Reviews: nicolassynnott779542

St Christopher's Village

I like this hostel which I think is a bit too expensive for what it gives you. The room are too packed and the place have awful cleaning standards. However, there is an incredible craic around the place. The bar is good fun and staff are nice. Location is nice.

• 5th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hey Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. We're always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide for our guests and which is why your feedback is so important to us. We are usually full booked, and depending on your room mates, the rooms can seem quite full. We clean the bathrooms 3 times a day, and you shouldn't have experienced poor cleaning. Glad you enjoyed the bar, it is great fun :) Many Thanks again St Chris Team

Overrated is a small word for this location. Miss the day Eu famous hostel were truly special. Night staff were terrible, seriously check in was the worst hostel experience I had in a long time. Could be better lets say

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

hi there. thanks for the feedback. can you please specify your plea telling us excactly what was wrong? anyway save travells

My Bed BCN

Barcelona, Spain

We were supposed to be all in the same but had to split in different group. Both dorm were dirty and unsafe. What's the point of having keys if all balconies connect to each other... Staff was mostly unfriendly, alto one of them when out with us. Had to make our own bed and bring up stuff from the reception. No common room so you are not meeting other guests. Will not come back

• 23rd Aug 2013

Home Backpackers

Valencia, Spain

Still like the hostel, but the atmosphere changed a lot since my last visit. It miss the hype of an europe famous hostel and there is a big lack of atmosphere. Simple but clean roomes. LIke the roof top terrace alto lights up there would be appreciated.

• 20th Aug 2013

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

I love the fact that you always know what you will get from st christophers. You get nice comfy beds, amzing atmosphere a great and cheap bar and good staff. Only bad thingabout this place is that both terrace are almost always close. Its a tiny bit expensive too.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thanks for leaving a review great to see you have stayed with us before check out our website bookbeds.com for updates on special offers, competitions and promos. :)

A bit too expensive and as much as I like the rooftop terrace, it gets really noisy at noght. Not great when your dirm is right beside. Other then that, it is a nice place.

• 19th Aug 2012

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Love this hostel. One of the best in the world. Smoking room and bar are great. The craic is great and lockers in every rooms are appreciated. It is however getting to expensive for very large dorms.

• 8th Aug 2012

Dublin, Ireland

I love this hostel and been using it as one of my homebase traveling around the world for the last 5 years. I visit it at least 90 times and always had a great time. However, it changed lately. It closes for two months for financial reason and reopen lately. They dont have the garden anymore which was its best attribute. Because of that the commons rooms are full to the extremme. The staff doesnt look like they give a sh.t about making guest happy. Could go on,Sadly will have to find a new place

• 2nd Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Well the location is great, next to the beach and its great wave. The staff is just not great. They don't seem to know what they are doing. Could be much cleaner. Was not giving the type of room I booked for and it is way to expensive for what I got.

• 26th Jul 2012

Rainbow Hostel Doolin

Doolin, Ireland

Think of going to your grandma's place. Its about as comfortable... I like the place. You will meet goop people the pubs down the road are great and they give you free bikes to see the beautiful region.

• 20th Jul 2012

Rowan Tree Hostel

Ennis, Ireland

This hostel is a legend. 1st time I went there Damien gave me a ride to the cliffs after his night shift. This time was kidnapt by two overseas staff for a night walk around the city and some good laugh. Better hostel that the city.

• 19th Jul 2012

Neptunes Town Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

I like this hostel and went there several times. The location is great. The staff are nice and it is right beside the best pubs. You can get a free bike to ride around the burrens or to the cliffs. Could use lockers...

• 17th Jul 2012

Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel. Going there so often that ot is my second home. Staff is nice and hope they get thegarden, real quick we all miss it a lot

• 12th Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

We enjoy having you to stay too ! You can always use the roof teerace at Jacobs Inn ( sister hostel round the corner) while garden out of operation and we have a small space out back we use for BBQs on Friday and Saturdays also next time you in town !

Astor Victoria

Good hostel for the London standard. It is simply not as good as the Astor Museum. There is not much of a place to relax and or a calm room. Staff is great. Could go back.

• 29th Aug 2011

Hairy Lemon

Saranda, Albania

Lovely owner. It was a good place to sleep for one night. It gets a bit crowded in a tiny appartment when full. Not of fan of people sleeping on the patio because there is no more beds. The pankakes and baileys were good. They dont really do the activities mentioned.

Hostel Albania

Tirana, Albania

Good location and great staff. Love their bar! We met great people. I could use a door and a lock on my room door. I love the dog.

