostel. Overall a great experience, but you may want to bring some earplugs if you're a light sleeper (traffic noise outside the hostel, it's right next to a karaoke bar, and you're separated from other bunks by just a curtain).

Thanks! We are friendly, but our English is, sometimes, not really good. It's kind of heart to heart conversation. We love it! And you were super-friendly :) The location is one of the best in Kyoto. The cleanliness is our good pride. About the bar, it may be noisy in week end until about 0:30. Sorry for that. It's a good idea to bring or buy ear plugs here. We sell them. Thank you staying with us. And thank you for your comment!!

Guesthouse Naramachi

Nara, Japan

This place was amazing! A great experience, and the owner spoke excellent English and had plenty of recommendations on what to do, where to eat, and where to shop. There's only one shower for all the guests, but we didn't have a problem using it and there are plenty of public baths nearby. The guesthouse is an old Japanese townhouse with lots of history, so the atmosphere was amazing but it did mean the dorm rooms are pretty close- quarters. I would definitely stay here again.

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

This was my second time staying at the Kyoto Hana Hostel, and I will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Kyoto. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, the place is only 5 minutes from Kyoto Station and the facilities are very clean.

Mr.Egg Hostel Original

Busan, South Korea

We had a great time at Mr. Egg Hostel! The location was great only a few minutes from both Haeundae station and the beach, the staff all spoke great English and were extremely helpful and friendly. If I go back to Busan I will definitely stay there again!