Location: Afghanistan, Age: 30

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

I only stayed here one night super jetlagged, and was in a private room. But the reception staff went out of their way to help me with queries and let me know what was going on if I wanted to join in. There was a great atmosphere in the main area. The hostel is spread over several houses side-by-side, which meant it was pretty quiet where my room was, and everything was clean and comfy. Do recommend!

• 21st Mar 2014

Thanks for the great feedback! We're glad you got along well with our staff and enjoyed our hostel!

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We stayed here because I really wanted to go to the museums and galleries and it is PERFECTLY located for this. It is a bit further from the old city but we walked there in 10-15 minutes. We stayed in a private room which was like a hotel. It was comfortable, clean and had a kettle and tv.

• 9th Feb 2014

Generator Berlin Mitte

Berlin, Germany

A highly efficient and well run hostel. The staff are helpful and available whenever you need them. The downstairs cafe and bar are both excellent with a friendly and fun vibe, and the hostel is built in a way that even one floor up we weren't disturbed by the noise and music (although on Friday night we could hear the smokers talking and yelling on the sidewalk, but that's to be expected and wasn't so loud it stopped us sleeping at all). A good location also

• 5th Feb 2014

Little Town

Prague, Czech Republic

Absolutely LOVED our stay at Little Town. Friendly hostel, helpful staff and a lovely spacious room which was kept really clean throughout our stay. The fact the hostel is on the castle side of Charles Bridge means it doesn't feel like its in the middle of the tourist craziness but its super close and easy to walk across to the Old Town and to get to all the tourist attractions. Security was good, wifi was good. Definitely highly recommended.

• 2nd Feb 2014

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Had a great stay here in Munich. Breakfast every morning was a great start to the day and the low-key bar near reception was a good place to chill out. Staff were friendly and helpful when asked. We stayed in a private room which was actually more like a slightly-outdated hotel/motel room which was a pleasant surprise.

• 29th Jan 2014

Keystone House Kings Cross

This hostel is excellently located right near Kings Cross which was why we chose it to stay one night. It was an adequate hostel with good security and a comfortable bed. While breakfast was offered in the morning it seemed no one had washed up for days which was inconvenient and not pleasant. Wifi only available in the small dining room and bar downstairs. Overall an alright hostel.

• 25th Jan 2014

Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

What a fabulous stay! I was super jetlagged, but the staff were so friendly, as were all the other travellers I met. We got free dinner because it was Thursday! The bathrooms were clean, the rooms were basic but clean and nice. Would definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone looking for some lovely company, great advice, and a fun hostel during their time in San Diego! Only sad I couldn't stay longer!

• 29th Mar 2012

Astor Hyde Park

Lovely place, awesome people! Other people have complained about how far it is from the Tube, but its really not that bad, and totally walkable. Great location, definitely coming back here.

Globetrotters Inn

San Francisco, USA

Fabulous location and really friendly atmosphere. Big kitchen and although only limited showers they were really clean. Would definately stay here again!