Downtown

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I like the place even though its more of a guesshouse... THe staff is super friendly and the location is ok. Free internet. Only one bath room which is a problem...lockers in the rooms which is very nice. Sometime we felt a bit bad when we saw the owner watching the tv in the lounge we felt out of place. The fact that the staff is smoking inside on the first floor which is a major prob for us.

• 19th Jul 2011

Hostel Nina

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

More of a guess house that a hostel. It is a good place to have a quiet stay and at a very cheap place. You are minutes away from the old town and they do lift to and from the train station. THe only prob is that we met no other guess and that we were bored a little. But, for that price and comfort its worth it...

• 17th Jul 2011

Montenegro Hostel

Kotor, Montenegro

The location is great, but that is it. It took us more that a hour to check in because the reception was trying to sell three tours to everyone and was enjoying talking to others. She then agree to show us our room which was in another building. First thing we found out was that there was no door to the dorm and 4 more beds that what we booked for. They agreed to tell me they overbooked my reservation later on. The room they finally gave us was full of unused things (tv, chairs,) FIND BETTER!!!

• 16th Jul 2011

Astor Museum Inn

Great location, very big and free lockers in the room. Because there is lockers in the room, people were repacking their bags all nights... It was clean, free breakfast and Internet. I just felt that the staff had more fun that the actual guest...looking for someone at the desk and finding her in the dvd room watching a movie is not something normal. Still better that most hostel in London

• 10th Apr 2011

Galway, Ireland

Clean, nice staff, great location....love the place....only prob the school group

• 21st Mar 2011

Galway, Ireland

Like the place. Also like the staff...I am just sick of being around school/sports group. The atmosphere is affected. Free Internet. Will be back, but it will be the last time if there is another group

• 19th Mar 2011

Captain Halpin's Hostel

Wicklow, Ireland

Amazing common room, good staff...a bit pricy, 12 euro for a lift to glendalough is a bit too expensive...some day tours from Dublin are 20. Met nice people in a spacious room....Only problem is that half the people in our room were sleeping with their coat on, way too cold!

• 28th Oct 2010
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thank you for your comments. We were unaware that the big room was cold so we will certainly put extra heating into it. We want our guest to feel at home in our hostel so this is a very useful review. Many thanks. and a safe journey home.

Ok hostel, nothing really bad, nothing really good. Slept well, internet is free...close to city centre... The hostel had no real ambiance, not much guess too....

• 26th Oct 2010

Dublin, Ireland

Great location and offers a lot of characters, staff is good, but still can do better. This is one of the best in the world....just wish they keep doing the small things that makes it better. Alone four nights in a 16 beds dorm cannot ask for better.

• 22nd Oct 2010

Killarney Railway Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

Good hostel, great price value. For 10 euros a night everything is perfect. Staff is great, room are a bit too crawlded at time, kitcheen is a bit old. Will go back for sure.

• 20th Oct 2010

Rainbow Hostel Dingle

Dingle, Ireland

Location because of the transport they provide. To my point of view, providing a transport is nice, but we do not see you in the hostel guys. The staff is simply not there....I think there is better place, but this place is very cheap. The beds are good. No lock on the door, the hostel never locked at night...This place could be great if the staff have a bit more consideration.

• 18th Oct 2010

Rainbow Hostel Doolin

Doolin, Ireland

Amazing small hostel in a great location to visit Clare. The staff is great, free bikes, great tips, met great people. Simply Ireland at his best. Two great pub close by and the bus stop right in front.

• 16th Oct 2010

Rowan Tree Hostel

Ennis, Ireland

Great hostel! very modern, next to great pubs. To tell how good is the staff...one of them gave me a ride to the cliff of moher after his night shiff.

• 15th Oct 2010
  • Globetrotter

Amazing staff. They made my laundry after we spend the day in the mountains around the hostel. They also served us delicious free food that night. The room was big and spacious. The hostel is 6km away from anything, but you can reach it using a tour compagny if you have no car. If it would have been closer to the national park I would have say PERFECT, but it is damn close from perfection.

• 13th Oct 2010

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

Spend more time at the wombats and the Euro that at this hostel. Had a lot of problems, including having to redo my beds twice at midnight cuz the cleaning lady only made half the beds in the room in the morning and people took ours. Funny enough to see the reception clerk having shoot at the bar when people wait for her at the reception. The barmaid save the day.

