Reviews: benjaminschuurmans5209

Location: Belgium, Gender: Male, Age: 29

This is my second time staying here and I had a great time both times. The staff were very friendly and always ready to help. They also gave me good advice on where to eat and what to see in the city. I would definetly recommen staying here.

• 8th Dec 2013

Nasca Lodge

Nazca, Peru

• 7th Dec 2013

VIP House

Cusco, Peru

VIP house is well located in the historic city center of Cuzco. The staff is very friendly will help you in any way they can. They also give great advice on the sights and activities that you can do in the region. The hostel is a old colonial building witch ads to the sharm. They hostel was always clean so no need to worry.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

The hostel is located in Miraflores witch is a safe and clean neighberhood in Lima the. The staff is friendly and give good advice. I slept in the 8 bed dorm witch was clean and had good lockers. The bathrooms are clean but a bit dated. Its takes a while too get warm water so be patiant. All in ll its agood hostel.

• 27th Nov 2013

Angel Hostal

Valparaiso, Chile

• 25th Nov 2013

Hostal El Refugio

Pucon, Chile

They hostel is located right in front of the bus terminals and only 2 min walk from the main street. The rooms are clean and hve big lockers. The only downside is that the kitchen and bathroom are very warn. The atmosphere is good and thay offer a good prices for the actvities arround the region.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Casa Margouya Chile

Puerto Varas, Chile

• 19th Nov 2013

H Rado Hostel

Santiago, Chile

This hostel is more like a hotel with very stylish rooms and a great breakfast. There are lots of bars and restaurant near by and not far from the subway. Breakfast is on the top floor (4th) and there is no elavator. The staff are friendly and the hostel is very clean. The only down side is that if you pay in pesos the you need to add 19% taks. Its a great hostel but there are other hostels in town that are better value for money

• 12th Nov 2013

Worldwide Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

I would not recommend this hostel The mattress I had was horrible I could feel every spring. There are a lot of longturm guests staying here and that does not help the atmophere for people staying short turm. Cleanliness ais average at best. There was a room key in the lock of my dorm door during the two nights I stayed there. I left the key at the reception when I left. There is no real controle cotrole on who enters the hostel.

• 5th Nov 2013

The Custom House

Nelson, New Zealand

Customhouse is about 20mn walk fromnthe city cente but close to the beach. In general its a good hostel but it has one problem. That problem is cleanliness. Its not to bad but could definetly be improved.

• 2nd Nov 2013

Fish Tank Lodge

Kaikoura, New Zealand

Fishtank is realy nice place. Comfy beds, cery clean and great unlimited free wifi. Its very well located the intercity bus stops in front of the hostel. I highly recommend staying here.

• 30th Oct 2013

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

While the hostel has good facilities its location is not ideal. Its about 25 minutes walk from the city center but there is a bus stop near by. There is not real atmosphere to speak of . The novelty of sleeping in a jail wears of quickly as there is no heating in the rooms. They do provide hotwater bottles.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

Hi, and thank you for rating our hostel, We're glad to hear that you found the convenient bus stop just over the road from Jail with the frequent service into the city. We also have bike hire to help guests get around. Our guest rooms have central heating which is currently programmed to come on at intervals. All rooms also have extra duvets as well as the hot water bottles and communal areas are kept toasty warm at all times

Adventure Queenstown Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

I can't fault then in any way. I highly recommend this place. The free internet was great. I highly recommend this place.

• 21st Oct 2013

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

Bamber house is a decent hostel with comfy beds. It not very wel located though. Its located in a suburb and is a bit far from the city enter and The nearest supermarket is about 15 to 20 minutes walk from the hostel. The staff are very friendly and the plac is clean.

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

Dear Guest, Glad you had a great stay with us. Regarding the location, we are sorry if you were disappointed, but we clearly state that Mt Eden is a green and quiet area just outside the city downtown, perfect for travelers looking for serenity. However, we are well located with 3public bus lines passing at the door of the hostel every 10minutes and dropping you in the heart of the city center. Concerning the grocery store, we also have different options around the hostel with a 10 minutes walk.

