Reviews: kellihobson3450

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Taksim Sopha Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

YOU NEED TO STAY HERE. I booked for three nights, but ended up staying three weeks while working on a Russian visa. Excellent hostel. Couldn't ask for more helpful and friendly staff. Bedrooms and bathrooms were always very tidy. I have been travelling for years, and this hostel really makes you feel like you're at home. There's a mix of awesome locals and guests, and staff, very chill vibe. There's always something to do and someone to befriend. Cheers Nathan, Ragda, Matt & Onur, y'all rock! :)

• 3rd Nov 2014

Hostel Inn Downtown

Belgrade, Serbia

A lovely hostel run by a super cool lady. If you have luggage, don't forget to say when you arrive as they have a special hook for it, and it's at the top of the building (which makes the terrace excellent!). The location is great, right near the bus/train station and about 10 minutes to the downtown area. The place was very clean and very warm, much like being at home. I liked it so much I stayed another night!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Globetrotter

KELLI THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH !

UNITY Hostel Skopje

Skopje, Macedonia

Comfy beds, good wifi, excellent staff that direct you to the better places in Skopje, friendly guests. Had such a great time here I didn't want to leave!

• 18th Oct 2014

Hostel Albania

Tirana, Albania

Super cool, chill hostel near the centre of Tirana. Excellent beds, friendly knowledgeable staff, great vibe with other guests. It's a great base to see Albania, and the breakfast is huge! It's the perfect place to relax.

• 15th Oct 2014

Sunny Side Up

Palermo, Italy

Wow. I had a really great time here.Ale does everything to make you feel at home. The showers are great, beds comfy and the breakfast is really nice. A++

• 6th Oct 2014

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

This hostel is really nice, comfy beds, good showers, but most of all, exceptional staff. The lady who checked me in gave me a 20 minute run down of places that I was interested in, and really made my day. The breakfast was also really nice. I wish I could have stayed longer. It's a bit of a walk from the train station and to the ferries if you can't find a metro, or a place to buy a metro ticket, but I enjoyed it :)

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Globetrotter

The guy who runs the hostel is super friendly and really nice. The showers are grubbby. Unfortunately, I had a problem on my first night with bed bugs and I couldn't find him on the other nights to be able address the situation. Although it's not his fault, bed bugs are brought in by other guests, I felt that if he was there after the first night and I was able to tell him, I would have had a more positive stay. I ended up spending 30EU on cream as I am allergic. Close to the train station.

• 28th Sep 2014

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Unfortunately I only spent a Saturday night here and I had to wake up super early the next morning, so I could not really enjoy the vibe of this hostel. The receptionist is out of this world friendly and does everything to make you feel welcome. The stairs to get to the hostel were a bit difficult, and I didn't get much sleep as it was a Saturday night, but I would like to stay there again.

• 27th Sep 2014

Palmers Lodge Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Close to the train station, lovely staff, good wifi, extremely comfortable beds! I stayed in a room facing the tram line and stop lights, but it really was no bother as I always travel with an eye mask and ear plugs. The coffee machine at reception was outstanding! I really enjoyed my stay!

• 24th Sep 2014

Unity Traveller Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Excellent. Awesome kitchen, bedrooms were comfortable and had a pleasant feel to them. Big lockers in rooms. Laundry is inexpensive and done within a few hours. The real delight, however, is the breakfast! It's unbelievable! The only problem I had with this hostel is that half the shower door was missing and then flooded the floor for each consecutive person who showered, leaving a big puddle in the bathroom over night.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Globetrotter

Great place to crash, love the themed rooms.

• 21st Sep 2014

Flamingo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Got here on a Friday night, and there was a nightclub next to the entrance! I had to wait 30 minutes to check in late at night after a long bus ride, people singing loud and off-key in the common room. But after that, I really liked the place. It's quite chill and the breakfast is great, beds are comfortable. Bring your earplugs!

• 19th Sep 2014

Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Such a wonderful hostel, the staff and style of the hostel are . Location is quite close to the train station which was brilliant for me as I had a 0600 train. Only stayed one night, but the clientele (apart from the dude that put his pack in the middle of the room so everyone had to step around it) were quite awesome, lots of friendly people to have a chat and a beer with on the patio. If I ever come back to Rotterdam, I know where I'm staying!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Globetrotter

We are happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and our hostel location was helpful for you. Hopefully till next time ;)

Charlie Rockets

Bruges, Belgium

I liked the bar downstairs. The showers had mould and poor ventilation, and a very bad timed push button that would only stay on for a few seconds. But it's easy to find.

