Reviews: kellihobson3450

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Pros: Easy to get to no matter where you are, cheap laundromats, good security, complimentary drink. Cons: the shower floods everytime someone has a shower, they provide you with a squeegee, which does nothing, and you constantly have to dodge deep pools of shower water while going to the toilet at night (because everyone, shock horror, bathes once a day). Some of the staff have a bad attitude, which I hope the manager will pay attention to, as there have been a lot of complaints around the web.

Hey there! We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the shower, there was actually a missing part which caused the flooding and it is now repaired. Concerning the bad attitude of some staff members, we would be happy if you could describe that closer to us by sending an email to office-naschmarkt@wombats.eu We would really appreciate a detailed feedback so we can improve our work in the future. Best regards

Hostel Miles

Prague, Czech Republic

As central as you can get, trams running right outside the door. Pros: no bunk beds, nice and clean, excellent mattresses, hot showers, friendly staff and free coffee/tea. Cons: "standing only" computers.

Do Re Mi Vilnius Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Really lovely hostel in the heart of Vilnius. A bit of a trek from the bus station if you don't have any Lats on you to pay for the bus, but right in the heart of downtown. The Italian guys who run the hostel are super lovely, the showers are warm, the beds are comfortable.

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far! Lovely staff, has everything you'll need: laundry, free breakfast (get there early, there's lots of people to feed and not so many chairs), free coffee/tea, comfy beds and plenty of recommendations for exploring Riga!

Belman Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Very comfortable beds with excellent mattresses, but no windows, so stuffy and hot when lots of people are sleeping. Only one toilet/sink/mirror available for whole hostel, so queues can be quite challenging for people who need the toilet while people are shaving, brushing their teeth and changing clothes! Hostel is cleaned between 12-3, so the showers can get a bit grubby by the morning. Dorm doors are not locked, but lockers are provided. The manager of the hostel is very nice and helpful.

Citysleep

Lulea, Sweden

Everything here is done by codes and keypads. Checking in I had not received the email which allowed me access into the building, so I had to call to get my code and room number. There were no sheets on the bed and no staff to ask, so I slept without for two nights. Apparently you need to request sheets at the time of booking, which was not available on the website.No windows in the room and no fresh air. I did manage to see a staff member- when I was checking out and needed to pay!

Copenhagen Backpackers

Copenhagen, Denmark

Everything about this hostel is warm and welcoming! The staff are excellent, I was going to be in Copenhagen earlier then check in and the staff allowed me to drop my bags off early. Check in was a breeze and the staff are absolutely lovely to chat to! The only concerns are that there are no locks on the door rooms, but everyone is super friendly anyway so there is no concern that your gear can be nicked. Also the shower floods a bit, so bring flip flops! Super clean, super location, super staff

Checked in quite late to the hostel and found that someone had their stuff in my assigned bed. I went to tell reception that I would be happy to swap beds, just in case. The receptionist said that that would not be possible, and I had to change the bed sheets on my bed myself as well as the other bed that was free. Was quite scared that someone would be getting in bed with me that night! Breakfast was basic - toast and cereal. Couldn't find the showers. Good location and security. Wifi was poor.

Blue Sky Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

Booked a 4 bed room for 2 nights in mid March. On arrival the front desk said that there had been a mistake and I had to go into an 8 bed room instead. Why didn't they inform me of this at the time the booking was made or even in advance so I could decide whether I wanted to stay? No town information was given at check-in. Room had no power points and contained the hotels linen closet, so staff were coming in and out of the room all night. Saw the owner verbally abusing staff. Worst hostel ever.

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Very good location. Bathrooms and showers always clean. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, free lockers. But the main highlight for me was the staff. Very friendly and accommodating, very knowledgeable about Edinburgh. I had just come in from an all night bus ride and I was able to check in early and have a whole room to myself to recover. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to everyone.

Hotel des Olympiades

Paris, France

I only stay at this hotel when I am in Paris, and when I'm there, it's my home. Comfy rooms, really good location, not too loud and 24 hour entry. Only having two showers in the hotel is okay if you shower at night, the first floor shower is better as the second floor has a timer on it. Lots of hot water to soothe your muscles after a full day of walking around the city! This trip I stayed in room 43, and the bed was broken, springs sticking out everywhere and made for an uncomfortable stay.

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Extremely comfortable bed, decent breakfast, friendly, helpful and informative staff, not too much noise (if you bring your earplugs), and located within walking distance of everything. Will definitely be back!

Cheers and when you return the new beds[even more comfortable with reading lights,usb connectors and beautiful new bathrooms!Oh and in May we're refurbing the bar aswell so SEE YOU SOON,Thanks Jim

La Pescheria Backpackers

Venice, Italy

Excellent location near Rialto Mercado vaporetto, I stayed for 7 nights over Carnival. The guy who checked me in was super lovely, very helpful and gave me a map and circled highlights and gave good advice for the trip. 1st floor bedrooms in the mixed dorm were quite big, my bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was minimal. There were only 2 power outlets that worked in the room, some of the guys that worked there were surly and refused to turn on the heat.Room smelled of water in the walls.

Hostel Blue Planet

Paris, France

Staff only speak French, so if your French is not up to scratch, this is not the place for you. One key per room so you have to wake up to let people in, which is not fair for the poor people sleeping, and often people don't understand this rule and the key goes missing. Rooms closed for over 4 hours per day. No hot water in the showers. No sinks in the toilet so people don't wash their hands. Pillows and sheets are not changed between guests. No wifi. Computers are expensive. Will not be back!

Hotel des Olympiades

Paris, France

I always enjoy staying at Hotel des Olympiades. It's quiet, comfortable and hassle-free. It's right by the 4 metro which cuts right through the centre of Paris, and is in walking distance of the magic of Montmatre and the Sacre-Couer. A hotel at hostel prices.