Cambridge Lodge Budget Hostel

Sydney, Australia

This is a good hostel but is a bit far from the city center and its about 10 to 15nminutes walk to the closest supermarket. There is free internet but only 200MB worth.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

Thanks for the comment but some information is incorrect. The free internet is 1 gigabyte for all guests and each gigabyte after that $5. The supermarket near the train station is less than 200 meters , few minute walk at best. Train to the city are regular and Central station is only 4 stops, exactly 7minutes Hope this helps.

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

• 13th Oct 2013

Alice Lodge Backpackers

Alice Springs, Australia

Alice lodge is not the most modern or luxurious hostel but its great to just stay a night or two and do a tour from. Its close the city center and has a free airport pickup. The on thing you need to be aware of is that some of the rooms are actualy carravans in the garden. I would stay here again

• 7th Oct 2013

Habitat HQ

Melbourne, Australia

While habitat has good facilities I did not enjoy my stay.My dorm 6 bed mixt looked and smelled like a teenage boys room. The showers, toilets and kitchen where never clean. Some of the staff are close with the long turm guest (2/3 of the guests ) and seem to see short turm guests as a bother. The internet connection is bad and limited at 200MB per day. Breakfast was gone before I could have some even though is was ontime 8am. Location is ok but not great. I would not recommend staying here.

• 6th Oct 2013

Jackaroo Hostel Kings Cross

Sydney, Australia

This is a standard hostel nothing stands out good or bad when it comes to facilities or cleanliness. The staff was helpfull. The location if good because the hostel is next to kings cross train station.

• 30th Sep 2013

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

I would definetly recommend to stay here. It has a great location its very clean and has every thing you would wish for in a hostel. If ther is one down side its that there is no lift and the hostel is on the third floor.

• 26th Sep 2013

Jalan-Jalan Besi

Melaka, Malaysia

Jalan Jalan has great location. The hostel it self is clean but its a very old building. Some of the rooms don't have windows and the sheets are very short. There is a nice atmosphere most of the socialising takes place in the main building witch is just down the street. I had a nice time and would stay there again. Just don't expect a new modern hostel.

• 21st Sep 2013

Raizzy's Guesthouse

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Its a decent hostel but some of the staff at the desk need better training and manners. When I checked in they diden't deduct the 10 deposit paid online. When I told the person at the desk he simply ignored. When the persen at the desk changed I was able to get my money back. The 4 bed dorm is tiny ,if it had been full there would have been a serious space problem. There are lockers in the room but only 2. While my experiance wasn't bad I would probably stay somewhere else next time in KL.

• 20th Sep 2013

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

Roommates is a decent hostel but the dorms are verry small. The staff are friendely and helpfull. I would stad here again.

• 13th Sep 2013

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good and clean hostel. Its well located but a little overpriced.

• 8th Sep 2013

Smile Society

Bangkok, Thailand

This hostel is ok but is staring to show a bit of ware. The dorms are clean and have big lockers. Most of the staff doesn't speak english but the owners does. The showers and bathrooms were not the cleanest but still acceptable. I expected more from a hostel with this rating

• 5th Sep 2013

Udee Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

• 4th Sep 2013

Salsa Hostel

Chumphon, Thailand

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I stayed in the 7 bed dorm. The room was spacious and all the facilities were verry clean. The breakfast that was included was verry good. The staff were verry friendly. They even helped people who weren t staying there without charge. I highly recommend staying here.

• 28th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

Thank you very much and I look forward to your next visit in Chumphon some day, maybe. Cheers / Sood

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I booked for 4 nights I stayed 5. Its a great place to relax. The facilities are nice and clean

• 15th Aug 2013

Sam So Guesthouse

Siem Reap, Cambodia

• 10th Aug 2013

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This isa typical big hostel I have complaints and would stay here again. The food they serve is good but a bit pricy compared with the rest of the country.

