Reviews: carlhassett2123

Pink Manila Hostel

Manila, Philippines

This place is amazing. After traveling for 9 months you find some hostels that are so good that you'd travel to the city just to stay there. This is one of those hostels. Supper easy to meet great people. Amazing staff. The pool was a life saver. Just awesome! Thanks for everything!

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This place was really cool! After staying at hostels through out Asia for for only a few $ a night the price of this place scared me, but they do everything they can to make it worth it. Nice beds, easy to meet people in one of the three common areas, massage chair, free coffee, clean. It was a little tricky to find as the entrance is a small door in an ally way with no sign, but once your there the location works great.

Elbrus Home

Kathmandu, Nepal

Very friendly staff and an amazing breakfast! Bed was also extremely comfortable with heavy sheets that kept you warm in durning the chilly Kathmandu nights.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very nice, very clean. Only spent a night here, but i get the impression that this the hostel to stay at if you want good comfortable nights sleep.

This is one of the legendary hostels you'll hear about as you travel around South East Asia! Comfortable, Clean, Affordable and a ton of fun! I'm traveling for 9+ Months and Cast a way and the Sapa trip through hostel were one of the highlights of my whole trip. The staff here is also amazing. Nicest people you'll ever meet and extremely fun!

OKAY Guesthouse

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

When I first showed up they didn't have the room I booked so offered me a 3 bed room instead of a one bed. Then asked if I was willing to pay more because It was a more expensive room. Eventually we agreed that I would pay the same as what i booked, but this still left a bad impression. You make a mistake and want me to pay for it? It's the problem with some locally run businesses. Foreigners are walking wallets. But the place was nice and I got quite a few good nights sleep.

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The place is nice and getting better (It was under construction). It's basically like a giant sky rise hotel but dorms instead of individual rooms. My only gripe is I asked the staff to book a bus ticket via email (Twice) because it was extremely important that I leave Vietnam the day after I arrived because of my visa. They didn't. Almost over stayed my visa because of them as all busses were booked. Had to bribe a bus driver for the conductor seat up front to cross the boarder in time.

I reviewed this hostel once but stayed there again, so I'll keep this short... Don't be one of the travelers who hears their whole trip about how amazing this place, because you booked another hostel instead. This place is legendary in "South East Asia", go and enjoy!

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Good hostel. There was construction going on across the street that was terrible (3 months ago). Aside from that, great place. Staff was friendly and personable and it had a good over all vibe.

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Very nice place. Staff was awesome!

Ruby Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Almost overstayed my visa because of them, which you can tell has left a bad taste, but other that that it's a good place (Asked twice to reserve be a bust ticket, confirmed everything besides the ticket view email, twice, so assumed it was booked. Showed up and they said sorry sold out? Visa expired on that day.). Best way to describe it is a hotel with dorm rooms. All the benefits of a hotel with their amenities, but not quite a hostel.

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Was really a great hostel! The reason its not 100% is two fold. The common area is so big that everyone sort of huddles into their computers and you only really get to know the people in your room. Two, the location is far from all the other guest house so you're sort of isolated from other backpackers, for better or worse.

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

If you're reading this review it's probably because you're new to Cambodia, and haven't met 100 travelers telling you to stay here. It's one of the popular hostels in Cambodia and does and amazing job of balancing, party and sleep. You can rage and then recover, or just sleep before you seeing the city; whatever you want. Well worth it!

Happy Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

When I stayed here, I needed a quite spot to get some work done. It was perfect for just that! Really nice and clean pool. Private rooms were great. Not very social, but that's not what I needed. Only gripe, as in most Cambodian local run business, it's difficult talking money with them. They may be treating you fair, but it oddly feels like you need to be cautious.

The Mad Monkey Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I'm not the type of traveler to stay in one spot for a long time; It happened here! This place is awesome! The owners and staff really care about making it best hostel in Cambodia, and by the time you read this it's more awesome. When you stay here you'll feel less like you're at another hostel and more like you joined the family as everyone hang out on the roof top bar together, recovers together and competes together (Competes, you'll have to go to see what I mean). Great times, thank you!

HI Mid Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Was looking for a place to stay prior to heading to Cambodia, and this place was perfect! Clean and nice. If you're trying to stay near the backpacker areas, it's a bit far, but not what I needed. I think this was just a small oversight, BUTTT... if you do order a bus ticket through them, get a receipt! Whoever they ordered the ticket through tried the old double charge trick on me ("No paper ticket, you pay again?"). Doubt the hostel knew it would happen halfway there, but now you do.

Messed up our booking and blamed in on Hostel World, but had a place they work with that gave us a room. The % rating is based off the second place. I've written this review because incase this over booking is common (which was annoying and some hostels do to ensure they are full), I want others who have experienced it to write reviews so it stops.

Nid's Bungalows

Koh Samui, Thailand

Really cool spot. Reason its not 100%; while the stairs are a pain, it's far from town (about a 40 min walk) so if you need more then they have to offer, it's a trek (And we got bad information about renting mopeds from them so wasted the one afternoon we had searching everywhere). Two, they kick you out of the common area exactly at 10:00pm. The common area isn't near the guest houses so its not a matter of keeping quiet, and more protocol, and my opinion against the social point of hostels

Nid's Bungalows

Koh Samui, Thailand

It was good. Tons of character, staff was friendly and helpful. Nice pool to cool down that was very clean. It was a little but of a walk from the main street but they do have affordable mopeds you can rent from the hostel.

Full Moon Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great location, well kept and really nice owners. Also don't be intimidated by the large dorm rooms. It was a great way to meet people before the Full Moon Party. Made amazing friends there!

Suneta Hostel Khaosan

Bangkok, Thailand

Really cool Hostel. Some one clearly put some time into the design and construction of the place.

Dream Story Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

Was a great hostel except; There's some guy that I believe works there and just lingers. He would show up take his shirt off (During the winter) and just ignore everyone. Was really awkward when he was around. He also spoke English but made it very clear he didn't like foreigners and would refuse to talk with you if you didn't speak Russian or Ukrainian. The rest of the staff of girls were amazing! Pretty, Friendly, Helpful and Fun! Very nice hostel set up as well! Just get rid of him.

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

Epic! Just don't break "the rules".