Location: USA, Age: 25

Safari Inn

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Decent place to stay for one night with a hot shower. However, wifi was really slow.

Dragonfly Hostels

Lima, Peru

Great hostel with everything you need. It's on the quieter side but still social. Would stay again.

They list that they have lockers. However, in the 8 bed dorm, they only have 4 lockers. All of them were full when I arrived. I had nowhere to put my passport and laptop. Wifi is decent and Huacachina is small enough that the hostel is close to everything. Bathrooms were sufficient. It feels more like a restaurant with some beds attached than an actual hostel.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Great hostel. No complaints. Excellent in every way.

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment, we are really happy you enjoyed your stay in Pariwana, look forward seeing you soon. Regards. Jhonatan C. Front Desk Manager.

Hostal CasArte Takubamba

Sucre, Bolivia

Great hostel. A bit quiet but staff, location, facilities, and wifi are all great.

Mamatierra Hostel

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Good wifi. Hot showers. Close to the main street. Would stay again.

Arica Unite

Arica, Chile

Great hostel near the bus stop. Hot showers were nice and wifi was good. Only thing I'd change would be the lockers. They were made of a flimsy material (almost cardboard) and it'd be easy to rip off the lock.

Amazing facilities and staff. There are several common areas with TVs, pool table, ping pong table, and kitchen.

Friendly AQP

Arequipa, Peru

Good wifi and lockers. The location and staff were great. However, the showers were a bit cold and the bathrooms were a little dirty.

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

Wild Rover is a great hostel if you're in the mood to party a lot and are traveling in a group. It seems like a great time if that's your thing. Unfortunately, I was solo and had early mornings so it was more of a nuisance for me. My biggest gripe was that the wifi was basically unusable at the hostel. I had to go to a cafe to get a decent connection. The bathrooms have no external door so a cold draft is always coming in. This isn't the best when taking showers.

Jodanga Backpackers Hostel

Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Great, basic hostel. Nothing extraordinary but has hot showers, clean rooms, friendly staff, and a nice common area where it is easy to meet people. Would stay again.

Açaí Hostel Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

This was a great hostel. The staff were amazing and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. The only 2 areas for improvement are: - better wifi. The connection would often drop if there were too many people connected. It would require a router reset. - non-unisex bathrooms. 2 toilets and 2 showers were not enough for all the guests. Also, privacy was a bit of an issue. Otherwise, the rooms were new and well furnished with spacious lockers.

Local Hostel Manaus

Manaus, Brazil

Great staff and hostel. Would recommend!

Taksim Lounge

Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel. The breakfast was very nice and the staff are really helpful. The wifi was good but dropped out occasionally.

Argo Hostel Rhodes

Rhodes, Greece

The staff was great and the hotel was very nice. It's right next to the bus stop so it is easy to get to/from the old town. I only wish they had lockers in the rooms -- you have to pay 1 euro/day to use a locker in the lobby. There is a grocery store nearby and the beach within a short walk.

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

The hostel was great in every way except one: the wifi was absolutely terrible. Half the time I couldn't connect. They should really invest in improving their wifi! Otherwise, the staff were helpful, the rooms were clean, and it's located in the center of all the attractions -- walking distance to the Acropolis and the 3 major metro stations.

Hotel Inomaos

Olympia, Greece

It's a small family-run hotel with a friendly couple. The town of Olympia is quiet small so this place was within a 5-10 minute walk of everything.

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

Great hostel. Gyoko, the owner, was the best host I've ever had. The hostel has a great sense of community and I had a blast. It's in a great location and has an amazing kitchen/balcony.

Guest House Taso

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I had a great stay. Nothing but good things about this place. I highly recommend!

Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Overall great hostel that I'd recommend. The staff is great and the people I met there were awesome. There's a terrace and common room that lots of people hang out in. The location was amazing as it's directly in the old town. My only complaints are: The wifi was a bit flaky and I had my connection drop a lot around the hostel. Also, there were a ton of ants on the 3rd floor.

Tchaikovsky Hostel

Split, Croatia

Great hostel! I loved my stay here and met many amazing people. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My only suggestions are: 1. Add a holder for the shower head. Sometimes it's nice to be able to shower with both hands free :) 2. Some noise dampening for the doors. Even with the doors closed you could hear the common room.

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

The breakfast buffet was amazing!

The lights in the bathroom would turn off while in the shower because the motion sensor couldn't sense you. Also, the wifi was very slow. I was unable to make any skype calls.

Great staff and friendly atmosphere. We even had a Free Dumpling party! I met a lot of really great friends at the hostel. And it's in a well-located area near a metro stop close to the Forbidden City and other attractions. My one complaint would be that the lockers provided did not inspire much confidence and I would have preferred something sturdier.

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2

Singapore, Singapore

A solid no-frills place to stay. If all you want is a place to sleep and shower in a decent location this is a good choice. The staff is competent and organized and it is close to an MRT stop. However, there aren't enough toilets and during the morning rush the bathroom is packed. The lockers are tiny and don't look very secure. And the atmosphere in the lobby was that of people just sitting on their laptops and not being social.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

staff are super great and the facilities are amazing. great location. best hostel I've ever stayed at.