Reviews: mkdcarleton370

Astor Hyde Park

Considering that it's London and we really wanted a private room, this was a good deal. As others have mentioned this is not very close to a subway. But we wanted to explore more of Kensington anyway, so the location is not bad depending on what you want to do.

Hommiku Hostel

Parnu, Estonia

The hostel provided free locks for our stuff, showers were great.

Tartu, Estonia

I would have liked soap in the bathrooms, all of the soap dispensers were empty. I wanted to do laundry, but I could only do it when certain members of staff were available (and when I was at the hostel, of course) so that meant I had to wash my clothes very late at night. Breakfast was decent.

CheapSleep Helsinki

Helsinki, Finland

I came for a cheap place to sleep that was quiet and clean. That's exactly what I got. So I'm happy.

The owners of the hostel really pay attention to detail. They have cute plants in the common room, they clean every nook and cranny, and they bend over backwards to give you helpful travel advice. We loved our stay, and choosing this hostel was ABSOLUTELY the best! I'm hoping to come back to Estonia in the summer and I will make sure to book in advance. :)

Chamonix Lodge

Chamonix, France

I would greatly value a small sign indicating the left turn to the hostel. Staff were very friendly.

Hôtel Crystal

Lausanne, Switzerland

YHA London Central

I travel to London often and I invariably choose this hostel. It's got the best location, the staff are nice, and it has all the facilities I need.

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

I should have looked up beforehand that the company's slogan is "party hard, sleep easy!" The ambience was good for partiers, not necessarily for people going to bed early. But overall it was ok.

My friend found a bedbug in her bed, in one of the dormitory rooms. Besides this, everything went very smoothly. The staff were very helpful and it was a breeze planning hiking trips, panda visits, etc.

It was very warm in some rooms and very cold in other rooms. I think their heating very inefficient, which worries me because it is bad for the environment.