Reviews: ktpster237

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The beds were comfortable and set up is well thought out. For the money, it was a good value and given my experiences in other countries it was a pleasant surprise. Different members of the staff actually lied to or misled me twice on simple things like my reservation and the tram route. They could just tell me they don't know or refer me to a manager of some sort. Honestly, Airbnb is not that much more expensive and I might chose that in the future because there's more accountability.

Pension Virgen de la Luz

Seville, Spain

Great budget hotel, still close enough to walk to central sights, but close to the edge of the old city making it easier to take buses. Also, 10-15 min away from train station making day trips to Cadiz and Cordoa a breeze. Enjoyed cheaper tapas in Alfalfa square. The owner of the hostel was extremely helpful and hospitable particularly after our flight was cancelled due to a strike. Would return.

Riad Dar Tamlil

Marrakech, Morocco

Great stay in Marrakech. Might be nice if there were a simple do it yourself breakfast option...I felt bad asking for early breakfast but on two occasions we had to leave early and asked for breakfast early, but we would have been happy with toast and a Nescafé which we could take care of ourselves if we had access to an electric kettle and a toaster. It's pretty common to have a self service buffet breakfast in the USA.

Alpha Hostel - Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

Great atmosphere and location. The patio is really beautiful and a good place to meet other hostelers. Not really a party place, but relaxing and close to the beach. The staff is friendly although their English skills vary widely. It's also close to big grocery stores, pharmacy, banks and lots of restaurants.