• 16th Sep 2014

Hostel Belle Meuniere

Nice, France

Good location near the train station. Shared bathrooms can get a bit grotty. Lack of power points in room. Comfy beds and cheerful staff.

• 13th Sep 2014

Russafa

Valencia, Spain

I loved my stay at Russafa. The owner was enthusiastic and very helpful, an absolute gentleman, full of information and kindness. If I'm ever in Valencia again, it will be Russafa 100%. My only regret was that I never had breakfast!

• 11th Sep 2014

La Caja Habitada

Seville, Spain

Excellent boutique hostel in Seville! Lovely clean, comfy beds and shower. A bit of a walk from the train station, but you can also take a bus. Great area as well, lots of tapas and great cervecerias. Staff go above and beyond. Breakfast is minimal.

• 9th Sep 2014

HI - Lisbon Centre

Lisbon, Portugal

It's cheap. Wifi didn't work in rooms, lack of common area, breakfast was disappointing, coffee was awful. The staff however, were bright and cheerful.

• 8th Sep 2014

Porto Spot Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Absolutely brilliant hostel in Porto! One of the best I've stayed in! The vibe is killer, breakfast is nice, beds super comfy. The only thing that lets it down is the directions from the train station, which are quite vague. I walked in circles for a while, but happy once I got there. Keep on doing what you're doing team!

• 7th Sep 2014

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

A 15 minute walk from Zurich Hbf. Prices are expensive, but so is everything in Zurich. But the hostel makes it up with a free beer ever night of your stay, free (espresso machine!) coffee and breakfast, lots of good live music as well (earplugs are a must for sleeping if you have to go to bed early). The only downsides apart from the price are the bunk beds themselves, they're kind of like kiddy bunk beds) and lack of power points in the room. Decent place though, they sell Club Mate!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Globetrotter

Pros: Easy to get to no matter where you are, cheap laundromats, good security, complimentary drink. Cons: the shower floods everytime someone has a shower, they provide you with a squeegee, which does nothing, and you constantly have to dodge deep pools of shower water while going to the toilet at night (because everyone, shock horror, bathes once a day). Some of the staff have a bad attitude, which I hope the manager will pay attention to, as there have been a lot of complaints around the web.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hey there! We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the shower, there was actually a missing part which caused the flooding and it is now repaired. Concerning the bad attitude of some staff members, we would be happy if you could describe that closer to us by sending an email to office-naschmarkt@wombats.eu We would really appreciate a detailed feedback so we can improve our work in the future. Best regards

Hostel Miles

Prague, Czech Republic

As central as you can get, trams running right outside the door. Pros: no bunk beds, nice and clean, excellent mattresses, hot showers, friendly staff and free coffee/tea. Cons: "standing only" computers.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Excellent hostel near the city centre, not too far from Alex and Ostbahnhof, served me right while I was there. Staff are friendly, lockers are big enough to hold massive suitcases, lots of power points for charging, comfy beds. Can't recommend it enough!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Really good hostel in Warsaw. Comfortable beds, lovely cheerful staff, good for chilling. Good recommendations for Polish food as well.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Do Re Mi Vilnius Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Really lovely hostel in the heart of Vilnius. A bit of a trek from the bus station if you don't have any Lats on you to pay for the bus, but right in the heart of downtown. The Italian guys who run the hostel are super lovely, the showers are warm, the beds are comfortable.

• 21st Aug 2014

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far! Lovely staff, has everything you'll need: laundry, free breakfast (get there early, there's lots of people to feed and not so many chairs), free coffee/tea, comfy beds and plenty of recommendations for exploring Riga!

• 19th Aug 2014

Belman Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Very comfortable beds with excellent mattresses, but no windows, so stuffy and hot when lots of people are sleeping. Only one toilet/sink/mirror available for whole hostel, so queues can be quite challenging for people who need the toilet while people are shaving, brushing their teeth and changing clothes! Hostel is cleaned between 12-3, so the showers can get a bit grubby by the morning. Dorm doors are not locked, but lockers are provided. The manager of the hostel is very nice and helpful.

• 15th Aug 2014

Citysleep

Lulea, Sweden

Everything here is done by codes and keypads. Checking in I had not received the email which allowed me access into the building, so I had to call to get my code and room number. There were no sheets on the bed and no staff to ask, so I slept without for two nights. Apparently you need to request sheets at the time of booking, which was not available on the website.No windows in the room and no fresh air. I did manage to see a staff member- when I was checking out and needed to pay!

