Location USA, Gender Female, Age 106

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
Khaosan Kyoto Theater, Kyoto, Japan
29th Dec 2013

This place is great. The Kimono Capsule bunks are so adorable -- especially at night when they're all lit up from the inside. And it's in such a good location. Our Japanese friends were amazed we'd found a hotel in such a great location --- and they didn't believe us when we told them the price. Book this place. Also: There is a convenience store right on the corner, and a delicious crepe restaurant right nearby that you should definitely try.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
Fully Hong Hostel, Seoul, South Korea
24th Dec 2013

The hotel itself is not directly in the center of the cool little area, but it's really close. The 7 to 10 minute walk wasn't that bad unless it was cold at night. xD We got moved from one room to another for some reason part-way through our stay, but the amazingness of the staff was more than enough to make up for it. They ordered food for us, gave us amazing restaurant recommendations to local places devoid of tourists, and were really fantastic. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

11th Oct 2013

Book this place. Just do it. I thought I'd never find a better deal after J-Hoppers, but this place tops. It's everything you need, and nothing you don't. I mean, a private room? For this price? Right next to both a subway station AND a major train station that gets you to/from KIX airport in a snap? Walking distance from Tsutenkaku Tower? With awesome staff? 100%. Hands down. No contest. I was expecting a sketchy love hotel, and instead it was a comfy/convenient place to stay.

Lub d Bangkok Siam, Bangkok, Thailand
26th Dec 2012

Book this place and book it quickly before someone else beats you to it. You will not find a better location. It's impossible. Lub D is 30 *seconds* from the SkyTrain so getting to/from the airport is a breeze. No taxi necessary. This hostel is the first thing you see before you even exit the station. I stayed in two different highly-recommended hostels while in Bangkok -- and I liked Lub D better. Staff is great, the water pressure is divine, it's a fun place. What more do I need to say?

Bunchun, Chiang Mai, Thailand
24th Dec 2012

First time in Thailand, first time traveling alone, and I'm not gonna lie: I booked this place because of the awesome reviews about the fun atmosphere, the owner Vee, etc. I was not disappointed! This place is FUN and Vee is fantastic. He took us to restaurants, friends' parties, and clubs where we were the only non-locals. The location is near the Holiday Inn, so even if it's not perfect, it's not hard to hail a taxi. And the Bunchun experience is WELL-worth the location trade-off. No contest.

WE Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
23rd Dec 2012

Great place, fun staff, clean, and a really good location (once you know the shortcut). It's near a Skytrain station so it's super easy to get to/from the airport without taking a taxi. I got lost trying to find the hostel the first time. Streets in Thailand aren't labeled well, and I'd forgotten to print a map. Thailand doesn't have free WiFi, so I couldn't pull up a map on my smartphone. I went to four different 7-Elevens asking for directions. Luckily this hostel is on a well-known street.

17th Nov 2012

This place was fantastic! Thank you for the wonderful stay! Also, thank you for offering to send the Key Deposit money back to me! My flight was early in the morning so I had to leave on the first train at 5:00am. I'd completely forgotten about the key deposit money when I left my key in the Drop Box. The very same day, I was sent an e-mail informing me of the forgotten deposit and offering to send it back to me. Anytime I come to Osaka, I'm definitely staying here. It's so convenient!

Thank you for such a great comment! And no worries for the key deposit! We have sent even to overseas;D Anyway it was nice to see you! We all glad you like us. You are welcome to back anytime! Thank you!

Indochine 2 Hotel, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
3rd Jan 2011

This was a pretty standard economy hotel in a convenient location (downtown near restaurants, the bank, market, palace, river, etc). Think Econolodge. There were termites in the room, though. Wooden Furniture + Humid Asian Country = Termite Paradise. Taxi/TukTuk drivers would monopolize the computers at times, but if they noticed you sitting and waiting for one, they relinquished their seat right away. Overall a good place. Great staff. Some advice: Take a taxi to the airport; not a TukTuk.

Golden Mango Inn, Siem Reap, Cambodia
31st Dec 2010

Click the "Book Now" button. Just click it. You've found the perfect place to stay. Even if you can only stay for ONE night during your trip, it'd be worth it. Staying HERE specifically is what made my visit to Siem Reap unforgettable. TONS of free amenities, but the staff is truly what makes this place fantastic. For New Year's, the owners even threw a party for all of the workers and guests! Unbelievable! Try to get Phem to take you on tours. He's one of the coolest people in the world.

Diep Anh Guesthouse, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
9.3
30th Dec 2010

We stayed at both DiepAhn and NgocThao. Personally, I preferred NgocThao because it was more like a host family. However, DiepAhn is an EXCELLENT place and feels more like a fancy hotel. The rooms/bathrooms are much nicer than I'd ever expect a hostel to be: decorated with white lace curtains & wooden trimmings that match the wooden furniture. If you're looking for peace/quiet/comfort, and prefer to avoid families/travelers lounging in the living room, I'd recommend this place over NgocThao.

NgocThao GuestHouse, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
9.3
29th Dec 2010

Absolutely wonderful! Felt like staying with a host family. There were some mosquitoes in our room, but we got rid of them. We stayed at both NgocThao and Diep Ahn and I preferred NgocThao. They're next door to one another. Diep Ahn was beautifully furnished and was more "nice hostel-esque" whereas NgocThao was much warmer in character and definitely more lively. Plus, free breakfast! NgocThao helped us book bus tickets to Siem Reap even after we had to leave for the other hostel, too.

26th Dec 2010

Seriously, don't second-guess the decision and just book this place. The location is FANTASTIC -- especially for people who've never been to Hanoi before and don't want to drive on the crazy streets. Free pick-up from the airport, free breakfast, fruit and tea anytime, reasonable prices for tours to places like Ha Long Bay, and a wonderful staff. We didn't have a shower curtain in our first room, but they moved us to another NICER room when it opened up - no changes to our bill! Awesome!

• USA,
Hotel MyStays Ochanomizu, Tokyo, Japan
29th Dec 2009

100%. �I live in Japan, but stayed here for New Years. Loved it. Staff speaks English; location is DIVINE, literally 1 min. from Ochanomizu train sta. and subway, and less than a 5 min. walk to downtown Akihabara and the Akihabara sta.; 24-hour convinience store attached; post office next door; all-you-can-eat breakfast for �1000; various restaurants in surrounding area; great water pressure and deep tubs; lots of complimentary items available in the lobby for free; felt like a 5-star hotel.

Thank you very much for your great comment. Glad that we are able to provide oustanding service during your trip.We look forward to seeing you the next time you come back to Tokyo. Hotel Mystays Ochanomizu Hideaki Tada