The Trip Hostel

Punta del Este, Uruguay

Lovely staff and great location. But if you want any sleep you are in the wrong place. While half my room was trying to sleep, music blasted well past 2am.

Manais Point Hostel

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

The description said 24 hour reception. I arrived and the place was deserted. It was trashed like there had been a big party the night before, but there was not one person there. There was no way I was going to stay there so I walked the property checking every room (all empty) until I found one person and asked her to call me a taxi. This place is not at all suited for guests. Not happy w/ hostel world either. They are not contacting me about a refund. I would use hostelbookers instead!

Backpackers Share House Floripa

Florianopolis, Brazil

Lovely staff, social hostel & great location. The downside - dont plan on sleeping bc of loud music & loud people late into the night. The common area always has music blasting so its not relaxing. They try to promote a party atmosphere to sell more drinks and they push nightly dinners and excursions on you which is kind of annoying. Also because you have nightly dinners there you cannot use the kitchen in the evening from 5 - 11pm. That said, if you dont mind the noise its lovely

Hostel Marimar

Ilha do Mel, Brazil

very lovely staff and encantadas is way better than brasilia!

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

nice hostel and very friendly staff. they called a taxi for us though and said it would be 80r, then we found one on the street that only charged us 25r. it could have been the taxi company though. i still recommend them. we had a nice stay

• 27th Jan 2013

very nice staff

La Covacha Hostel

Salta, Argentina

Lovely and helpful owner, clean and very spacious rooms (had a 3 bed dorm, all singles). I had a very nice stay there!

Nomads Capital Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Flashpackers? more like Trashpackers. WOrst hostel i have stayed at in Oz and NZ. Absolutely filthy.

Hello Lauren, I am completely embarrased by this and will make this our top priority. We have a new cleaning crew who we are expecting to ensure all areas of the hostel is up to the highest standard!