• 12th Aug 2014

Singsaker Sommerhotell

Trondheim, Norway

A place to stay! Staff are excellent, the only downsides I can think of is the key situation, there's only a few keys to the dorms, which is not an issue if someone leaves with the key or is sleeping, as there is 24h staff to let you in the room. Also, there's a massive steep hill, but you can also go around it. Perfect summer place to chill and have a few beers and a round of pool on the north. If only it was open all year round!

• 30th Jul 2014

Copenhagen Backpackers

Copenhagen, Denmark

Everything about this hostel is warm and welcoming! The staff are excellent, I was going to be in Copenhagen earlier then check in and the staff allowed me to drop my bags off early. Check in was a breeze and the staff are absolutely lovely to chat to! The only concerns are that there are no locks on the door rooms, but everyone is super friendly anyway so there is no concern that your gear can be nicked. Also the shower floods a bit, so bring flip flops! Super clean, super location, super staff

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Checked in quite late to the hostel and found that someone had their stuff in my assigned bed. I went to tell reception that I would be happy to swap beds, just in case. The receptionist said that that would not be possible, and I had to change the bed sheets on my bed myself as well as the other bed that was free. Was quite scared that someone would be getting in bed with me that night! Breakfast was basic - toast and cereal. Couldn't find the showers. Good location and security. Wifi was poor.

• 12th Jul 2014

Blue Sky Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

Booked a 4 bed room for 2 nights in mid March. On arrival the front desk said that there had been a mistake and I had to go into an 8 bed room instead. Why didn't they inform me of this at the time the booking was made or even in advance so I could decide whether I wanted to stay? No town information was given at check-in. Room had no power points and contained the hotels linen closet, so staff were coming in and out of the room all night. Saw the owner verbally abusing staff. Worst hostel ever.

• 20th Mar 2013

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Very good location. Bathrooms and showers always clean. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, free lockers. But the main highlight for me was the staff. Very friendly and accommodating, very knowledgeable about Edinburgh. I had just come in from an all night bus ride and I was able to check in early and have a whole room to myself to recover. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 19th Mar 2013

Hotel des Olympiades

Paris, France

I only stay at this hotel when I am in Paris, and when I'm there, it's my home. Comfy rooms, really good location, not too loud and 24 hour entry. Only having two showers in the hotel is okay if you shower at night, the first floor shower is better as the second floor has a timer on it. Lots of hot water to soothe your muscles after a full day of walking around the city! This trip I stayed in room 43, and the bed was broken, springs sticking out everywhere and made for an uncomfortable stay.

• 6th Mar 2013

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Extremely comfortable bed, decent breakfast, friendly, helpful and informative staff, not too much noise (if you bring your earplugs), and located within walking distance of everything. Will definitely be back!

• 3rd Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

Cheers and when you return the new beds[even more comfortable with reading lights,usb connectors and beautiful new bathrooms!Oh and in May we're refurbing the bar aswell so SEE YOU SOON,Thanks Jim

La Pescheria Backpackers

Venice, Italy

Excellent location near Rialto Mercado vaporetto, I stayed for 7 nights over Carnival. The guy who checked me in was super lovely, very helpful and gave me a map and circled highlights and gave good advice for the trip. 1st floor bedrooms in the mixed dorm were quite big, my bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was minimal. There were only 2 power outlets that worked in the room, some of the guys that worked there were surly and refused to turn on the heat.Room smelled of water in the walls.

• 6th Feb 2013

Hostel Blue Planet

Paris, France

Staff only speak French, so if your French is not up to scratch, this is not the place for you. One key per room so you have to wake up to let people in, which is not fair for the poor people sleeping, and often people don't understand this rule and the key goes missing. Rooms closed for over 4 hours per day. No hot water in the showers. No sinks in the toilet so people don't wash their hands. Pillows and sheets are not changed between guests. No wifi. Computers are expensive. Will not be back!

• 27th Mar 2012

Hotel des Olympiades

Paris, France

I always enjoy staying at Hotel des Olympiades. It's quiet, comfortable and hassle-free. It's right by the 4 metro which cuts right through the centre of Paris, and is in walking distance of the magic of Montmatre and the Sacre-Couer. A hotel at hostel prices.

• 29th Feb 2012