Good hostel, nice staff and bar..has a kitchen which is nice. good..a bit too expensive tho

Close of the main train station...nice room with big lockers...good bar...nice party hostel

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

The forth floor is amazing and I am glad we were upgrade to it. The rest of the hostel is kind of dirty and old. Nice staff, nice location, free internet

• 30th Sep 2010

Goat Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel. Very clean and the staff is simply great. A+ to steve that help us a lot. Big lockers for free in the room, free breakfast,free Internet...a great market 1 block away. Very cheap!

• 27th Sep 2010

Aston Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Relax place in a great location. Super cheap private room. Quiet, free Internet. Not a lot of opportunity to meet other travelers.

• 25th Sep 2010

Hostel Krokodyl

Warsaw, Poland

A bit outside the city center, but one of the best hostel I have ever been in. The staff is good, free Internet, free laundry, etc. Nice kitcheen, smoking lounge and common room. There is just way too many kids. I guess it is better during the summer.

• 22nd Sep 2010
  • Globetrotter

Good small hostel....very quiet! lots of caracter, free internet,nice tv lounge.. the lockers under the beds are nice but just a bit too small for a normal backpack.

The Monkey House

Lagos, Portugal

did not sleep at the 3 monkeys house...it is close. they send me to the jjsyard hostel which was perfectly located and the staff was amazing. It was also cheap. People were nice...

La Casa del Sol

Seville, Spain

I had a lot,lot of fun over. Met only great people and the location + roof terrace is great. I think the hostel has a lot of potential.Only problem is no locker in some room cuz the staff lose the key...no lock to the doors of all dorm..sone door with no bathroom, had to knock on someone else door to ask him if you can use his toilette. A 8 bed dorm with 9 persons for 3 nights cuz the staff dont ask for id when you get in and there is no lock to any dorm door... It is cheap tho...plz new staff

La Casa Mata Central

Malaga, Spain

not better the second time but still very quiet...good for a good night of sleep in a very cheap hostel.

Hotel Central

Casablanca, Morocco

Good clean secure place to the North Africa standard. In the old Medina with the people like the locals say... room are nice but the area can get noisy at night great staff, a bit crazy at time but love the free tea and breakfast every day. free internet

• 31st Aug 2010

La Casa Mata Central

Malaga, Spain

Really good price, not to far from the city center. free breakfast, free Internet on a computer that dont really work...a staff that really dont know the city..not even able to tell us where to make our laundry or where is the closest internet cafe..who is 5 building away for your info... a room with a sheet as a door... good price tho

• 29th Aug 2010

Hostal Atenas

Granada, Spain

Good location, nice staffm nice room....no extra service...good place at a bit too expensive price.

• 28th Aug 2010

Home Backpackers

Valencia, Spain

Great location...nicest roof terrace I have seen in an hostel. Amazing place. No wonder why they are a EUrope famous Hostel

• 26th Aug 2010

Malvarrosa Home

• 25th Aug 2010
  • Globetrotter

I offer him to stay somewhere else cause we where moving he was not interested. I told him to come by when he was in Valencia and I would pay the deposit and he never came I could not debit it on the credit card because I did not charge it, and he would not give me the bank account number so I could deposit his 5 euro deposit. Hostelworld has also written and he does not answer. We do not have a magic dove to give him the money. I am sorry you do not understand the constant correspondece we have had since May

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

great small hostel...lots of fun...not the place to go if you want to sleep in a quiet place. staff is great except the cleaning lady who is agressive and cant mind her own buisness. will go back there. I like tiny hostel.

• 19th Aug 2010

Hotel Studio

Bordeaux, France

After an issue on the time of arrival, the staff was nice. Very cheap double room...the cheapest I have ever had in europe...good value...the hostel need fresh paint and loads of minor reparation.

• 17th Aug 2010

Les Carres Pegase

Lyon, France

Good location, great room. Ok price... didnt feel like the staff knew their city well... not open from noon to 6pm every weekend...

• 14th Aug 2010
  • Globetrotter

Worst money value hostel I have ever been to. 28 euro a night for a 4 bed dorm where you will wake every morning at 9am cuz the mate gets in without knocking. the staff was rude...the mate ask me to leave the public kitchen cus she wanted to change...some people told me there was mouse in their room...worst breakfast ever...they serve the same bread during 1 week... there was not even 4 plate in the kitchen...this hostel is a joke. you can rent a cheap hotel room for 60 euros...just go somewhere else...

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

nice staff,very clean and secure...far from anything

BackpackerBerlin

Berlin, Germany

not exactly the best location, but the area is great...I would have have put a better mark if there was not a huge spanish group who were all way over 40. Met nice people...good hostel for the small price you pay. Will go back...

