Reviews: ehenness

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 27

Travelholic Guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
5.7
21st Jul 2016

We had booked a private room since we would be camping the next few days. We had heavy luggage and it was a way to walk...had we known upon arrival we would be switched to a dormitory we would have stayed elsewhere (no effort was made to call/email/text in advance). Initially, they gave us dorm rooms at no discount, only after complaint they gave us a discount. There is literally only one toilet/shower for the whole floor, which is constantly full. You need a strong bladder to stay here haha.

MR.COMMA guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
6th May 2016

Really cute atmosphere and very clean. The dog is super friendly and loves making new friends haha. Good location close to Hongdae station. Maybe needs a few more areas outside the bathroom for doing hair/make-up and such.

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it. Since you came, many things as been improved. We renews all ours rooms, and bathrooms. Hope you will come again. Kind Regards, Mr Comma Guesthouse

Lions Den Backpackers Manila, Manila, Philippines
28th Jan 2016

Clean, spacious, and modern building but I was surprised the showers had no hot water. Location was a bit tough to find but you will get there eventually. Easy to meet people at the breakfast table if you are on your own and staff were very kind. It's in a guarded community so you can trust that it is safe. Was about 250 pesos cab (meter) from the airport.

showers have hot water, we were full that night so the pressure of water tends to be slow which automatically turns off the heater. but hey, cold shower has all sorts of tangible health benefits, like soothing sore muscles, dramatically increase your oxygen intake & heart rate, resulting in a natural dose of energy throughout the day and releasing happy endorphins!

Sheebang Hostel, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
8.0
18th Jan 2016

It's great for a night on your way to El Nido, isn't much to do nearby the hostel as it's in a residential area. Food was amazing and staff were friendly. It's easy to meet other travelers at the bar if you are on your own. Not all dorms have power outlets by the beds making it inconvenient sometimes to find a place to charge electronics. My only real complaint was I wish the staff had been more upfront about the fact the vans to El Nido leave habitually late, ours took 4 hours to leave Puerto!

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
Hongdae Guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
7.4
27th Jun 2014

The main benefit of this hostel is the great location right outside Hongik University Station. However, it was a bit hot in the room and the bathroom could be much cleaner. The room in general was a bit messy with clutter. If all you want is a place to crash in the Hongdae area, the location is great for the money.

Thank you for the review ! I have read it and hired new staff and now~ we have clean bathroom. I should have been better supervisor. the review was very helpful for us to make it better. ! thank you again. Mary, the host of Hongdae guesthouse

Kedawang Beach Inn, Langkawi, Malaysia
7.1
28th Jan 2014

A bit overpriced by Southeast Asian standards. It was clean, but the bed was quite rickety and the bedding very old and well used. However, it is in a nice quiet location just off the main road and less than 30 seconds to a quiet beach. As a basic place to stay, this will suit your needs.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
Indy House, Busan, South Korea
20th Jan 2014

The hostel had a very pleasant kitchen and common area, nice location not too far from the subway. Wonderful staff, very friendly upon our check in. Great access to discounts for attractions in Busan. I just wish the bathrooms were a tad cleaner. Other than that can't fault the place!

Six Degrees, Jakarta, Indonesia
26th Jul 2013

The staff were awesome and very helpful. Great chilled backpacker vibe to meet people. 7-Eleven and food stalls nearby if you are hungry and close to train station. Good standard of cleanliness. Really no complaints at all!

Clink78, London, England
21st Jul 2013

I stayed here before in the deluxe female dorm and this time in a 6 bed female dorm. The 6 bed felt less crowded and better value IMO. Good bar and breakfast. Kept very clean. Could use laptop size lockers in the rooms though.

Clink78, London, England
8.0
8th Mar 2013

Security a bit lower because the locker in your room is not big enough for a laptop. I liked the breakfast and it was easy to meet people at this time. Staff were friendly (some more than others). Great location close to King's Cross tube/rail station. Don't stay in the basement if you want to sleep as it is close to the bar. I found it clean, just it can get messy in the rooms as they are small and have no shelves for things. Would stay again though.

Samesun Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada
12th Jun 2012

Good location on Granville, however if your intention is to actually sleep and you are in a lower level room the noise from the neighbouring bars is an issue. The hostel bar was nice and good value for money. Staff were helpful and friendly. The place could use a reno though, it's not essential but it would be nice! And the breakfast is just toast, one of my hostel pet peeves. However, on Granville a filling breakfast can be found for about $7.