• 7th Aug 2013

Nhat Thao Guesthouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Nat Thao is more a cheap hotel then a guesthouse. Its clean en has a good location but. The toilet in the ensuit bathroom was so close to the wall that I had to sit slightly side ways to use it because I couldn't get my legs in between. And I am only 1m65 tall ! The staff were friendly enough but had dificulty understanding me some times. Al things considered I would say that this is a OK place to stay but I have had better accomodation in Vietnam for the same price.

• 4th Aug 2013

Phuong Nam Hotel & Villa

Hoi An, Vietnam

• 30th Jul 2013

Golden Time Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

I had a great stay . The reception staff spreek good english and are verry helpful. I booked some tours through them and got q good price. I would definetly recommend staying here.

• 21st Jul 2013

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed in a 10 bed dorm. Unfortunetly the shower door was broken so when some One showered everything got wet. The sink also diden't drain well.

City Hut 1828

Tainan, Taiwan

1828 was clean and well equiped. The staff spoke good english and even helped me to book my onward trainticket. The location is not ideal to see most sights but the advantige is that its within 10minutes walk from the train and bus station. Al things considerd I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• 14th Jul 2013

Amigos Hostel

Hualien, Taiwan

• 8th Jul 2013

First Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

This hostel has a good loacation only 5min walk from the subway. Its modern clean and has everything you need. The only thing is that it may be a bit difficult to find theey don't have sign only a small picture above the doorbel. The directions are good you just have to look for the house number. I would definetly stay here again.

• 5th Jul 2013

• 29th Jun 2013

Mr. Panda Hostel

Chengdu, China

• 24th Jun 2013

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

I stayed 5 nights in this hostel its clean and most of the staff speak good english. They organize several activities at night.They also helped me book my onward flight.

• 18th Jun 2013

Lucky Family Hostel

Beijing, China

• 13th Jun 2013

Retrometro Backpackers

Tokyo, Japan

Its a great place to stay. Its a verry small hostel but it is clean. The only remark I have is that the lockers are to small. I would recommend staying here.

• 9th Jun 2013

K's House Mt.Fuji

Mount Fuji, Japan

I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and have no complaints. The place was clean and has good facilities. The staff is helpful and speak good english. The location is good they have a free pickupservice from the station but the distance is walkable. Overall it is a good hostel and i would stay here again.

• 6th Jun 2013

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

Its a cheap hostel but the onsen in the hostel,is is not wel maintained. The whole place looks like its best days are behind it . The staff were friendly and spoke good english. But diden't seem verry motivated. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 31st May 2013

Fukuoka Hana Hostel

Fukuoka City, Japan

This hostel is well equiped and close to the subway.

• 27th May 2013

Guest House Pongyi

Kanazawa, Japan

This is my third time staying at Pon as before I had a great time. Pongyi is located close to the station and most of the sites. The staff arre verry helpfull and will go out of their way to help you with any request you might have.The staff also organizes various activities you can pacticipate in. I recommend this place to any one who want to go to Kanazawa.

• 24th May 2013

Astor Hyde Park

This is a good place to stay. Its a bit far from most of the sights but still ok. The directions need improvement. Its a good 10 min from the tubestation.

• 22nd May 2013

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

Good value for money it felt more like a hotel than a hostel. To bad there was no free wifi

• 21st Dec 2012

Fort William Backpackers

Fort William, Scotland

• 20th Dec 2012

Oak Hostel

Tokyo, Japan

The washing machine and dryer ever dirty and the dryer was horrible. After 1 hour in the dryer my 2 T-shirts there still as wet as before

• 8th May 2012

Guest House Pongyi

Kanazawa, Japan

The best guesthouse I have stayed at in Japan. The staff us super friendly and will go out of their way to help you with any request. The building is warm and cozy. Great atmosphere an location. Stay here and you won't regret it!

• 4th May 2012