• 25th Jul 2010

Kville Hotel

Gothenburg, Sweden

Great staff, best bed I have ever had in a hostel. Free Internet...Free breakfast at a ok price. will book there for sure next time I am going to Gothenburg

STF Vandrarhem Stigbergsliden

Gothenburg, Sweden

Location is not bad..walking distance to all you might need. Staff is nice but not there a lot. Love both kitchen and the overall safe atmosphere. However, there were huge groups, the average age was way over 40 years old and a five bed dorm with a family of 3 is really, even worst when they are in fact 8 and there are not all in the same dorm...not a good feeling to wake up with 7 of them in your dorm at morning.

Great that you liked the atmosphere! There is staff in the reception from 8-12 and 16-22, if we have to do something in the house we put up signs to tell our guests where we are so you can find us, sorry if this didn´t work out for you. We are more of a family hostel and there is also big sport events in the city during July, which attracts more families. Too bad that the other guests in your room invited in their friends. Welcome another time!

Acco Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Well no staff...only reason I was there was the good price...no caracter, no common room, not even a table to eat on....not a good place to meet people...

Anker Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Staff is rude most of the time and the hostel is ok for the price you pay it...you have to pay for anything you need and there is no common room, but I met very nice people in my room.

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great location, good staff, nice vibe...will be back again....loads of special night..and a free upgrade!

McLays Guest House

Glasgow, Scotland

Well its not a guest house, its a cheap hotel. The front desk are rude and dont want to help you. You almost feel bad for asking a simple question or ask for a map. The room are basic, but there is many stupid rules such as no food storage in your room. You wont meet anybody there. Its more expensive that hostel around. However its good to have a break in a double room and its very calm. Dont like the location, 20 minute walk uphill from the train station....not going there again for sure.

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Nice place. Like the staff location was good, you can walk there if you like walking...35 min from the train station. great lockers under the beds... Curt the owner is a real backpacker and is hostel gives you what a backpacker need.

hey nick, thanks for the review. i have to correct you on one thing. the train st ( botanic station) is only 2-3 mins away. you must have got off at central station. we are the stop before central. happy travels vagabonds staff

Galway, Ireland

Like this place, It is very modern, they have a nice garden and great staff. The kitchen is modern and very big. They provide day tours and the location is excellent. However, there is a lot of kids and many school or community group which is annoying by moment. They don't accept alcohol inside the building so peoples are drinking in their dorm. So it can be a bit noisy. Anyway, just because of the staff I will go back (the hostel is very modern).

It is not a hostel. There is no reception and no staff...only a lady wo is doing all and her old dog. There is less than 10 persons all the time and if you meet them during your stay you are a lucky. It is a nice break from the hostel lift but it is not fun! very secure place. Tracy is great. But I will go somewhere else next time for sure.

Dublin, Ireland

Great place. An old hostel that look better every year. Tehy won several price in the last years and lots a bit of caracter but offer more services. I like the place and will go back...you meet great people all the time and its worth paying a bit more that somewhere else. Security is by far the best I have ever see. Can be better but it is still great

Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

Great place. No front desk,you almost feel like you are in someone house and he is ranting you one of the room. It is amall hostel where the very young management will do anything to help ya. Itis the cheapest place out there and everything is free.In your dorm, you will have a full equip bathroom, kitcheen with load of free food, laundry machine,adryer, a computer and a tv. All that for 7£!!!!

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Location is great! Staff dont offer much help. Just didnt slept for 2 night. 18 beds dorm are bad,bad,bad.. They have full time guest and they full the dorm in the middle of the night with bunch of old guy walk in.

Hey Nick, Glad you liked the location, although i am a little puzzled about your assumption about f/t guests, as during the time you stayed there was no one in the 18bed dorm for any long stays..... As far as noise goes, if you chose to stay in the cheapest dorm with the most beds at a w/end, you would have to be prepared for a bit of noise as oppose to say staying in a 4 bed dorm, 18 x people = a bit of noise... As far as old guys, no record of anyone a bit older staying during your stay, but if you ever have a problem with noise or sleeping just come and talk to us on reception where we will endevour to rectify the situation... Come and see us again real soon. Regards Hatters Crew

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

Nice place, the location is amazing about only 50m from the train station and 1 min of walk of all major interest. Like my stay, nice tv room/kitcheen were you meet a lot of staff member. They are a bit too present tho. Except my lil laundry problem, things were greet. I will there again at my next visit.