Hey, thanks for your feedback. Just letting you guys know that we also have bagels, fruit salad, oranges, apple & orange juice, coffee and tea for breakfast. Hope you enjoyed Vancouver! Cheers Pete Assistant Manager

9.3
7th Oct 2011

As this is a super busy hostel the staff are a bit rushed and seem like they don't have time for your questions. Definitely a PARTY hostel, so if you want peace and quiet don't stay here. But very nice facilities, very clean. Charging lock box at beds were nice. Would have liked to have seen better WiFi available in every room and the breakfast could be a bit more substantial (i.e. eggs would be nice).

Hanoi Hostel, Hanoi, Vietnam
7.0
2nd Oct 2011

I booked a female dorm only to be in my PJs when three men checked in. I had to approach the staff myself even though my room-mate had been given a discount earlier in the day due to this. Not once did a manager talk to me to apologize, only staff. Not once was I offered any compensation. Other than this it was a clean nice hostel, but due to the above reasons, I will not be returning to or recommending this property.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An, Hoi An, Vietnam
7.3
27th Sep 2011

We ended up not staying because upon arrival the place was being renovated so it didn't look like a pleasant place to relax (then again this is low season, so this may change for high season). Also, the location is rather inconvenient as it is a bit of a ways to walk to the town center. The rooms we were showed weren't particularly spectacular for the price either, and in low season you can get more for less. That being said the staff were nice and offered us free transport to another hotel.

Backpackers House, Nha Trang, Vietnam
24th Sep 2011

I really don't have anything negative to say. Very clean, great staff, loads of fun, close to the beach and other bars. If you are a solo traveler you will meet loads of people here :) Loved that breakfast was included and the boat tour was AWESOME (Only $7 !).

Vy Khanh Hostel, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
9.3
15th Sep 2011

Amazingly clean and very comfortable bed. Great location right off Pham Ngu Lao so it is quiet but still close to loads of eateries, sights, and shops. I got my laundry back so quickly it was amazing! The cup of Vietnamese coffee in the morning was delicious. Wifi could be finicky at times though. But I would definitely stay again.

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to see you again. Warm regards, Ms Vy

The Mad Monkey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
8th Sep 2011

Staff were awesome, so friendly and made you feel at home. Hostel still a bit of a work in progress though. Food was good but a bit expensive (there are cheaper restaurants in the area). My main issue was that our dorm bathroom wasn't cleaned at all the entire 3 days I was there :( I don't think guests should have to ask for their room to be tidied. Otherwise, my stay was good because of the people and staff :)

Thanks for the awesome review - Based on your feedback we now ensure every dorm bathroom gets cleaned twice a day - We are also adding lower cost food items to the menu! We loved having you stay here - Much love from us all at Team Monkey x

Happy Guest House, Siem Reap, Cambodia
28th Aug 2011

Staff were very friendly, good food menu. The room was nice and clean. My only issue with this guesthouse was that there just wasn't much going on, particularly if you are a solo traveler trying to meet people. Near central market but still in a quiet area so you can sleep.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
12th Aug 2011

It's still brand new, but once this place gets going it will be THE place to stay in KL. Super clean, friendly staff, good food at reasonable price. If you are going to KL, stay HERE. That's it. I can't believe a hostel this amazing exists!

Busan Pobi Guesthouse, Busan, South Korea
8.7
4th Aug 2011

The staff are very friendly, location excellent, and facilities nice. I particularly liked the layout of the hostel. My only issues were that the toilets could have been cleaner and the breakfast was too small to be filling, I have received more for less at other guesthouses in Korea. That being said you aren't far from places to eat, so I would stay again, especially for the location.

JK House in Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
22nd Jun 2011

Mr. Kim and his staff are very friendly. Although I had quite a bit of trouble finding the place (it was late at night and raining) it was very clean and full of friendly people. Good breakfast. Located right in Sinchon but not on a noisy street so you can still sleep at night :) Would definitely stay here again.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
HI-Banff Alpine Centre, Banff, Canada
24th Jul 2010

We had a private room and it was a lot smaller than we expected for $120 per night (only about a foot of space between bed and the wall) but it is Banff in high season. Chest of drawers were all broken except one leaving little storage for your things. Bathrooms were nice and clean though as well as common areas. Cafe was nice and convenient, good price and friendly service. Location not on Banff ave but nice because it is away from all of the crowds. Would probably stay again.

Hello, thanks for letting us know about the broken drawers; we'll get them fixed up right away. It sounds like you were in our smallest private room, please request the Mary Belle building next time - the rooms are lager with televisions, phones and ensuite washrooms.